Author Topic: Adidas Teams  (Read 55293 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Adidas Teams
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2013, 11:25:12 AM »
@guyatkuscottwildcatknows: KU is going to be wearing them, I asked my Sports Mkting teacher and he said they will be #adidas #woof

i believe this about as much as I believed bill self was having marriage issues.

so rock solid done deal?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »
@guyatkuscottwildcatknows: KU is going to be wearing them, I asked my Sports Mkting teacher and he said they will be #adidas #woof

i believe this about as much as I believed bill self was having marriage issues.

so rock solid done deal?

Could be a really rough March for KU'ers this yr.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 11:32:29 AM »
michigan and nc state have already said 'no' publicly.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/02/report_michigan_will_not_wear.html

if they won't even switch the chances of KU wearing those are slim and none.

If Adidas offers extra cash to a school like KU to wear the sleeves, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they agreed. These past few football seasons have really done a number on your athletic budget, and you have a track to move.

:lol:

A combined 2 year operating loss for football as reported to the Department of Education by ku athletics of about $12 to $13 million.

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 11:33:52 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/02/report_michigan_will_not_wear.html

If Adidas offers extra cash to a school like KU to wear the sleeves, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they agreed. These past few football seasons have really done a number on your athletic budget, and you have a track to move.

A combined 2 year loss as reported to the Department of Education by ku athletics of about $12 to $13 million.

not an issue.  have you seen the two major construction projects that have just broken ground? 

ku will always be fine money wise. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »

A combined 2 year loss as reported to the Department of Education by ku athletics of about $12 to $13 million.

not an issue.  have you seen the two major construction projects that have just broken ground? 

Zenger had to go get a local developer handout and borrow the money from the ku foundation because the BOR/State would not back any more bonding for ku athletics.

Year over Year ticket revenue down over $2 million for ku athletics.

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 11:37:52 AM »

Zenger had to go get a local developer handout and borrow the money from the ku foundation because the BOR/State would not back any more bonding for ku athletics.

so what are your worried about? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 11:40:21 AM »

I'm not worried about anything, our net revenues over the last 3 years are in the tens of millions of dollars . . . from an operational revenue/expense standpoint, it appears that ku athletics finished FY 2012 about $8.7 million in the hole.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
:dunno: the Golden State unis were pretty dope when they wore them and they played well

you sure about that?

did you see the game that they broke them out? When I saw the pics two weeks ago I thought they looked very stupid, thought differently when I saw them worn in beautiful HD.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2013, 11:56:17 AM »
The Warriors went from the best unis in the NBA to the worst in one night.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 11:58:46 AM »
The two tones of yellow are worse than the sleeves, IMO.

But still sleeves blow.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:26 AM »
Looks silly with the shorts.  Baggy shorts with tight tops.  Not advocating for tight shorts, but they look silly together.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
Yeah, I was watching a game that they were wearing them last Saturday night with some guys and we all pretty much agreed they were the worst basketball uniforms ever.  Mismatched yellows? Pinstriped shorts? Sleeves? Weird mock V collar?  Woof.
:adios:

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
those uniforms are the worst i've ever seen. 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2013, 12:03:11 PM »
Imagining *insert 7 foot tall skinny as hell Baylor freshman with no muslce tone here* wearing a highlighter yellow/mustard yellow sleeved shirt/baggy short combination...  :lol: :lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2013, 12:05:22 PM »
Yeah, I was watching a game that they were wearing them last Saturday night with some guys and we all pretty much agreed they were the worst basketball uniforms ever.  Mismatched yellows? Pinstriped shorts? Sleeves? Weird mock V collar?  Woof.

The Pinstriped shorts wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't paired with a goddamn soccer jersey of a different color. Very 90s NBA, which is the best era in NBA uniforms ever.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2013, 12:06:47 PM »

Stade Francais, a French rugby team, has a really rich and eccentric owner.  They have had several awful jerseys, including the worst jerseys ever, but those Warriors ones take the cake for basketball.

:adios:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2013, 12:10:23 PM »

Stade Francais, a French rugby team, has a really rich and eccentric owner.  They have had several awful jerseys, including the worst jerseys ever, but those Warriors ones take the cake for basketball.

Maybe his focus is just really good looking players.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2013, 12:14:11 PM »

I'm not worried about anything, our net revenues over the last 3 years are in the tens of millions of dollars . . . from an operational revenue/expense standpoint, it appears that ku athletics finished FY 2012 about $8.7 million in the hole.

ku spends a lot of money.  I don't think anyone is worried about it in the long run.  Otherwise they wouldn't be building a completely new athletic complex, renovating the football stadium, and building a new addition to AFH.  KSU should probably look at spending a lot more money if they want to keep up.  getting weber his own plane would be a good start. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
Fully agree that we should be spending more.  Should be looking to basically break even every year, imo.

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2013, 12:17:11 PM »

ku spends a lot of money.  I don't think anyone is worried about it in the long run.  Otherwise they wouldn't be building a completely new athletic complex, renovating the football stadium, and building a new addition to AFH.  KSU should probably look at spending a lot more money if they want to keep up.  getting weber his own plane would be a good start. 

you haven't even seen our new rowing facility construction have you :kstategrad:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »

had not heard this. good for KU. about time.  :thumbs:

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »
had a cousin working for nike in oregon in marketing, she said they can't even consider adidas a rival in america anymore. mainly because of stupid crap like this. europe, obviously is a bit more of a battleground, but she said most of their big changes in american sports have resulted in big losses for them.

can't wait for MARCH MADNESS NOW  :excited:

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2013, 12:19:56 PM »
Gridiron Club 2014?? :tsc:

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »
who has the worst uniforms in college basketball?

i'm going with:

Maryland (makes me think of white trash nascar fans)

honorable mention:

texas tech

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2013, 12:55:01 PM »

quit listening to petro, the dude is an idiot.  flying oscar across the country on k-state's plane when we can easily book him on AA so he can go meet a recruit doesn't make much sense.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.