Author Topic: Adidas Teams  (Read 55898 times)

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Adidas Teams
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »

so what are your worried about?

I'm not worried about anything, our net revenues over the last 3 years are in the tens of millions of dollars . . . from an operational revenue/expense standpoint, it appears that ku athletics finished FY 2012 about $8.7 million in the hole.

ku spends a lot of money.  I don't think anyone is worried about it in the long run.  Otherwise they wouldn't be building a completely new athletic complex, renovating the football stadium, and building a new addition to AFH.  KSU should probably look at spending a lot more money if they want to keep up.  getting weber his own plane would be a good start. 

quit listening to petro, the dude is an idiot.  flying oscar across the country on k-state's plane when we can easily book him on AA so he can go meet a recruit doesn't make much sense.

so what are you going to do with the profits?  put it in the bank for when Weber's poor recruiting ruins the program?  you give the guy every advantage you can IMO.  He needs to bring in talent, especially a good 2 or 3 and a 4 that can shoot plus defend the post. 

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »

I'm not worried about anything, our net revenues over the last 3 years are in the tens of millions of dollars . . . from an operational revenue/expense standpoint, it appears that ku athletics finished FY 2012 about $8.7 million in the hole.

ku spends a lot of money.  I don't think anyone is worried about it in the long run.  Otherwise they wouldn't be building a completely new athletic complex, renovating the football stadium, and building a new addition to AFH.  KSU should probably look at spending a lot more money if they want to keep up.  getting weber his own plane would be a good start. 

quit listening to petro, the dude is an idiot.  flying oscar across the country on k-state's plane when we can easily book him on AA so he can go meet a recruit doesn't make much sense.

so what are you going to do with the profits?  put it in the bank for when Weber's poor recruiting ruins the program?  you give the guy every advantage you can IMO.  He needs to bring in talent, especially a good 2 or 3 and a 4 that can shoot plus defend the post.

what about a 1 and a 5?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2013, 01:10:26 PM »

We are using them to build a limestone castle on the west end of the football field and a basketball training facility.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2013, 01:11:12 PM »
what profits are you talking about?  i assume you mean cash saved by flying commercial.  maybe you haven't seen what's going on in our AD right now.  that wouldn't surprise me because earlier you incorrectly said that KU has begun work on memorial.   

bottom line is that the kid he's visiting isn't going to know or care how the eff oscar got to his gym.    rick barnes flies commercial all the time, has it hurt UT?  what are they doing with their profits?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »
ITT we learn cork_sniffer does not understand revenue, profit, wise spending, and renovations v. proposed renovations.

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »

what about a 1 and a 5?

imo he's got a few and with his offense it seems to me that he needs a SG/Wing and quality stretch 4 ideally.  any decent PG can run that system but can you put Gipson at the 4 and still be effective?  I don't think so but what do I know?   :dunno:   ;)  I'm not sure how closely you followed Illinois but I watched them quite a bit and I always thought they needed shooters at 2,3,4 to be effective.   If his 1 and 5 could score it was icing on the cake but not as important. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2013, 01:18:29 PM »
can't recruit on private planes, dorks

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2013, 01:21:29 PM »
Sniffer is a fun sock.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »
Sniffer is a fun sock.

he's not a sock of anyone. you may know him better as oneuponaggie from way back. wore oakleys on a lanyard iirc.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
can't recruit on private planes, dorks

You can't fly recruits in on a private plane.   A coach can get places on a Private plane, but Cheyenne Zulu stated that ku had cut back on their private plane usage significantly because of budget concerns.   "Lew is Building a Monster" left that place in financial shambles.

We all know K-State has a private jet and the athletic department uses it from time to time. 

SD, I stand corrected.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
LHCBS gets to use our private plane to go on vacation. What is that costing the taxpayers???????? :shakesfist:

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2013, 01:27:41 PM »
what profits are you talking about?  i assume you mean cash saved by flying commercial.  maybe you haven't seen what's going on in our AD right now.  that wouldn't surprise me because earlier you incorrectly said that KU has begun work on memorial.   

bottom line is that the kid he's visiting isn't going to know or care how the eff oscar got to his gym.    rick barnes flies commercial all the time, has it hurt UT?  what are they doing with their profits?

i'm kind of kidding around.

but barnes recruits well, weber is great at x's and o's and has had some issues recruiting.  I'd think that instead of running a major profit this year KSU should throw as much money into helping weber recruit as possible.  pay off a couple more blue chippers perhaps?  ;)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
Yeah, I was watching a game that they were wearing them last Saturday night with some guys and we all pretty much agreed they were the worst basketball uniforms ever.  Mismatched yellows? Pinstriped shorts? Sleeves? Weird mock V collar?  Woof.

The Pinstriped shorts wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't paired with a goddamn soccer jersey of a different color. Very 90s NBA, which is the best era in NBA uniforms ever.

:love:  :love:  :love:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
I hadn't paid much attention to many of the NBA uni's and I must say . . . nasty, just nasty.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »

but barnes recruits well, weber is great at x's and o's and has had some issues recruiting.  I'd think that instead of running a major profit this year KSU should throw as much money into helping weber recruit as possible.  pay off a couple more blue chippers perhaps?  ;)

How stupid of us to use that money to enhance the infrastructure of the sport that pays for this conference and every athletic department in it. jfc cork

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »

Ummm... yeah.  Texas is terrible.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »

I don't think Weber's problems recruiting have as much to do with being able to sell the program as they do with talent evaluation, tbqh. He told Jacob Pullen that he wasn't good enough to play for Illinois, and he signed Orris, then told Gray to hit the road to Tech.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2013, 01:33:14 PM »
I hadn't paid much attention to many of the NBA uni's and I must say . . . nasty, just nasty.

I love Brooklyn's logo/uni but I like simple

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »

How stupid of us to use that money to enhance the infrastructure of the sport that pays for this conference and every athletic department in it. jfc cork

you should be far more worried about keeping your coach alive and/or finding his replacement at this point.  just my .02

but who cares about football?  this is kansas; a basketball state. 

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »

I love Brooklyn's logo/uni but I like simple

^^^

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »

you should be far more worried about keeping your coach alive

Why do you think we are building NBAF?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »

:barf:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2013, 01:42:26 PM »

Jesus, my eyes.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2013, 01:43:30 PM »
I hope Adidas keeps it up and puts stuff out that is this shitty during football season. It would make me feel slightly better about our throwback uniforms that we wear every week.