Author Topic: Shame Yourself  (Read 322722 times)

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Shame Yourself
« Reply #1225 on: September 04, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
Had a friend who used to put all the dried dog poop in a huge tupperware container. Well one time he left it outside in the rain. I was like wtf.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 04, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
Had a friend who used to put all the dried dog poop in a huge tupperware container. Well one time he left it outside in the rain. I was like wtf.

wut
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 04, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »
Why?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 04, 2013, 03:48:57 PM »
Asava you could be my neighbor anytime. I'd loan you tools and help you shovel the sidewalk, then we'd drink frosty cold ones and compliment each other's decorative powercat garden stones.

He would feed you pig face.

this is one of those statements where the presence (or lack of) of a comma matters

I think pig face sounds more appetizing than head cheese.  I would eat pig face.  I will not eat head cheese.

would do cheek tacos without giving it another thought. don't think i'll make head cheese again unless it involves some sort of dare or wager.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 04, 2013, 04:56:30 PM »
Asava you could be my neighbor anytime. I'd loan you tools and help you shovel the sidewalk, then we'd drink frosty cold ones and compliment each other's decorative powercat garden stones.

this is one of those statements where the presence (or lack of) of a comma matters

I think pig face sounds more appetizing than head cheese.  I would eat pig face.  I will not eat head cheese.

would do cheek tacos without giving it another thought. don't think i'll make head cheese again unless it involves some sort of dare or wager.

Interestingly or not, I have been thinking about trying a cheek taco.  Bonito Michoaocan sells beef cheek tacos and although I'm sure the flavor is different from pig cheek, I have been slowly working up the courage to try it. Not there yet.
@lopakman

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: September 04, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »
Put on your favorite taco eating tank and get the eff in there and eat that goddamned cow face. :Order:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 04, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »
Put on your favorite taco eating tank and get the eff in there and eat that goddamned cow face. :Order:

Might/Probably will have to order this.

@lopakman

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 04, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »
Speaking of tacos who remembers the Pink Taco from Manhattan.  Man that place was great, with all the protesters and everything.  Found this article.

http://www.foodzings.com/2007/08/eating-out-at-pink-taco.html

helpmestartauniversity.com says:
April 22, 2008 at 3:58 AM
Hi there,

I created the Pink Taco restaurant & bar concept and opened the original in May 1998 — a year before the Mortons opened their first.

The controversy and community response to their version is tame compared to what I faced in ultra-conservative Manhattan, Kansas. We had aggressive picketers, petitioners, hate letters, anonymous threats, an onslaught of negative letters-to-the-editor, and police
discrimination.

There were many stories in the local papers. The ABC affiliate out of Topeka came to Manhattan and did an on-site story that ran state-wide on the evening news, and the CBS affiliate invited us to join them in-studio for their half-hour morning show (which we declined since things were spiraling out of control).

I would do Internet searches at the time that would call up page after page of hits about me and my store. My Pink Taco dominated the regional news and spread nationwide through online postings and reprinted stories in towns across the country.

Anyway, I have written an article recounting the history of the original Pink Taco and the intense controversy it caused (complete with pictures and links to about a dozen of the news stories). You can read it on my blog if you’re interested:
If that link isn’t hot, just click on my name and take that route instead.

@lopakman

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 04, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »
Speaking of tacos who remembers the Pink Taco from Manhattan.  Man that place was great, with all the protesters and everything.  Found this article.

http://www.foodzings.com/2007/08/eating-out-at-pink-taco.html

helpmestartauniversity.com says:
April 22, 2008 at 3:58 AM
Hi there,

I created the Pink Taco restaurant & bar concept and opened the original in May 1998 — a year before the Mortons opened their first.

The controversy and community response to their version is tame compared to what I faced in ultra-conservative Manhattan, Kansas. We had aggressive picketers, petitioners, hate letters, anonymous threats, an onslaught of negative letters-to-the-editor, and police
discrimination.

There were many stories in the local papers. The ABC affiliate out of Topeka came to Manhattan and did an on-site story that ran state-wide on the evening news, and the CBS affiliate invited us to join them in-studio for their half-hour morning show (which we declined since things were spiraling out of control).

I would do Internet searches at the time that would call up page after page of hits about me and my store. My Pink Taco dominated the regional news and spread nationwide through online postings and reprinted stories in towns across the country.

Anyway, I have written an article recounting the history of the original Pink Taco and the intense controversy it caused (complete with pictures and links to about a dozen of the news stories). You can read it on my blog if you’re interested:
If that link isn’t hot, just click on my name and take that route instead.

the old board had a massive thread about the pink taco guy. He's pretty great.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 04, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
Is that the same guy that gE.com had a thread linking to a bbs for geniuses where he was talking about starting his own university?  Also wasn't the combo fan board sort of named after that for a while? 

Man rusty you beat me.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 04, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
Is that the same guy that gE.com had a thread linking to a bbs for geniuses where he was talking about starting his own university?  Also wasn't the combo fan board sort of named after that for a while? 

Man rusty you beat me.

yes, same guy.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 04, 2013, 07:06:51 PM »
Neat.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 04, 2013, 07:08:26 PM »
Also the brains behind the Booyah Pizza concept and some sort of grocery delivery service.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 04, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »
Also the brains behind the Booyah Pizza concept and some sort of grocery delivery service.
I think I remember that guy from my gpc days. he was telling the board about his grocery delivery thing and it went typical gpc. half the board wanted to immediately sign up for it just because he was a cats fan and the other half pi'd him pretty hard.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 05, 2013, 08:07:49 AM »
I think I remember that guy from my gpc days. he was telling the board about his grocery delivery thing and it went typical gpc. half the board wanted to immediately sign up for it just because he was a cats fan and the other half pi'd him pretty hard.

Lack of unity will be their downfall.   :Woohoo:
@lopakman

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 05, 2013, 09:01:03 AM »

Man rusty you beat me.
Holy balls bread, it's like you were secretly lurking on ksufans the whole time. Your historical knowledge of goE continues to amaze me
I'm purple down

Offline F14ABE

• Fan
  • WWCSD: What would Carl Sagan Do?
    • View Profile
    • F14 LIFE
« Reply #1241 on: September 05, 2013, 09:02:46 AM »
twitter & instagram: @AbeAlem
F14LIFE.COM
What would Carl Sagan Do?
Dream BIG!

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 05, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

Interestingly or not, I have been thinking about trying a cheek taco.  Bonito Michoaocan sells beef cheek tacos and although I'm sure the flavor is different from pig cheek, I have been slowly working up the courage to try it. Not there yet.

one time i ordered intestine taco's from a taco truck in east tulsa. surprisingly decent. i was seriously afraid for my life for the next few days after, though.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 05, 2013, 03:56:42 PM »
 :Yuck:

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 05, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »

one time i ordered intestine taco's from a taco truck in east tulsa. surprisingly decent. i was seriously afraid for my life for the next few days after, though.

:eek:  Compared to that a cheek taco sounds pretty good right now.  What did it taste like? 
@lopakman

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: September 05, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »
kinda rubbery. they cook the crap out of it so it pretty much just tasted like the sauce that was on it. maybe i just had a bad one?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 05, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »
maybe i just had a bad one?

no, that's what they taste like.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 05, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »
kinda rubbery. they cook the crap out of it so it pretty much just tasted like the sauce that was on it. maybe i just had a bad one?

you probably just had calamari

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 05, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »
maybe i just had a bad one?

no, that's what they taste like.
yeah. I'm not afraid to try anything but tripe was near the bottom of the list of things I've tried. horrible texture (it's like soft thin gristle) and bland crappy flavor. yuck.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 06, 2013, 07:30:18 AM »

you probably just had calamari

would take.