Author Topic: Documentaries  (Read 33291 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Documentaries
« Reply #375 on: April 09, 2024, 01:08:53 PM »
Netflix has a new doc about the recording of We Are the World, called The Greatest Night in Pop.  The footage is good and it's pretty impressive how they got all those stars to show up in one place at the same time.  There were lots of interesting mini-stories within this show and of course it talked about the efforts of trying to get Prince to show up.  Still no explanation of what Dan Aykroyd was doing there.  Drugs?

I just finished this and I can't emphasize enough how much I loved it. This is the perfect mix of wholesomeness and nostalgia. Even Waylon Jennings being a giant man baby didn't ruin this song or documentary.

Yeah, i never cared for that song and always thought it was so corny when I was young.

The doc really puts into context just what a huge deal it was to put together and pull off.  pretty incredible.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2024, 12:04:27 PM »
Currently watching Quiet On Set. Oof.
i just finished watching this.  what’s your take on dan schneider?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2024, 12:28:04 PM »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2024, 04:04:48 PM »
i mean, no doubt he was/is an absolute creep and pervert, who has no business working with children, or women for that matter. What i can't get a read on is whether he did anything that rises to the level of criminality. Like, having children perform thinly veiled sex acts is absolutely gross and should probably put him on a watchlist, but i'm not sure if having someone squirt some goo on Jamie Lynn Spears' face is quite criminal. I think if he was touching or showing i'm sure victims would have come forward by now like they did w/ those other guys. I wouldn't be surprised if he is soon accused of something criminal, but it just seems like he doesn't really have any leverage to keep them quiet so i don't know why his victims wouldn't have said something by now.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2024, 04:06:07 PM »

on a scale of 1 - 10, how likely am i to recommend this to a friend? i would say 8. maybe 9.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2024, 04:18:12 PM »
Had some drinks and instead of booking an expensive foreign excursion, Mrs SF and i settled in for some TV watching last weekend. Browsing the docs on Prime I found one about the lead singer of the Band Blue October. Trailer seemed fine and I kind of enjoy some Blue October myself, so why not. I thought, if they did a documentary on this guy and band, they had to be somewhat interesting??? Right? Well, I was wrong. There was literally nothing interesting about these assholes at all. We just kept watching and waiting and I can't figure out for the life of my why the doc was even made. 2-10 would not recommend.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2024, 04:44:38 PM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite