Author Topic: Shame Yourself  (Read 322749 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shame Yourself
« Reply #675 on: April 12, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »
i did two sake bombs last night with a bunch of girls and yelled the whole stupid chant with them

blast, putting a fanningbrag in the shame thread to pretend you are ashamed does not make it not a fanningbrag

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 12, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »
holy crap fattyfest is gonna be fun right blumpz?

Man I wish I could go.  My bro is getting married the next weekend and I have to save my time off for that!  It's June 15th at Mae's right?
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 12, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »
i did two sake bombs last night with a bunch of girls and yelled the whole stupid chant with them

blast, putting a fanningbrag in the shame thread to pretend you are ashamed does not make it not a fanningbrag

mocat i felt very stupid doing it

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 12, 2013, 02:32:33 PM »

mocat i felt very stupid doing it

i would have pulled one of these if i saw it happening  :D

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 12, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »

Man I wish I could go.  My bro is getting married the next weekend and I have to save my time off for that!  It's June 15th at Mae's right?

yeah, you can totally make it. ride with sd or something?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Shame Yourself
« Reply #680 on: April 12, 2013, 02:36:07 PM »
That must have been hard, I was looking at my old sports cards and am having a tough time parting with them and they aren't even worth anything, I can't even bring myself to throw them in the trash :cry:

It was really hard, but I had been thinking about it for several years.  I bought my house 2 years ago and was wondering why I was making these house payments when I have all these toys that could pay for it rather than wasting money on the loan.  I had them appraised to start the process and let some of the richest nerds I know it's up for sale.  I really thought about it and those two Transformers mean just as much to me as the entire collection, so it was time to let it go. 

I know my dad would have wanted me to waste the money on blow and hookers, but I paid my house off instead.  Tax season could be fun next year, but I already had an LLC in my name (as I have 100 acres of farm land as well) that was passed to me.  My tax guy is going to love me next year! 
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 12, 2013, 02:47:41 PM »

Well, it's not just at Mae's.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 12, 2013, 03:01:25 PM »

True, we are going to spend a considerable amount of time at rick daris' meth house trashing the place and stuff
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 12, 2013, 03:09:43 PM »

True, we are going to spend a considerable amount of time at rick daris' meth house trashing the place and stuff

Hmmmmmmm...I have been into meth houses ever since I started watching Breaking Bad. 
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Shame Yourself
« Reply #684 on: April 12, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »
That must have been hard, I was looking at my old sports cards and am having a tough time parting with them and they aren't even worth anything, I can't even bring myself to throw them in the trash :cry:

It was really hard, but I had been thinking about it for several years.  I bought my house 2 years ago and was wondering why I was making these house payments when I have all these toys that could pay for it rather than wasting money on the loan.  I had them appraised to start the process and let some of the richest nerds I know it's up for sale.  I really thought about it and those two Transformers mean just as much to me as the entire collection, so it was time to let it go. 

I know my dad would have wanted me to waste the money on blow and hookers, but I paid my house off instead.  Tax season could be fun next year, but I already had an LLC in my name (as I have 100 acres of farm land as well) that was passed to me.  My tax guy is going to love me next year!

This is a pretty awesome story. Just be careful and make sure you hold enough money to pay the tax. Capital gains on collectibles is 28%.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:45:42 PM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 12, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »
I am a Cubs fan.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 12, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »

This is a pretty awesome story. Just be careful and make sure you hold enough money to pay the tax. Capital gains on collectibles is 28%.

I am pretty sure he spent a ton of money on advertising his collection for sale.
@mikec2w

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 12, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »
I am a Cubs fan.

that's kind of a humble brag. It's very fashionable to be a fan of a loveable loser, especially the Cubs.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 12, 2013, 03:52:59 PM »

I am pretty sure he spent a ton of money on advertising his collection for sale.

Yeah, I'm sure he also spent a lot of money acquiring the collection. The rate on earnings is still 28%, though, which is much higher than what most people expect it would be. Capital gains on stocks cap out at 15%.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 12, 2013, 03:54:46 PM »
Well, I'm no tax accountant.  I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...so there's that.
@mikec2w

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 12, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »
I didn't spend any money advertising and not a penny on shipping it (filled an entire semi).  A good nerd friend of mine that is a trust-fund kid bought the whole thing to add to his collection.  I talked to my accountant and he said we may be able to get a capped 15% or at least 28% on 1/2 the 350k based on costs to me.  I held onto receipts/appraisals and all that jazz.  I did the math and the short-term hit from capital gains tax doesn't come close to the long-term damage of my mortgage.  I'll definitely save a majority of the money until after tax season next year.  I did find a CD at a local credit union to put it in until that time (so no worries on me blowing it).

I did buy myself a tank of gas though (wrote it down as a travel cost for the accountant).  Bonus.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 12, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »
There is about a 0% chance I would claim that on my taxes.  Also a decent chance I'd end up in one of those prisons for white collar criminals.  You know you get conjugal visits in those?  Anyway, something to think about if you're still blumping' the neighbor's daughter.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 12, 2013, 05:16:42 PM »
I didn't spend any money advertising and not a penny on shipping it (filled an entire semi).  A good nerd friend of mine that is a trust-fund kid bought the whole thing to add to his collection.  I talked to my accountant and he said we may be able to get a capped 15% or at least 28% on 1/2 the 350k based on costs to me.  I held onto receipts/appraisals and all that jazz.  I did the math and the short-term hit from capital gains tax doesn't come close to the long-term damage of my mortgage.  I'll definitely save a majority of the money until after tax season next year.  I did find a CD at a local credit union to put it in until that time (so no worries on me blowing it).

I did buy myself a tank of gas though (wrote it down as a travel cost for the accountant).  Bonus.

That's great :D. You shouldn't need to save a majority of it for taxes. 1/3 should be well over what you pay.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 12, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »

Hmmmmmmm...I have been into meth houses ever since I started watching Breaking Bad. 

Basically Rick Daris is Walter White and I'm Jesse Pinkman.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 12, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »
trim is saul!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 12, 2013, 05:36:51 PM »
Metalhead is Skinny Pete, EllRobersonIsInnocent is Combo, and seven is Badger. I distribute them drugs every weekend to do with what they wish.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 12, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
oh man, i was totally going to ask to be badger too!   :raccoon: (but a badger)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 12, 2013, 05:47:29 PM »
Metalhead is Skinny Pete, EllRobersonIsInnocent is Combo, and seven is Badger. I distribute them drugs every weekend to do with what they wish.

Oh man!  :D

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 12, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »
I am a Cubs fan.

that's kind of a humble brag. It's very fashionable to be a fan of a loveable loser, especially the Cubs.

Man, never thought of it like that before.  Takes the edge off the shame just a bit but overall this is still shameful.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 12, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »
i thought everyone in the world is a cubs fan?