Author Topic: Shame Yourself  (Read 327232 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Shame Yourself
« Reply #425 on: March 11, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »
Update on the Transformers Collection from the ole Blumperz.

Just got back from the appraisal which took awhile.  The guy appraising them gave me an insurance figure and a real life figure.  My toy collection is worth twice the amount my house is worth.  I don't know if this is a stud move or a shame yourself situation.

Sell them.  The movies are done.  They won't get more popular.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 11, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
Can't decide whether shame or stud. Depends on what your house is worth?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 11, 2013, 04:52:53 PM »

That's actually a very good point.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 11, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »

Iowa dollars....

I mean, the toys could still be on the shelf at Walmart.

No offense, Blump.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 11, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
Haven't eaten anything besides pizza and Chinese food since FPD morning.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 11, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »
I frequently do not wear my seatbelt  :horrorsurprise:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 11, 2013, 11:12:59 PM »

Pathetic

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 11, 2013, 11:24:52 PM »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 11, 2013, 11:35:21 PM »

Pathetic

Dangerous.

He likes to live life on the edge...

Side note, when ben ji had his learners permit his mother would not let him leave the driveway unless he had his seat belt on. Thanks mom!

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 11, 2013, 11:52:02 PM »

Iowa dollars....

No offense, Blump.

LOL...no offense taken.  I have over 30,000 Transformers.  I'd buy them by the sack full at garage sales/second hand stores back in the day.  Let's just say I have a bunch of prototypes and every transformer up till beast wars sealed in it's package and graded by AFA.  I also have an editor's edition of Transformers #1 (created and signed by Stan Lee) that is sent off prior to coloring.  That had a huge estimate value as it is the only copy to exist and Stan Lee verified it for me.  My house is worth 200k so my collection was valued at around 2 times that.  Yea, it's a shame move. 
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 12, 2013, 07:20:35 AM »
Shame because you are a hoarder. I hope you don't get trapped under a collapsed pile of transformers and die.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 12, 2013, 07:39:39 AM »
Watching CBS morning show about Jamaican lottery scams on US elderly and don't feel bad for the elderly because eff, don't mail $30,000 to Montego Bay because some guy who talks like Wyclef calls and says you won $8.5 million.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 12, 2013, 08:15:13 AM »
Watching CBS morning show about Jamaican lottery scams on US elderly and don't feel bad for the elderly because eff, don't mail $30,000 to Montego Bay because some guy who talks like Wyclef calls and says you won $8.5 million.

Limestone, is this really the most shameful thing you've done lately? C'mon bro. Let it out...
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 12, 2013, 08:18:03 AM »

Iowa dollars....

No offense, Blump.

LOL...no offense taken.  I have over 30,000 Transformers.  I'd buy them by the sack full at garage sales/second hand stores back in the day.  Let's just say I have a bunch of prototypes and every transformer up till beast wars sealed in it's package and graded by AFA.  I also have an editor's edition of Transformers #1 (created and signed by Stan Lee) that is sent off prior to coloring.  That had a huge estimate value as it is the only copy to exist and Stan Lee verified it for me.  My house is worth 200k so my collection was valued at around 2 times that.  Yea, it's a shame move.
Don't know if there is enough "stud" to make up for the shame. Not likely. But still, congrats!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 12, 2013, 08:23:49 AM »

Iowa dollars....

No offense, Blump.

No, that's a stud move all the way. You made $400,000 and probably spent about $30,000.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 12, 2013, 08:51:44 AM »
Shame because you are a hoarder. I hope you don't get trapped under a collapsed pile of transformers and die.

Nice.  Growing up I spent every dime I made on Transformers and kept them sealed in their boxes.  I also bought them at garage sales/second hand stores for next to nothing.  Before my father passed, it was something my dad and I did together (he was an mechanical engineer and loved the toys).  I don't think I am a hoarder in that my house is very clean.  In the past 10 years I have only bought around 100 Transformers, which obviously is an improvement.

Still, I put it in the shame yourself thread as 30,000 Transformers is a lot of toys and I definitely need to thin down the collection to only a few that mean a great deal to me.

#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 12, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »

Nice.  Growing up I spent every dime I made on Transformers and kept them sealed in their boxes.  I also bought them at garage sales/second hand stores for next to nothing.  Before my father passed, it was something my dad and I did together (he was an mechanical engineer and loved the toys).  I don't think I am a hoarder in that my house is very clean.  In the past 10 years I have only bought around 100 Transformers, which obviously is an improvement.

Still, I put it in the shame yourself thread as 30,000 Transformers is a lot of toys and I definitely need to thin down the collection to only a few that mean a great deal to me.
My 3 year old thinks you are the coolest person on the planet.  I wish I had kept the 10 or so I had when I was a kid.  Do you drive a "Bumblebee" Camaro?

Offline Microwave

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 12, 2013, 11:02:35 AM »
I can win this thread,

In 2006 during the UT KSU game, i was in attendance, and sporting my best burnt orange attire. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 12, 2013, 11:13:09 AM »
I can win this thread,

In 2006 during the UT KSU game, i was in attendance, and sporting my best burnt orange attire.

This is a self shame thread, not a self hate thread. 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 12, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »
I can win this thread,

Go to hell.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 12, 2013, 11:31:56 AM »

this is a very nice story, blumps. I didn't want to be mean, just razzing you.

If I post a picture of an obscure transformer I have can you identify it? It transforms from a space jet into a guy with an ENORMOUS penis and if you push a button the penis cover pops open and it is a lazer cannon.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 12, 2013, 11:33:44 AM »
I can win this thread,

Kill yourself.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 12, 2013, 11:36:55 AM »

You have a horrific problem sir. 

A HORRIFICLY AWESOME STUD OVERLOAD PROBLEM! :D

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 12, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »
I can win this thread,

I don't understand is this person a UT fan, a UT fan in 2006 now turned Cat fan, or just confused?

Offline Microwave

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 12, 2013, 11:40:58 AM »
I can win this thread,

I don't understand is this person a UT fan, a UT fan in 2006 now turned Cat fan, or just confused?

A UT fan growing up, then I learned the error of my ways and enrolled in the greatest university ever, and am now a Cat fan