Author Topic: Shame Yourself  (Read 322710 times)

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Shame Yourself
« Reply #3775 on: August 31, 2022, 12:29:39 PM »
yesterday, got a few groceries but left the refrigerator door open for hours. no big deal, just cleaned it out, only had to throw away some milk and yogurt.

go to the grocery store again today but got more stuff - milk/yogurt again, and worse a bunch of raw chicken. left the door open again! wtf, am i glitching? i never make this mistake.

do i toss out the chicken, left it out for 3 hours. i'm seeing 2, 4 hours on google :dunno:
Would you pay $15 to insure you don't get food poisoning? EV.ER.Y.TIME

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: August 31, 2022, 12:35:13 PM »
i have a huge pet peeve of wasting stuff - food, how things are overly packaged now, etc. the thought of throwing out more milk/yogurt containers and a shitload of chicken is worse than mild food poisoning. but i would rather not have major food poisoning.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: August 31, 2022, 12:45:06 PM »
My diet is pretty clean. I've always eaten pretty healthy. I have no need for sweets which helps. However, I rough ridin' love chips. Like, almost any kind. I can just eat and eat them. They are like the only thing I can't resist so we rarely buy them. We go to the lake every labor day and I'm pretty sure my family knows that the best part of the trip for me is that I let myself eat chips for 3 days. Boating, swimming, seeing the joy on lil SF's face when he reals in a big one....eff that, i've got chips to munch. Guess what mother efers? Its 2 days til SF crushes a crap ton of doritos.  :billdance:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: August 31, 2022, 01:28:24 PM »
I like that SF.  eat all the chips

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: August 31, 2022, 02:09:30 PM »
My diet is pretty clean. I've always eaten pretty healthy. I have no need for sweets which helps. However, I rough ridin' love chips. Like, almost any kind. I can just eat and eat them. They are like the only thing I can't resist so we rarely buy them. We go to the lake every labor day and I'm pretty sure my family knows that the best part of the trip for me is that I let myself eat chips for 3 days. Boating, swimming, seeing the joy on lil SF's face when he reals in a big one....eff that, i've got chips to munch. Guess what mother efers? Its 2 days til SF crushes a crap ton of doritos.  :billdance:
What is your favorite Dorito flavor? I think I read someplace that Dorito scientists specially formulated them to be the most addictive snack food on earth.

Mrs Vickie's jalapeno kettle chips are my favorite chip right now.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: August 31, 2022, 02:21:36 PM »
yesterday, got a few groceries but left the refrigerator door open for hours. no big deal, just cleaned it out, only had to throw away some milk and yogurt.

go to the grocery store again today but got more stuff - milk/yogurt again, and worse a bunch of raw chicken. left the door open again! wtf, am i glitching? i never make this mistake.

do i toss out the chicken, left it out for 3 hours. i'm seeing 2, 4 hours on google :dunno:

Are you leaving the door all the way open, or is there a bottle in a shelf that tips a little and holds to door slightly ajar? If it's all the way open, I'd toss everything. If it's mostly closed, I would go off of how cold it feels.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: August 31, 2022, 02:27:59 PM »

take it to the signs of getting old thread, good land old timer.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: August 31, 2022, 02:32:17 PM »
What is your favorite Dorito flavor? I think I read someplace that Dorito scientists specially formulated them to be the most addictive snack food on earth.

Regular cheese Doritos are my favorite. Cape Cod Jalapeño Kettle chips are prob my fav chip. Mrs Vickers are good too, but not as good as Cape Cod.

Guys, i'm getting excited.  :drool:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: August 31, 2022, 06:34:09 PM »

Regular cheese Doritos are my favorite. Cape Cod Jalapeño Kettle chips are prob my fav chip. Mrs Vickers are good too, but not as good as Cape Cod.

Guys, i'm getting excited.  :drool:
Love using Nacho Cheese Doritos as the base layer for my taco salad on taco day in the cafeteria at work.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: September 01, 2022, 02:00:00 AM »
my refrigerator loses it's rough ridin' mind in like 10 seconds of the door isn't 100% closed so while you may be losing your mind I come with a solution

Yes! Mine too. The first time I heard it I thought the house was burning down. Somehow this doesn't stop one of my children from leaving it open once a week.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: September 01, 2022, 11:46:40 AM »

didnt think about the thread but my first thought was dementia

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: September 01, 2022, 02:17:13 PM »

didnt think about the thread but my first thought was dementia
So...you momentarily forgot about that thread? (dun, dun, dunnnn)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: September 02, 2022, 09:26:12 AM »
Chips have been acquired. Costco size bag of doritos and Cape Cod regular kettle. Hen House was out of Cape Cod Jalapeño  :curse: so I went with the shitty Lays kettle jalapeño and grabbed a kettle BBQ because they were on sale.  :billdance:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: November 03, 2022, 09:16:42 PM »
Got a new stove delivered and my non handyman ass couldn't connect the power source correctly. After it was delivered I hastily connected the old power cord to the new stove, the clock turned on so I was happy. The next morning I tried to cook some bacon but nothing happened on the stove.

Hello,

This stove was delivered to me yesterday but it does not work. When I plug it in it shows the time but the burners and oven do not work.

Please advise on when a functional stove will be delivered.

Ben Ji

Dear Ben Ji,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear the range is not working. I understand how frustrating that can be and I apologize. I am happy to help.

We do have a couple options. The first option would be an exchange. However, we currently do not have any in stock, estimated arrival is November. Another option is to first reach out to G.E. and see if they are able to help troubleshoot. G.E. can be reached at 1-800-432-2737. Please let us know if we can further assist. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Disregard, I am an idiot and did not connect the electrical plugs correctly.

Dear Ben Ji,

Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear the problem has been resolved! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Turns out I didn't securely fasten one of the 3 prongs(?) of the the electrical cord and after I did that it worked fine.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: November 03, 2022, 09:25:43 PM »
Sounds like it was one of your hots, you need the 240V (hot-hot) to get the heat to work, but only a hot-neutral for the clock
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: November 03, 2022, 09:31:40 PM »
Sounds like it was one of your hots, you need the 240V (hot-hot) to get the heat to work, but only a hot-neutral for the clock

Yeah, whatever the far right "prong" was became disconnected when I put the stove back in its place. I assumed all was well since the clock was working but when I pulled it back out I saw that one "prong" was no longer connected since I didnt secure it properly.

Felt like a real loser/not handyman after realizing my mistake.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: November 03, 2022, 09:32:28 PM »

Yeah, whatever the far right "prong" was became disconnected when I put the stove back in its place. I assumed all was well since the clock was working but when I pulled it back out I saw that one "prong" was no longer connected since I didnt secure it properly.

Felt like a real loser/not handyman after realizing my mistake.

Meh, it happens
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: November 03, 2022, 09:46:08 PM »
You really Karen’d that first salvo to their CS :lol:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: November 03, 2022, 10:14:01 PM »
You really Karen’d that first salvo to their CS
I was definitely in a Karen mood when I sent that email but this is a judgement free zone

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: November 04, 2022, 08:51:08 AM »
since this is a judgment free zone i am going to commend benji on having the cajones to self-install an appliance, and when it didn't work properly he just decided to bypass any troubleshooting and go straight to asking when his replacement will be delivered. outstanding.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: December 27, 2022, 01:26:18 PM »
Mrs8 wants a new vehicle to haul grandkids so we got a new Honda Pilot in August 2021.

So after driving it a year plus thru 2 winters my son showed us last night that it actually has remote start.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: December 27, 2022, 01:41:16 PM »
:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: December 27, 2022, 01:45:48 PM »
Mrs8 wants a new vehicle to haul grandkids so we got a new Honda Pilot in August 2021.

So after driving it a year plus thru 2 winters my son showed us last night that it actually has remote start.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That is some all time shaming right there.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: December 27, 2022, 01:46:30 PM »
LMAO, thats great

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: December 27, 2022, 01:50:51 PM »