Author Topic: Shame Yourself  (Read 334043 times)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shame Yourself
« Reply #3750 on: March 04, 2022, 06:09:44 PM »
At my kid’s school bingo night where they have raffles. The raffle tickets aren’t numbered, you just write your name/phone number on it. They sold sheets of labels so you could print names/phone numbers & stick onto the tickets. I just bought 80 tickets, sat down to put the labels in & realized I entered my phone number wrong.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: March 04, 2022, 08:30:06 PM »
Loool
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: April 29, 2022, 09:25:08 PM »

see that red sign? It was there to tell me that my car would be towed at 7:00am this morning.

Smdh

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: April 29, 2022, 09:31:18 PM »
At least the tow yard is open 24 hours

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: April 29, 2022, 09:39:48 PM »
Incredible how it started / how it's going

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: May 20, 2022, 10:25:13 AM »
How many shames in this one?

If I finish lunch at my desk and don't have a napkin, which I almost never do, I will think about whether or not I'm wearing the same shirt I wore yesterday and, if so, use it to wipe my fingers and then continue to wear it that day.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: May 20, 2022, 11:13:44 AM »
That is horrific

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: May 20, 2022, 11:42:02 AM »
do you change shirts for zooms with your different jobs and sometimes forget a la mrs doubtfire?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: May 31, 2022, 01:36:14 PM »
You guys ever have your brain/body go on autopilot and you do stuff without really having any memory of it? Like driving somewhere and realizing you weren’t paying attention at all, and for all you know you could have nearly killed like 50 ppl.

Ok so where I’m going with this…we just started going back to working in the office like a month ago, so I had spent literally over 2 full years working from home before returning to the office. One habit that I kind of formed working from home sitting in the house all by myself…burping and farting, just let ‘er rip.

I am at the office today with probably 15 ppl within earshot (and nose shot) and welp

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: May 31, 2022, 01:41:36 PM »
You guys ever have your brain/body go on autopilot and you do stuff without really having any memory of it? Like driving somewhere and realizing you weren’t paying attention at all, and for all you know you could have nearly killed like 50 ppl.

Ok so where I’m going with this…we just started going back to working in the office like a month ago, so I had spent literally over 2 full years working from home before returning to the office. One habit that I kind of formed working from home sitting in the house all by myself…burping and farting, just let ‘er rip.

I am at the office today with probably 15 ppl within earshot (and nose shot) and welp

Kinda brings the term "smelly poor" to the fore.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: May 31, 2022, 01:46:34 PM »

I luckily didn't develop those habits. But I 100% got in a bad habit of muting and sweating and/or rolling my eyes on teams calls. Had to relearn that people can see me in the office.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: May 31, 2022, 01:52:37 PM »

Kinda brings the term "smelly poor" to the fore.

And how!

But for the sake of my fragile mental health I’m going to tell myself it was a power move. Asserted my dominance, etc etc

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: May 31, 2022, 01:54:51 PM »

I've put laundry detergent in the refrigerator

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: May 31, 2022, 04:25:28 PM »

I absolutely do this sometimes on the morning commute. I don’t think I would kill a bunch of people as I have it on cruise and am just driving the speed limit in the right lane staring straight ahead. But it isn’t great.

I have driven the same commute every day for 14 years and I have a different commute next year and I am pretty sure I will miss the turn a few times.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: May 31, 2022, 04:45:50 PM »
Happens constantly on my drive home
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: July 08, 2022, 11:24:59 PM »
We went on a small vacation this week. About an hour after we left we stopped for lunch, where I immediately spilled my water all over the table. I have a bad habit of doing this, including once on vacation where I knocked an entire cup of Coke into Mrs. Titola’s lap. We came home tonight. After we got in the car after dinner on the drive home, my 7 year old got a giant smile on her face and proudly said “Dad was the only one to spill this vacation!” She’d been saving that all week.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 11:28:49 PM by TheHamburglar »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: July 09, 2022, 05:19:33 PM »

I absolutely do this sometimes on the morning commute. I don’t think I would kill a bunch of people as I have it on cruise and am just driving the speed limit in the right lane staring straight ahead. But it isn’t great.

I have driven the same commute every day for 14 years and I have a different commute next year and I am pretty sure I will miss the turn a few times.

Happens constantly on my drive home

Almost any time I drive in the afternoon. I actually ordered smelling salts yesterday to keep in my car, to see if that will help.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: July 09, 2022, 06:14:00 PM »
I live north of Tulsa. For 7 years I worked west of Tulsa. Downtown Tulsa has a circle of highways/interstates around it that’s like a large round-a-bout. All the highways enter the loop then you exit back off the loop. My commute included driving into the downtown loop from in it’s NE corner & exiting in it’s NW corner. I quit that job in early 2019.  About 75% of the time we’re going to south Tulsa I still exit like I’m going west & I have to drive a couple miles to turn around.

Also on the vacation last week we drove to the Texas/Oklahoma border. US-75 & US-69 form an X in south Oklahoma. Straight south out of Tulsa is 75S then I need to switch to 69S. Vice versa going north back home. Since they’re both just US highways, there’s no interstate type signage & the OkDOT signage division is the most inept government agency in the country.  Both going to & coming home from vacation I missed the turn-off at the intersection & cost us about 20-30 minutes extra both ways.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: July 10, 2022, 10:06:25 AM »
One time I took the wrong ramp on to I-70 at the start of a family vacation and we lost an hour to start the road trip.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: July 10, 2022, 12:05:38 PM »
unless you shamed yourself to katkid family, no one would have known

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: August 12, 2022, 11:33:45 PM »
At the register at QT my purchase was $2.92. I left my wallet in my car, so I paid with a $10. The cashier got the bills first, then the coins. The words “I don’t need the change, just give me the folding money” just came out of my mouth. I have no idea why I said that. I think that’s the only time in my life I’ve said “folding money”.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: August 12, 2022, 11:38:16 PM »
Maybe a slight humblebrag, but definitely felt the shame earlier this week when I got too aggressive in paying bills and transferring money to my ally managed account and I overdrafted my checking for the first time ever.

Just not happy paying that fee
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: August 12, 2022, 11:44:50 PM »
Good times at the hamburglar household.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: August 31, 2022, 12:13:04 PM »
yesterday, got a few groceries but left the refrigerator door open for hours. no big deal, just cleaned it out, only had to throw away some milk and yogurt.

go to the grocery store again today but got more stuff - milk/yogurt again, and worse a bunch of raw chicken. left the door open again! wtf, am i glitching? i never make this mistake.

do i toss out the chicken, left it out for 3 hours. i'm seeing 2, 4 hours on google :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: August 31, 2022, 12:24:29 PM »
my refrigerator loses it's rough ridin' mind in like 10 seconds of the door isn't 100% closed so while you may be losing your mind I come with a solution