Author Topic: student section  (Read 19249 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: student section
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 08:01:28 AM »
expand the tarp

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 08:08:46 AM »
expand the tarp
exactly. Tarp 2.0

I HATE our students right now. No students in the history of our school have ever had it so good.

HATE.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:17:23 AM by ksucrcoop »

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »
It is a test week for a lot of people, but still, it is rough ridin' pathetic that people can turn out for a team that is in the race for a Big 12 title.

The worst thing is our next two home games are against Tech and TCU. Wouldn't surprise me if the turnout was about the same (or worse).

Offline justTHEtip

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2013, 08:13:55 AM »
the problem is that oscar is a has-been and people don't get behind second chance stories like they do for charismatic underdogs unless the person had a spectacular meltdown during their first chance (Josh Hamilton, Tiger Woods, Ray Lewis).  so unless I hear about some slutiness, homicide, or heroin addiction, the oscar Weber Show isn't compelling enough for me to be at every game.

You can say this crap in year 4 of oscar when the downhill slide begins.  I'd even agree if it was a non conference game. But it's embarrassing sitting in first this late in the season with that many empty seats.
Go to games now, so in 20 years when you're watching the game and the whole place is empty you won't say "this is bullshit, I went to EVERY game." That will be the moment you've gone full tuck.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:18:39 AM by justTHEtip »
God Awful. Take A Lap.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2013, 08:28:09 AM »
f the students, that is so pathetic...so glad they are going to be selling some student seats next year as GA to the public, I noticed those sections were filled...

however, it doesn't seem that student apathey is limited to K-State...too many other things to take their attention these days; you know like bbs'n and other E-lect-tronics.... :cyclist:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2013, 08:35:52 AM »
Really, making the student section look like Bennettville was probably the best way to greet Huggins. I imagine that hurt him more than any amount of booing could have.

The AD should have known this would happen and had a gigantic "Bennetville" banner ready to stretch across those empty sections.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2013, 09:04:08 AM »
I think Bob probably looked at the crowd and thought "thank God I got out of this hell hole". 

Offline JesusShuttlesworth

• Fan
    • View Profile
student section
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2013, 09:08:26 AM »
expand the tarp
exactly. Tarp 2.0

I HATE our students right now. No students in the history of our school have ever had it so good.

HATE.

^^^This^^^

HATE! 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »
I said it on Twitter, but forcing people who only want football icat to buy basketball kills it because there are a ton of non sports fans who buy those tickets so they can go to the event that is a home football game, but couldn't care less about basketball games against not KU.
:adios:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2013, 09:15:56 AM »
Is this the first year for the cards instead of tickets? It works seem that would make it tougher to give tickets to other people.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2013, 09:25:35 AM »
expand the tarp
exactly. Tarp 2.0

HATE.

THIS, do you know what i would have given for the cats to have been grabbing a DP and in the basketball title race?   As someone in school durring ALL 3 prince years and Woolys last 3 years, i may be  :cyclist: to say it but  :shakesfist:

Is this the first year for the cards instead of tickets? It works seem that would make it tougher to give tickets to other people.

I actually think this is the true root issue.  We saw the same thing all year with football and the very northern student section (half filled most all games)   and now you see it with basketball.    ADJC is a genus, making sure that recent alumns aren't buying second hand student tickets by making sure no one is.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2013, 09:33:17 AM »

This is the second year.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »
It's not our fault there is so much to do in Manhattan.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: student section
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »

This is the second year.

Yeah, really sucks not being able to give (or receive) unwanted tickets away over Facebook to random people
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »
You know what's really pathetic? Grown ups worrying about the social habits of 19 year olds.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2013, 10:10:18 AM »
Sucks that those are student seats, but K-State is probably always going to struggle with attendance for most midweek games. It's great and all that we're got :AA:, but it's still a 2 hour drive from KC. That's why we have such a bigass student section to begin with.

Why not require that all student ticketholders be through the turnstiles at least 5 minutes to tip, then close the student entry and sell cheap GAs to the townies, like flying standby?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:11 AM »
You know what's really pathetic? Grown ups worrying about the social habits of 19 year olds.

We just want a full arena

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »
it would be cool to be one of those schools that are really really good but still has a completely apathetic and disinterested fanbase.  that's my vote.

USC?

Offline Microwave

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »
expand the tarp
exactly. Tarp 2.0

HATE.

technically the players are students.   :peek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »
After reading this thread, I feel less bad for mushing a dumbass student last night. A part of me was like "Fanning, you're 28, in the student section, are you really doing this?" However, after I thought about it, it was warranted and I'm happy.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »
Sucks that those are student seats, but K-State is probably always going to struggle with attendance for most midweek games. It's great and all that we're got :AA:, but it's still a 2 hour drive from KC. That's why we have such a bigass student section to begin with.

Why not require that all student ticketholders be through the turnstiles at least 5 minutes to tip, then close the student entry and sell cheap GAs to the townies, like flying standby?
they already pretty much do this. 

Also a random GA ticket costs WAY too rough ridin' much. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2013, 10:29:46 AM »
After reading this thread, I feel less bad for mushing a dumbass student last night. A part of me was like "Fanning, you're 28, in the student section, are you really doing this?" However, after I thought about it, it was warranted and I'm happy.

What would this thread have to do with mushing a student that was actually at the game? TIA.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »
expand the tarp
exactly. Tarp 2.0

I HATE our non-student athlete students right now. No non-student athlete students in the history of our school have ever had it so good.

HATE.

technically the players are students.   :peek:

touche. FMP

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »

What would this thread have to do with mushing a student that was actually at the game? TIA.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2013, 10:38:29 AM »
My bro-law (KSU student) just laughs when I ask him if he has gone to any bball games.  His older sister (also KSU student) goes to every game.  She is also struggling with academics while he is excels so I guess it comes down to priorities.  :dunno: