Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 572540 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #2250 on: June 10, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »
guys,

this is a ku fan trying to talk college baseball. you can't take ANYTHING he says seriously. it's like some guy who saw a brain surgery performed on tv once trying to talk and argue intricacies on brain surgeries with an actual brain surgeon.

This is awesome coming from a fan of a baseball program who is just now competing in its first ever Super Regional.  KU baseball has a much more successfull program than K-State.  We went to a Super Regional just a few short years ago (lost to UNC) and went to the College World Series back in the early '90's.  Yeah, I'm an Oregon State bandwagon fan, but I've been to Oregon State baseball, basketball, and football games, so I think I'm qualified to speak on their respective programs.  Wetzler is a stud and has been Oregon State's hottest pitcher in the tournament.

lol @ a single trip to Omaha being a much[/I] better program.  Go back to the women's track board

KU was one game away from winning the Big 12 tourney this year.  Go back to the soil judging board, hayseed.

Congrats on being one win away from winning something in the sport that has the most random results :lol:  We were consistently the best all year long

The best in a shitty conference for baseball.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: June 10, 2013, 12:30:39 PM »

The best in a shitty conference for baseball.
It's the only conference we got.  And lol @ KU finishing bottom half in a shitty baseball conference

I root for other schools in all but two sports because KU's Athletic Department is complete crap

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: June 10, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
let's asterisk these titles, guys.  big 12 was down in football, baseball, and basketball.  likely up in women's track and field, tho (outdoors).

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: June 10, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
last 2 or so pages: too much jtksu, not enough daris

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: June 10, 2013, 12:50:43 PM »
Matthys will not and should not start. You are an idiot if you think so. Esquivel starts, hopefully we get three - four solid innings out of him and we piece together our way to Matthys in the 8th.

How does that make me an idiot? He is our best pitcher and a trip to Omaha is on the line. Even if he doesn't pitch a lot of innings, a good start where we're not down by 5 runs would be nice.

I don't think you ask a Freshman closer to suddenly become a starter with a trip to the CWS on the line.  I think it fucks with your whole pitching staff if they get to the CWS and you will need other pitchers in the game regardless.  Let those pitchers pitch in their normal spots and bring Matthys in a bit earlier if you need.  Its ridiculous to change everything you've been doing all year and panic.  It would send a terrible message to the players who have been pretty clutch all year.  Let them do their normal thing and hopefully they will be clutch again.

Well our only options tonight are guys who haven't even started a game this year -  Esquivel, Williams, or Matthys. I think Matthys or Williams gives us the best chance to win.

Esquivel has started for us in past seasons, just not regularly. He is the most experienced of the three options. Williams was our most used reliever last season and Matthys is our established closer. When you consider Esquivel's work against Arkansas last weekend it becomes a pretty easy choice, idiot.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: June 10, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
last 2 or so pages: too much jtksu, not enough daris

:horrorsurprise:  :clac:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: June 10, 2013, 01:03:05 PM »
I hate to break it to you guys, but Wetzler is Oregon State's best pitcher.  The truth is that K-State blew their wad on Friday night, and pitched the only good starter on the roster.  Sorry, boys.  You're mumped.

No he's not, we may be eff'd but Wetzler isn't the best pitcher on OSU's starting rotation.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: June 10, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »
I hate to break it to you guys, but Wetzler is Oregon State's best pitcher.  The truth is that K-State blew their wad on Friday night, and pitched the only good starter on the roster.  Sorry, boys.  You're mumped.

No he's not, we may be eff'd but Wetzler isn't the best pitcher on OSU's starting rotation.

Wetzler 8-1 1.98 era
Moore 14-1 1.36 era

Beems, he always knows what he's talking about!
@lopakman

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: June 10, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »
Matthys will not and should not start. You are an idiot if you think so. Esquivel starts, hopefully we get three - four solid innings out of him and we piece together our way to Matthys in the 8th.

How does that make me an idiot? He is our best pitcher and a trip to Omaha is on the line. Even if he doesn't pitch a lot of innings, a good start where we're not down by 5 runs would be nice.

I don't think you ask a Freshman closer to suddenly become a starter with a trip to the CWS on the line.  I think it fucks with your whole pitching staff if they get to the CWS and you will need other pitchers in the game regardless.  Let those pitchers pitch in their normal spots and bring Matthys in a bit earlier if you need.  Its ridiculous to change everything you've been doing all year and panic.  It would send a terrible message to the players who have been pretty clutch all year.  Let them do their normal thing and hopefully they will be clutch again.

Well our only options tonight are guys who haven't even started a game this year -  Esquivel, Williams, or Matthys. I think Matthys or Williams gives us the best chance to win.

Esquivel has started for us in past seasons, just not regularly. He is the most experienced of the three options. Williams was our most used reliever last season and Matthys is our established closer. When you consider Esquivel's work against Arkansas last weekend it becomes a pretty easy choice, idiot.

Esquivel has one career start. He did do well last weekend but Arkansas' offense is garbage.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: June 10, 2013, 01:18:47 PM »

Esquivel has one career start. He did do well last weekend but Arkansas' offense is garbage.

Their offense maybe garbage but the main point is he didn't crap the bed, which is basically what we're aiming for.  I would go with Esquivel and if not Williams, but I like Matthys late.  If you need him for 3+ innings, so be it.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: June 10, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »
guys,

this is a ku fan trying to talk college baseball. you can't take ANYTHING he says seriously. it's like some guy who saw a brain surgery performed on tv once trying to talk and argue intricacies on brain surgeries with an actual brain surgeon.

This is awesome coming from a fan of a baseball program who is just now competing in its first ever Super Regional.  KU baseball has a much more successfull program than K-State.  We went to a Super Regional just a few short years ago (lost to UNC) and went to the College World Series back in the early '90's.  Yeah, I'm an Oregon State bandwagon fan, but I've been to Oregon State baseball, basketball, and football games, so I think I'm qualified to speak on their respective programs.  Wetzler is a stud and has been Oregon State's hottest pitcher in the tournament.

You quoted a Pitchers W/L record and ERA as reasons why he is a good pitcher. This fact alone disqualifies you from making any 'qualified' statements RE: baseball

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: June 10, 2013, 01:30:10 PM »

We'll see what happens. Sorry for calling you an idiot, PP.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: June 10, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »

Clearly, they saved their best pitcher for the 3rd game.

Well, they did.  Wetzler is 1st team all Pac 12, 1st team regional team, 8-1 with a 1.98 ERA, and was just selected in the 5th round by the Phillies.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: June 10, 2013, 01:36:33 PM »

Well, they did.  Wetzler is 1st team all Pac 12, 1st team regional team, 8-1 with a 1.98 ERA, and was just selected in the 5th round by the Phillies.

:lol: Cost him 30 days in the Klink...poor guy

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: June 10, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »

They didn't just save him he's been the 3rd starter all year long, i think the coach looks at the pitchers pretty evenly but if it's do or die in a best of 3 series, you don't save your best pitcher for a game he may not see.  And how can you be a teams hottest pitcher when you've had 1 appearance in the post season?  Can we get at least a casually informed Oregon State fans perspective?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: June 10, 2013, 02:55:11 PM »

:lol: Cost him 30 days in the Klink...poor guy

We need to start a new thread just about this. 

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: June 10, 2013, 03:09:45 PM »
I wonder if that lawyer guy knows he has that bald spot back there behind that gelled up rooster comb.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: June 10, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »
IT'S MATTHYS   :cheers:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: June 10, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »

Dudes a stud but he just threw three innings two days ago... Im assuming he'll be penciled in for another three or so?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: June 10, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »

Dudes a stud but he just threw three innings two days ago... Im assuming he'll be penciled in for another three or so?

Probably. It's going to be very important that we score a few runs and have a lead or at least keep it close in the early innings so that OSU can't just leave their starter in the game for 8-9 innings.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: June 10, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »
im happy with that move, our best option with esquivel coming in to relive

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: June 10, 2013, 03:30:07 PM »

Probably. It's going to be very important that we score a few runs and have a lead or at least keep it close in the early innings so that OSU can't just leave their starter in the game for 8-9 innings.

I do like the idea of Matthys shutting them down early and allowing us to build a lead. (Also like the idea of us having the lead and him coming in and shutting OSU down for the last three innings but whatever.)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: June 10, 2013, 03:33:29 PM »
The same pitcher can pitch two different times in the same ballgame as long as there are 6 defensive outs between the two appearances. What if he pitches the first two and the last three?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: June 10, 2013, 03:33:38 PM »

I'd rather do Williams > Esquivel > Flattery > Matthys, these guys can all pitch 2 solid innings maybe throw in Wivinis somewhere
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:47:56 PM by wiley »

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: June 10, 2013, 03:35:39 PM »
Just throw our best 3 pitchers until their arms fall off