Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 573128 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #2225 on: June 10, 2013, 11:34:21 AM »
seems like there are a lot of neg nancys in this thread right now. were gonna win, idiots.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: June 10, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »
still dont have cable/internet to watch this game tonight :curse:
This thread is full of Neg nancy's

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: June 10, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »
Matthys will not and should not start. You are an idiot if you think so. Esquivel starts, hopefully we get three - four solid innings out of him and we piece together our way to Matthys in the 8th.

How does that make me an idiot? He is our best pitcher and a trip to Omaha is on the line. Even if he doesn't pitch a lot of innings, a good start where we're not down by 5 runs would be nice.

I don't think you ask a Freshman closer to suddenly become a starter with a trip to the CWS on the line.  I think it fucks with your whole pitching staff if they get to the CWS and you will need other pitchers in the game regardless.  Let those pitchers pitch in their normal spots and bring Matthys in a bit earlier if you need.  Its ridiculous to change everything you've been doing all year and panic.  It would send a terrible message to the players who have been pretty clutch all year.  Let them do their normal thing and hopefully they will be clutch again.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: June 10, 2013, 11:39:04 AM »
I hate to break it to you guys, but Wetzler is Oregon State's best pitcher.  The truth is that K-State blew their wad on Friday night, and pitched the only good starter on the roster.  Sorry, boys.  You're mumped.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:42:50 AM by OregonSmock »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: June 10, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »
I hate to break it to you guys, but Wexler is Oregon State's best pitcher.  The truth is that K-State blew their wad on Friday night, and pitched the only good starter on the roster.  Sorry, boys.  You're mumped.

omg, the ku fan trying to talk about a sport other than basketball or woman's track. it's just too much.  :lol:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: June 10, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »
I hate to break it to you guys, but Wexler is Oregon State's best pitcher.  The truth is that K-State blew their wad on Friday night, and pitched the only good starter on the roster.  Sorry, boys.  You're mumped.

Clearly, they saved their best pitcher for the 3rd game.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: June 10, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
The thing we have going for us is that this is baseball, where upsets in a single game are much more likely than in other sports. Sure, OSU is the better team and will have the better pitcher tonight. We are good, too, though, and I think we have about a 30% chance of getting the win tonight.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: June 10, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
I hate to break it to you guys, but Wetzler is Oregon State's best pitcher.  The truth is that K-State blew their wad on Friday night, and pitched the only good starter on the roster.  Sorry, boys.  You're mumped.

Well, they did.  Wetzler is 1st team all Pac 12, 1st team regional team, 8-1 with a 1.98 ERA, and was just selected in the 5th round by the Phillies.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: June 10, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »

Yeah their coach is a real Scheme Doctor.  Forget games 1 and 2, we're saving our ace for game 3 even though there's a chance we might not be around for it.    :lol:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: June 10, 2013, 11:58:29 AM »

Well, they did.  Wetzler is 1st team all Pac 12, 1st team regional team, 8-1 with a 1.98 ERA, and was just selected in the 5th round by the Phillies.

Their pitcher last night was their ace.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: June 10, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »

Their pitcher last night was their ace.

They have three aces.  Moore is a stud, but Wetzler has been playing lights out lately.  He pitched a 1-run complete game vs. Texas A&M in the regionals.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: June 10, 2013, 12:03:17 PM »
The thing we have going for us is that this is baseball, where upsets in a single game are much more likely than in other sports. Sure, OSU is the better team and will have the better pitcher tonight. We are good, too, though, and I think we have about a 30% chance of getting the win tonight.

yep

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: June 10, 2013, 12:04:48 PM »
guys,

this is a ku fan trying to talk college baseball. you can't take ANYTHING he says seriously. it's like some guy who saw a brain surgery performed on tv once trying to talk and argue intricacies on brain surgeries with an actual brain surgeon.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: June 10, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »
Matthys will not and should not start. You are an idiot if you think so. Esquivel starts, hopefully we get three - four solid innings out of him and we piece together our way to Matthys in the 8th.

How does that make me an idiot? He is our best pitcher and a trip to Omaha is on the line. Even if he doesn't pitch a lot of innings, a good start where we're not down by 5 runs would be nice.

I don't think you ask a Freshman closer to suddenly become a starter with a trip to the CWS on the line.  I think it fucks with your whole pitching staff if they get to the CWS and you will need other pitchers in the game regardless.  Let those pitchers pitch in their normal spots and bring Matthys in a bit earlier if you need.  Its ridiculous to change everything you've been doing all year and panic.  It would send a terrible message to the players who have been pretty clutch all year.  Let them do their normal thing and hopefully they will be clutch again.

Well our only options tonight are guys who haven't even strarted a game this year -  Esquivel, Williams, or Matthys. I think Matthys or Williams gives us the best chance to win.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: June 10, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »
guys,

this is a ku fan trying to talk college baseball. you can't take ANYTHING he says seriously. it's like some guy who saw a brain surgery performed on tv once trying to talk and argue intricacies on brain surgeries with an actual brain surgeon.

This is awesome coming from a fan of a baseball program who is just now competing in its first ever Super Regional.  KU baseball has a much more successfull program than K-State.  We went to a Super Regional just a few short years ago (lost to UNC) and went to the College World Series back in the early '90's.  Yeah, I'm an Oregon State bandwagon fan, but I've been to Oregon State baseball, basketball, and football games, so I think I'm qualified to speak on their respective programs.  Wetzler is a stud and has been Oregon State's hottest pitcher in the tournament.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: June 10, 2013, 12:10:20 PM »
You're right, they looked super good yesterday.

One of them didn't pitch yesterday but he looked fantastic on Saturday and all year...

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: June 10, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »
guys,

This is awesome coming from a fan of a baseball program who is just now competing in its first ever Super Regional.  KU baseball has a much more successfull program than K-State.  We went to a Super Regional just a few short years ago (lost to UNC) and went to the College World Series back in the early '90's.  Yeah, I'm an Oregon State bandwagon fan, but I've been to Oregon State baseball, basketball, and football games, so I think I'm qualified to speak on their respective programs.  Wetzler is a stud and has been Oregon State's hottest pitcher in the tournament.

lol @ a single trip to Omaha being a much[/I] better program.  Go back to the women's track board

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: June 10, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »
guys,

lol @ a single trip to Omaha being a much[/I] better program.  Go back to the women's track board

KU was one game away from winning the Big 12 tourney this year.  Go back to the soil judging board, hayseed.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: June 10, 2013, 12:19:05 PM »
guys,

Poor Beems is reduced to talking about Oregon State baseball and KU girls track.  I would probably off myself if I had to live that kind of life.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: June 10, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »
guys,

Poor Beems is reduced to talking about Oregon State baseball and KU girls track.  I would probably off myself if I had to live that kind of life.

wut

Oregon State baseball and KU's national championship track team are awesome.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:31 PM »
guys,

KU was one game away from winning the Big 12 tourney this year.  Go back to the soil judging board, hayseed.

Congrats on being one win away from winning something in the sport that has the most random results :lol:  We were consistently the best all year long

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »
guys,

wut

Oregon State baseball and KU's national championship track team are awesome.

You're a tshirt fan of one and I would bet you've never attended a single girls track meet at KU.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:19 PM »
Oh man, Beems bragging about going to the CWS in the early 90's just sent me over the edge. I've really missed this place.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:33 PM »
Oregon State baseball and KU's women'snational championship track team are awesome.

fyp
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: June 10, 2013, 12:26:26 PM »
guys,

well no i don't know what a glioma is but i'm telling you that i'm pretty sure you need to shunt it to relieve all the pressure.