Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 569663 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Booze Cats
« Reply #6475 on: May 30, 2023, 01:55:28 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: May 30, 2023, 02:48:09 PM »
Every year someone(s) get screwed.  Last year NC State probably got screwed.

K-State had plenty of opportunity to make it a no brainier and in turn they put themselves even more firmly on the bubble.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: May 30, 2023, 03:00:28 PM »
Big oscar Weber "ask Fran" energy there.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: May 30, 2023, 03:07:55 PM »
do not like

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: May 30, 2023, 03:22:23 PM »
followed up by some rushed grammatical errors by the athletic director

https://twitter.com/KSTATEADGT/status/1663639645354115072?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6480 on: May 30, 2023, 03:39:22 PM »
big loser energy. We went 1-4 against TCU going down the stretch, none of them road games. This team had the ability to play themselves into the tournament, after the terrible non con schedule and didn't get it done.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: May 30, 2023, 04:21:32 PM »
yup. Win more games for craps sake.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: May 30, 2023, 06:40:31 PM »
Maybe suck less sucky coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: May 30, 2023, 07:01:01 PM »
I hate that crap, just win a little bit more
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: May 30, 2023, 07:15:56 PM »
Way to stick up for the team Pete!

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: May 30, 2023, 07:24:21 PM »
Dude said the same thing when we got left out a couple of years ago when he couldn't get what should have been a legitimately good team into the tourney. He knew if he scheduled tough in the noncon this year that we wouldn't have had even a chance to be considered. Smart play, I guess.

But, it doesn't change the fundamental fact that he is a loser, he's always been a loser and he'll always be a loser.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: May 31, 2023, 09:41:11 AM »
Pete's gonna get that auto pay raise pushing him to $550K a year. 

With the pending opening of the Olympic Training Center with the 14k square foot strength and conditioning center plus the large new sports medicine facility for non revenue sports.  That will mean that athletic department has surrounded Pete with $31 million dollars in new facilities since he's been at K-State.  Nice new offices, club house, meeting rooms . . . the training table just across the parking lot from TFS, they're on their 3rd new playing surface in TFS since Pete has been at K-State, this one specific for baseball. 

Maybe Pete can parlay this investment into a a regional appearance next year.  Stay tuned.  :thumbsup:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: May 31, 2023, 10:12:09 AM »
I don’t know crap about college baseball, how often should a program like KSU get into the tournament?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: May 31, 2023, 10:15:59 AM »
I don’t know crap about college baseball, how often should a program like KSU get into the tournament?

Every year
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: May 31, 2023, 10:28:30 AM »
Well considering we haven’t been to one in a decade, that doesn’t seem realistic.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: May 31, 2023, 10:54:07 AM »
Well considering we haven’t been to one in a decade, that doesn’t seem realistic.

That's the kind of loser mentality that we need to get rid of.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: May 31, 2023, 11:14:24 AM »
So what needs to change?  Brad Hill missed the tournament his last 5 years and Pete has never made one in his 5 years.   Dax recent post made it seem like we have more than adequate facilities.  Convince a BMD to spring for some NIL for better players? My assumption is cold weather states are at a huge disadvantage in baseball and the historical top 25 data I’ve researched shows that the best teams are all in warm weather climates.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: May 31, 2023, 11:56:28 AM »
I would put K-State as a moderately cold weather challenged baseball school.   But outside of extreme cold-rain-snow, K-State is set up to practice outdoors at any other times. 

Given the salary that Pete is paid, which is currently $200K plus a year more than what Maryland pays K-State alum Rob Vaughn (making his 3rd straight NCAA appearance from balmy College Park, MD).

Under the current field size I think 1 out of every 3 years making the tourney would be a good goal.  They're talking about expanding the field, if that happens then I'd say every other year would be an obtainable goal given the investment and amount of money K-State is paying its baseball head coaching position.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: May 31, 2023, 12:14:44 PM »
1 out of every 3 seems reasonable.  Every year is looney tunes imo.   Iowa State killed their program and the three other remaining “north” Big 12 teams have made a combined 4 NCAA tournament appearances in 30 attempts over the last decade.  I don’t mind crap canning Hughes but it seems like the next guy is going to have the same uphill climb the other two did unless we decide to tilt the odds by overcompensating in NIL for dramatically better players.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: May 31, 2023, 12:18:28 PM »
i think the solution to the cold weather conundrum is next time we replace the field turf we put in radiant heat right below the turf. Hell, maybe we could even work with the turf manufacturers so that the heating tubes are actually integrated into the material, for a more turnkey solution. The radiant heat coming off the field will keep the players warm when they are out on the field. Also, good chance once it starts getting hot we could run cold water through the tubes for some radiant cooling. And since its synthetic and not real grass, you won't have to worry about getting a mud pit like what happened at Gillette Stadium a few years ago when they tried it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6495 on: May 31, 2023, 12:25:47 PM »
If the South and West Coast are so dominant that we're destined to miss the tournament more often than not, we shouldn't have invested in top 25-ish facilities.  Put that money where it can have an impact.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: May 31, 2023, 12:27:12 PM »
maybe we just need to play in a dome, i'd be fine w/ that.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: May 31, 2023, 12:35:26 PM »
If the South and West Coast are so dominant that we're destined to miss the tournament more often than not, we shouldn't have invested in top 25-ish facilities.  Put that money where it can have an impact.

I’d be fine shuttering the program.  Not sure what to replace it with, maybe wrasslin?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: May 31, 2023, 02:11:05 PM »
UConn, rough ridin' UConn, has made 5 straight tournaments, and no, they weren't the only big east team to make it

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: May 31, 2023, 02:55:54 PM »
The CWS games are now averaging a million viewers or more per game, and the WCWS is playing in that same area now.

Arguably the baseball and softball post season are the 4th and 5th most popular post season, the Women's V-ball tourney and national semi-finals/finals is also landing solid numbers.   

In a perfect world K-State is putting teams in the post season from Fall to Spring.  Even regional games/matches in the sports I mentioned are drawing 300K plus viewers per game or match. 

K-State needs to concentrate on the Big 4, arguably you can interchange WBB/VB, but I'd prefer more emphasis on VB because I just see a better path to national success there. 

I personally would have preferred seeing K-State add softball over soccer, but soccer is very popular and a bunch of BMD's were prepared to write big checks and give soccer at K-State the singular fastest facilities ascendance in K-State athletic history, and it's not even close.  So  :dunno: