Author Topic: $2M of Athletic Department Revenue being wasted on an indoor rowing training hut  (Read 37254 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Such a pud move by our athletic department.  I can't see any other BCS program that gives a damn about having an elite football team building a rough ridin' rowing facility right next to the football stadium in a tailgating parking lot.

I would be willing to wager that Kansas State is the only BCS program in America who cares about football and actually has open grass fields right next to the football parking lots.

Depend what you mean by open grass fields.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Such a pud move by our athletic department.  I can't see any other BCS program that gives a damn about having an elite football team building a rough ridin' rowing facility right next to the football stadium in a tailgating parking lot.

I would be willing to wager that Kansas State is the only BCS program in America who cares about football and actually has open grass fields right next to the football parking lots.

Depend what you mean by open grass fields.

I mean open, undeveloped land like the grass field between BSFS and the rec center. At least the ag lot gets used for research.

Offline DeoKat

• Fan
    • View Profile
When you succeed at Illinois you go to Kansas and when you fail at Illinois, you go to Kansas State

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That looks nice. It's nice when our non-revenue sports get nice things.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's also different when you have an on campus stadium where people can park on the grass to tailgate (Oklahoma State, Auburn), not in a city where cops love to see people parked in a yard because it allows them to collect more revenue.

Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to park on gamedays without getting a ticket.  I mean, it's damn near impossible to find a legal parking spot within a half mile of the stadium.  And, it's going to get a LOT worse when this 9,000sq.ft. building goes in on the northern part of that one field.   
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:57:01 AM by Belvis Noland »

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In related news, I hope it doesn't look like that building in the rendering.  Make it look like the BBTF. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In related news, I hope it doesn't look like that building in the rendering.  Make it look like the BBTF.

You get what you pay for.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Rower chicks are hot.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's also different when you have an on campus stadium where people can park on the grass to tailgate (Oklahoma State, Auburn), not in a city where cops love to see people parked in a yard because it allows them to collect more revenue.

Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to park on gamedays without getting a ticket.  I mean, it's damn near impossible to find a legal parking spot within a half mile of the stadium.  And, it's going to get a LOT worse when this 9,000sq.ft. building goes in on the northern part of that one field.   

You said you wanted to build a lot more out there to bring campus around the stadium.  My response was in response to that.  If they did what you said you want them to do, surround the stadium with campus over time, it would greatly change the gameday experience for the fans.  The biggest impact will be on the students, but then it would get rid of the AD's "problem" area. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
fools. don't you see where this is going?!?!

boats are elite. can't wait to sail into my tailgate.

venice of the plains muth@#er

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Rower chicks are hot.

Never had a girl eff me with so much effort.  Was almost like she hated me.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You need big pumps for lazy rivers and for rowing training tanks . . .  :surprised:

Just a matter of time croop.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Oh man, it will be like that viking ride thing at Worlds of Fun.

Also, they should make the building look like a large pirate ship.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The sailboat is a very nice, subtle touch.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
lol @ ku building a nice-ass rowing facility years before they even considered removing the track
emaw

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Nice to see us actually attempting to build out some sort of unified athletics district.  Give them credit for that.

It's not like we're putting this thing on some developer handout over at Wildcat Creek or something.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :curse:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

pretty close, but according to the renderings i've seen, the river actually goes around the field.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

that looks rediculous.  tiny pressbox definitely looks 'shopped.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

super ridiculous. I mean, how would the players get to the field?

plus the players look scared of the water, look how they wont even get close to it.

garbage.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile

super ridiculous. I mean, how would the players get to the field?

plus the players look scared of the water, look how they wont even get close to it.

garbage.

ksucrcoop really doing some self-dumbass outing with that post.  Great renderings dlew!
:adios:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LOL @ you dummies

One day you'll realize that KSUPKS strongly desires a more attractive corridor for when he's riding with Elite's from the MHK to NBAF (aka destroyer of the world).

KSUPKS wanted the WSC more than anyone in the athletic department did.   KSUPKS doesn't care about you pasty white, cornhole/redneck golf playin hee-haw Country Stampede going crap kickers and your 7 day a year little barbecue cow pasture.   He cares about what the place looks like when you're off repainting your cornhole boards, restringing golf balls and burning another country's greatest hits CD's.

IN.