Author Topic: $2M of Athletic Department Revenue being wasted on an indoor rowing training hut  (Read 37247 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

I misread the map and that is prime tailgate real estate
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:55:17 PM by puniraptor »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
sonofdaxjones ?@sonofdaxjones
@kstate_pres @philleblanc don't listen Pres. It's a great spot, area needs development badly.

Kiss ass  :nono:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Maybe they can make it with a rooftop party deck

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
@kstate_pres @philleblanc don't listen Pres. It's a great spot, area needs development badly.

pres retweeted this. :lol:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Did Whitney take up rowing?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

pres retweeted this. :lol:

Welp.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
On campus stadiums are cool.  Stadiums surrounded by seas of concrete, goat feed lots and farms are not cool.  Develop the area surrounding the stadium as rapidly as possible.  Bring campus to the stadium. 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
On campus stadiums are cool.  Stadiums surrounded by seas of concrete, goat feed lots and farms are not cool.  Develop the area surrounding the stadium as rapidly as possible.  Bring campus to the stadium.

lol at building a $2MM endless swimming pool that's going to be used by 8 people as "developing the area".  If you want to develop the area with buildings that people will actually use on game day, that's completely different. 

It's also different when you have an on campus stadium where people can park on the grass to tailgate (Oklahoma State, Auburn), not in a city where cops love to see people parked in a yard because it allows them to collect more revenue. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
what a very goEMAW thread.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Microwave

• Fan
    • View Profile
Well eff.  That's where my family always tailgates every week.  It worked out perfectly because we were always able to tailgate in the front row right next to Phil Titola & Mrs. Titola's (Mrs. Hamburg's sister) spot on the pavement.  This information just ruined my day.

don't let this happen hamburglar

I guess we'll have to find a new place for you to eat my parents food and drink their beer.

HEY!! ... I brought oreos once...

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile

:love:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
true story I watched KU catch a crab and swamp their boat at a regatta.  NO ONE came to help them.  Their other 8 didn't even come help until they were called 3 times to bail water.  Wichita State and K-State all helped each other get their boats out of the launches, no one would even help KU bail water. 

(in case you need to know what a crab is here is a bad example http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CZnNp-595g4#t=120s)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
michigan's rowing facility cost $40m.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Very cool, grats to the rowing department I love to see our Olympic sports progressing. I hope for a new building for volleyball and the development of a women's soccer program next.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Very cool, grats to the rowing department I love to see our Olympic sports progressing. I hope for a new building for volleyball and the development of a women's soccer program next.

:thumbs:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Will also kill a bunch of tailgating space while they are at it.  The area below will be taken up with this rough ridin' shanty.

Meanwhile, we we could have spent $2M on a football player lounge to rival Oklahoma State.

:flush:

I really enjoyed that LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium was labeled on this map. Like someone would be looking at the yard line markers and powercat in the middle and think "Now I wonder what that could be?". The whole thing just really made my night. Well, that and beems bragging about KU's rowing facility. I mean, good grief Beems.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
We should have the Taj Mahal of rowing facilities as far as I'm concerned. I mean, we're pumping millions of dollars into the football stadium and just built an elite basketball facility, what the eff else would we do with it?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I'm ok with it. If anything they should throw a little bit more money at it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
We should have the Taj Mahal of rowing facilities as far as I'm concerned. I mean, we're pumping millions of dollars into the football stadium and just built an elite basketball facility, what the eff else would we do with it?

Anything to do with football.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LOL @ you dummies

One day you'll realize that KSUPKS strongly desires a more attractive corridor for when he's riding with Elite's from the MHK to NBAF (aka destroyer of the world).

KSUPKS wanted the WSC more than anyone in the athletic department did.   KSUPKS doesn't care about you pasty white, cornhole/redneck golf playin hee-haw Country Stampede going crap kickers and your 7 day a year little barbecue cow pasture.   He cares about what the place looks like when you're off repainting your cornhole boards, restringing golf balls and burning another country's greatest hits CD's.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh and it's going to cost more than $2 million, the landscaping and the internal stuff hasn't been put out to bid yet.

Offline kimballcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Oh and it's going to cost more than $2 million, the landscaping and the internal stuff hasn't been put out to bid yet.

So, do you have any renderings?  I'm surprised Currie hasn't made any announcements (that I have seen) on this.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
If they want to start building campus out, they should have put it north of Kimball.  Then when we install the lazy river in Phase 7, the river flows through this rowing practice facility.  We tunnel under Kimball to allow the lazy river to pass to the other side and around BSFS and OOD, and then back across Kimball.  Would have been pretty elite and set us apart.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Such a pud move by our athletic department.  I can't see any other BCS program that gives a damn about having an elite football team building a rough ridin' rowing facility right next to the football stadium in a tailgating parking lot.

I would be willing to wager that Kansas State is the only BCS program in America who cares about football and actually has open grass fields right next to the football parking lots.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
LOL @ you dummies

One day you'll realize that KSUPKS strongly desires a more attractive corridor for when he's riding with Elite's from the MHK to NBAF (aka destroyer of the world).

KSUPKS wanted the WSC more than anyone in the athletic department did.   KSUPKS doesn't care about you pasty white, cornhole/redneck golf playin hee-haw Country Stampede going crap kickers and your 7 day a year little barbecue cow pasture.   He cares about what the place looks like when you're off repainting your cornhole boards, restringing golf balls and burning another country's greatest hits CD's.

:love: :love: :love: