Author Topic: $2M of Athletic Department Revenue being wasted on an indoor rowing training hut  (Read 37253 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Will also kill a bunch of tailgating space while they are at it.  The area below will be taken up with this rough ridin' shanty.

Meanwhile, we we could have spent $2M on a football player lounge to rival Oklahoma State.

:flush:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:40:04 PM by Pete »

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
don't get me started, pete.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Some bullshit. This has Currie written all over it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
have you pwns not seen social network?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well eff.  That's where my family always tailgates every week.  It worked out perfectly because we were always able to tailgate in the front row right next to Phil Titola & Mrs. Titola's (Mrs. Hamburg's sister) spot on the pavement.  This information just ruined my day. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mean they could build that piece of crap thing like anywhere, right? Why there?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Footballers gonna totally jello pool that thing.   

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Is this true?  Press release?

Offline Microwave

• Fan
    • View Profile
Well eff.  That's where my family always tailgates every week.  It worked out perfectly because we were always able to tailgate in the front row right next to Phil Titola & Mrs. Titola's (Mrs. Hamburg's sister) spot on the pavement.  This information just ruined my day.

don't let this happen hamburglar

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Footballers gonna totally jello pool that thing.

This.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

don't let this happen hamburglar

I guess we'll have to find a new place for you to eat my parents food and drink their beer. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is curries waterloo
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
WHAT THE eff

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
why not practice in a local creek?  scared to get wet during inclimate weather?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Such a pud move by our athletic department.  I can't see any other BCS program that gives a damn about having an elite football team building a rough ridin' rowing facility right next to the football stadium in a tailgating parking lot.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Strangely, I was more upset at the different colored endzone turf.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
What's the big deal?  Just park somewhere else.  Babies.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
why didn't they put it by, like, the lake
emaw

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Guys, I talked to an insider in the athletic dept. who said they're going to allow elite tailgating INSIDE that place. You can bring boats and stuff. Imagine party cove with a roof on top and people who aren't ugly.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Quote from: goEMAW Football Fanatics
IF ONLY THERE WAS MORE FLAT UNUSED LAND NEAR THE FOOTBALL FIELD!  GAHHHH!  :curse:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's where the students tailgate.  It's not about where you park, it's about taking away from the students.  Screw the students tailgating at the biggest sporting events at a university, we don't want to keep our central place for all the students to gather.  It's not like the purpose of the university is them.

If there was a reason that we needed another building near the stadium, it would be different, but there is no reason to build that there. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's where the students tailgate.  It's not about where you park, it's about taking away from the students.  Screw the students tailgating at the biggest sporting events at a university, we don't want to keep our central place for all the students to gather.  It's not like the purpose of the university is them. 

Pro tip he doesn't care and is trolling.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Guys, I talked to an insider in the athletic dept. who said they're going to allow elite tailgating INSIDE that place. You can bring boats and stuff. Imagine party cove with a roof on top and people who aren't ugly.

So the truth comes out? The rowing facility is a mere cover for comfy elite tailgating? Ingenious.  :excited:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

I can understand being upset about the allocation of $$$.

But there's plenty of room to tailgate.  I've never encountered an issue where there wasn't enough room to tailgate as a student.  Hell, let people park on those shitty rec softball outfields.  Open up more of the sheep pen area.  Anything, really. 

NOT THAT PATCH OF GRASS! 

Literally, the only thing we aren't lacking around the stadium is vacant patches of grass.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:43:36 PM by Dlew12 »

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

There's plenty of room to tailgate.  I've never encountered an issue where there wasn't enough room to tailgate as a student.  Hell, let people park on those shitty rec softball outfields.  Open up more of the sheep pen area.  Anything, really. 

NOT THAT PATCH OF GRASS!

Agreed. If anything that few hundred square feet of land will make the student tail gates more compact, and therefore more fun.