Author Topic: Straight talk ("honest") about Kansas Ave. Mexican Restaurants, Kansas City, KS  (Read 43831 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
.....I mean, there is this rough ridin' ocean of great places to eat in a very specific area...a culture of wonderful restaurants.   To think that you are missing out on that...man, that would be tough to accept....

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
some taco place is being built across the street from original OK Joes.  Used to be just a food truck I guess.  Have not read food truck thread. please advise.

i eat at their truck at least 1x a week, it's pretty good.

KC Burger later this week?

i can't

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
OK, so first off, these mother fuckers made a youtube video, so they are obviously badass. 

KC Burger
1101 Kansas Ave, Kansas City, KS 66105

Wish I had kept up to date on these reports.

Just went to try one of these delicious looking burgers, but they were in the process of loading up all the tables and chairs into the bed of a pick up.  :frown:

Maybe they are just in the process of remodeling?  :pray:

Maybe they are changing to even weirder hours?  :dunno:

Hours   
Wed - Thu: 12:00 pm - 12:00 am
Fri: 12:00 pm - 2:00 am
Sat: 12:00 pm - 3:00 am
Sun: 12:00 pm - 1:00 am

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Headed to Taco Via at 95th and Antioch for lunch, will probably get the "Special" which is 1 Hardshell taco, 1 Sancho(HUGE softshell taco) and a Nacho(tostada shell with melted cheese, taco sauce and japs).

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Straight Talk: ate so much mexican food this spring and summer that I got tired of it.  Haven't had hardly any all fall. 

Guess que...................Totally sounds good again!  Going to try to eat a bunch of KS Ave stuff this winter. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Headed to Taco Via at 95th and Antioch for lunch, will probably get the "Special" which is 1 Hardshell taco, 1 Sancho(HUGE softshell taco) and a Nacho(tostada shell with melted cheese, taco sauce and japs).

i love the nacho.  my first job was at taco via, i was 14 and worked illegally (they later got in trouble from the state for it).  free food 24/7.  i rode my skateboard to work. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

i love the nacho.  my first job was at taco via, i was 14 and worked illegally (they later got in trouble from the state for it).  free food 24/7.  i rode my skateboard to work.

ZOMG clams me too! Was it the 95th and Antioch one? aka the only good taco via left

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i wish i could say it was.  i lived in o-town at the time.  the 'via was near the DMV on sante fe and ridgeview.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
will have bonito michuacan for lunch tomorrow.  1$ tacos

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i wish i could say it was.  i lived in o-town at the time.  the 'via was near the DMV on sante fe and ridgeview.

:sdeek:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:sdeek:

:eek:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lotto people here in line for the best authentic Mexican food in the city!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
<3

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
looks delish

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Had Bonito Michoacan in O town for lunch today. My first time ever. Was amazing. Had 4 tacos and then loved them so much I had 2 more. I did not know about KC burger but will def go there soon.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What kind of tacos did you get?

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What kind of tacos did you get?

Trip 1:
1 Barbacoa, 1 Carne Asada, 1 Pastor, 1 Discada

Trip 2:
Was going to get lamb but they were out so I got 2 Asada

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sounds delicious.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
<3

Taco Via is one of the only exceptions to the rule.  Great place, but the old location was better.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
Had Bonito Michoacan in O town for lunch today. My first time ever. Was amazing. Had 4 tacos and then loved them so much I had 2 more. I did not know about KC burger but will def go there soon.

hey bud, it's me your in real life best bud who told you about and took you on your first bonitoliscious trip that you casually decided to ignore whilst posting on our favorite blog about said trip  :babywillie:

:dubious:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
j-dub i would like my first bonito experience to be with you and i would share the experience with all our bros on this blog

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
j-dub i would like my first bonito experience to be with you and i would share the experience with all our bros on this blog

:D

i can't wait!! and then we can laugh about how scared cf3 was at being one of the few gringo's (his word not mine) in the place  :lol:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I remember a conversation we had recently where you said I post too many posts that are like "Well, me and J-Dub......." so I thought I'd make it seem like we aren't married or whatever and leave you out of a few posts. My bad.

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey J-Dub, CF3 here, you wanna get some tacos manana?

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
I remember a conversation we had recently where you said I post too many posts that are like "Well, me and J-Dub......." so I thought I'd make it seem like we aren't married or whatever and leave you out of a few posts. My bad.

interesting if true