Author Topic: My fascination with CycloneFanatics.com continues  (Read 120114 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: My fascination with CycloneFanatics.com continues
« Reply #575 on: March 02, 2014, 10:34:37 AM »
Those farm humps really hate us.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 02, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
Those farm humps really hate us.

the only thing they can do from here is to till (sp?) their fields, plant some new crops and wait for a year to see what it yields and continue to hope beyond hope that it will be as good as what we pump out year after year from our first class digital emaw factory. well we haven't tried sorghum yet ma. maybe that will beat emaw company llc global? i mean you really just have to laugh to keep yourself from crying at those hayseeds.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 02, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
Their reaction when Fred goes to the NBA will be priceless.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 02, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
Just wait till baseball season!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 02, 2014, 10:51:55 AM »
Just wait till baseball season!

"ISU, where we were so bad at baseball, we quit!"

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 02, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »

he's obviously done all he can there and it's time for him to move on. anybody with half a brain can see that. they should thank him for making them somewhat competitive and cross their fingers that they can pluck another unknown out of obscurity that can continue to get them an occasional seven seed in the tournament. i mean, they did it once so it's not that crazy to think they could do it again.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 02, 2014, 10:53:19 AM »
I bet their swim team is fantastic

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 02, 2014, 10:54:06 AM »
Iowa State (A historically garbage program)

Final Fours: 1
National Title Game Appearances: 0
Tournament Appearances:   15
Conference Titles: 6

K-State

Final Fours: 4
National Title Game Appearances: 1
NCAA Tournament Appearances: 27
Conference Titles: 18

Seems like a KU football-esque argument. You're better than that.

:lol: wow Havsy really?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 02, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »

he's obviously done all he can there and it's time for him to move on. anybody with half a brain can see that. they should thank him for making them somewhat competitive and cross their fingers that they can pluck another unknown out of obscurity that can continue to get them an occasional seven seed in the tournament. i mean, they did it once so it's not that crazy to think they could do it again.

Everything about Fred screams "NBA coach". I think he'll be really good there. Plus, you can only play the transfer lottery so many times and win. JMHO.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 02, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
You gotta think living off transfers that are pretty shaky character wise and would much rather be at another school is a risky way to try and compete.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 02, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »
You gotta think living off transfers that are pretty shaky character wise and would much rather be at another school is a risky way to try and compete.

He has pretty much nailed it every time though, he must be doing something right. Still, its bound to go wrong at some point.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 02, 2014, 11:04:35 AM »

jucos and transfers are their only shot at decent teams though. i mean, just think about it. if you are iowa state, you can't just walk into texas and pluck out all big12 type highschoolers like k-state did with marcus foster. you have to recruit on the edges. sometimes it will work out for them and they will finish fourth or fifth in the big12, but other times it won't. they're doing what they have to do. can't blame them for that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 11:09:26 AM by rick daris »

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #587 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:22 AM »

jucos and transfers are their only shot at decent teams though. i mean, just think about it. if you are iowa state, you can't just walk into texas and pluck out all big12 type highschoolers like k-state did with marcus foster. you have to recruit on the edges. sometimes it will work out for them and they will finish fourth or fifth in the big12, but other times it won't. they're doing what they have to do. can't blame them for that.

But went into Michigan and got Monte Morris, the state's "Mr. Basketball" over Michigan State and Michigan.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 02, 2014, 11:34:48 AM »

But went into Michigan and got Monte Morris, the state's "Mr. Basketball" over Michigan State and Michigan.
Not Texas, tho!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 02, 2014, 11:37:56 AM »
Goddamit, how have emaw fans, especially on this site (#1 ksu-related blog) not learned how lame history smack is. Like, come on. Is it just hard to resist because we almost never get to use it?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 02, 2014, 11:38:52 AM »

ISU fans really complained about the officiating?

Other than Havs, have you ever had a logical and thoughtful conversation and/or BBS interaction with an Iowa State fan?

I haven't.  Ever.

Good point. I guess I take Havs for granted.

Havs has his delusional times, but is 12x better than any other ISU fans I've dealt with. His two buddies were a little too cocky when they came by the house today so I hope they're butthurt.

They must have been trolling you, we had a pretty decent, realistic conversation at Porters before the game. They didn't expect to be driving hope with a W.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 02, 2014, 11:42:37 AM »

Not Texas, tho!

also only averages 6 ppg and wasn't recruited by either msu or michigan, but i guess you take what you can get up at john deere u. wouldn't see the court at kstate.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:00:46 PM by rick daris »

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #592 on: March 02, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »

Not Texas, tho!

also only average 66 ppg and wasn't recruited by either msu or michigan, but i guess you take what you can get up at john deere u. wouldn't see the court at kstate.

Yea, he can only do so much playing behind Kane. Had Angel stayed, Foster's time and role on the team would be much different.

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 02, 2014, 11:57:34 AM »
http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens-basketball/185357-my-observations-row-4-a.html

And missing most of the threes didn't help.... (captain obvious here)

If we missed our 3s, but made all our bunnies near the basket, we would have won easily.

Laying in bed in Wamego waiting for others to wake up. Hope the roads are clear.

Regarding the game, we were treated very poorly by many. But a few others were great. Like our hosts and their friends. I have to say I'm done coming down here. Two out of three times I have came we have been taunted and yelled at with no provocation except we were wearing ISU gear.

Really good food and people at So Long Saloon. Not too bad at Porter's.

I wish I had a better experience because I love going on the road. Our group consisted of guys from early 30s to late 50s. We don't taunt and we respect everybody. My impression was a low basketball IQ crowd.

Appreciate your comments Surly!

The last time I was in Manhattan they were total dicks. But they throw batteries at you and taunt children in Iowa City. I have had road trips to Lincoln and Lawrence as well and was treated very well at both.

Taunting a player during shoot around is bush league. You got what you deserve as far as I'm concerned.

^ Response to this video that the op put in his 1st post:

I've never seen so many butthurt 40 year olds about my existence than I did last night in Bramlage. I guess outsiders are weird for a bunch of Western Kansas natives.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 02, 2014, 12:00:05 PM »

Not Texas, tho!

also only average 66 ppg and wasn't recruited by either msu or michigan, but i guess you take what you can get up at john deere u. wouldn't see the court at kstate.

Yea, he can only do so much playing behind Kane. Had Angel stayed, Foster's time and role on the team would be much different.

:Wha:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 02, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »
Do I love opposing fans who try and take a moral victory after losing the game because they got PI'd?
You are damn right I do.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 02, 2014, 12:16:20 PM »
Iowa State fans creep me out

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #597 on: March 02, 2014, 12:19:16 PM »
Do I love opposing fans who try and take a moral victory after losing the game because they got PI'd?
You are damn right I do.

I'm pretty pissed 'stone. Sorry.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 02, 2014, 12:19:44 PM »
 :lol:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #599 on: March 02, 2014, 12:20:39 PM »
:lol:

Most of my anger is because you wouldn't go to Cox Brothers with me yesterday. Jerk.