Author Topic: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People  (Read 2189736 times)

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People
« Reply #3225 on: November 08, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »
People accuse me of attempting suicide by drinking...so, if you vote for crap that doesn't help you is THAT suicide?  Seriously are we a nation of consumers or contributers?  We're mumped if we're a nation of 'consumers'

"Topeka"?

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: November 08, 2013, 10:03:57 AM »
People accuse me of attempting suicide by drinking...so, if you vote for crap that doesn't help you is THAT suicide?  Seriously are we a nation of consumers or contributers?  We're mumped if we're a nation of 'consumers'

"Topeka"?

The one and only
@lopakman

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: November 11, 2013, 08:05:36 AM »
http://distractify.com/news/how-america-is-turning-kids-into-sissies/

This link has been going around on my facebook feed.  It's basically a bunch of stories that are most likely taken out of context to fight against the pussification of america.  America!

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: November 11, 2013, 09:00:39 AM »

This link has been going around on my facebook feed.  It's basically a bunch of stories that are most likely taken out of context to fight against the pussification of america.  America!

You just assume they're taken out of context because the stories seem unreasonable.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: November 11, 2013, 09:07:09 AM »

You just assume they're taken out of context because the stories seem unreasonable.

i looked up one that seemed fishy to me, about the "girl suspended for saying no to drugs."  it wasn't exactly like that.  she took a pill from a friend and then got caught while giving it back.  of course you're going to be suspended if you're caught giving drugs to a classmate.

also, interesting if true.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: November 11, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »

i looked up one that seemed fishy to me, about the "girl suspended for saying no to drugs."  it wasn't exactly like that.  she took a pill from a friend and then got caught while giving it back.  of course you're going to be suspended if you're caught giving drugs to a classmate.

So, when they found out the truth did they apologize and reinstate her?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: November 11, 2013, 09:19:39 AM »

i doubt it.  she was caught handing over a prescription pill.  is she telling the truth? 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: November 11, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »

I assume they are taken out of context because they didn't include any links to articles about the story.  They want people to go on whatever part of the story that they feel is relevant. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: November 11, 2013, 10:43:32 AM »

I assume they are taken out of context because they didn't include any links to articles about the story.  They want people to go on whatever part of the story that they feel is relevant.

1.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/03/briar-maclean-canadian-student-knife_n_3379359.html

Leah O'Donnell, MacLean's mother, told National Post that she received a phone call from the school's vice principal the day of the incident informing her that the school does not "condone heroics" and that her son should have sought out a teacher's help.

“I asked: ‘In the time it would have taken him to go get a teacher, could that kid’s throat have been slit?’ She said yes, but that’s beside the point. That we ‘don’t condone heroics in this school,’” O'Donnell told National Post.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: November 11, 2013, 10:49:08 AM »
2.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/kindergarten-suspension-pink-bubble-gun_n_2507017.html

The kindergartener was waiting in the bus line with two friends when she made the remark about her pink bubble gun. The next day, officials at Mount Carmel Area Elementary School allegedly questioned the student for three hours about the incident without her parents' knowledge, local news outlet the Daily Item reports.

According to central Pennsylvania's PennLive.com, the kindergarten student was initially suspended for 10 days, but the suspension was reduced to two, after her mother addressed the issue with the school's principal, Susan Nestico. Despite the reduction, Ficker and the family are seeking a full expungement of the suspension, along with a public apology.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: November 11, 2013, 11:00:07 AM »
guys, shut up

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: November 11, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »

i doubt it.  she was caught handing over a prescription pill.  is she telling the truth?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/01/zero-tolerance-drug-polic_n_480647.html

School administrator Marty Bell told WHAS News that Rachel Greer violated school policy by simply being present. Bell faulted the teenager for putting out her hand:

"Someone hands them a pill or a drug or something like that and they say well I said no I didn't participate. Well the act of saying no is not to be there, not to be involved in the handling the you know they didn't have to put their hand out," says Marty Bell of Greater Clark County Schools.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: November 11, 2013, 12:15:20 PM »
I bet Huff Post in the 1950s would have been pretty hilarious.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: November 11, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »

the entire staff would have been McCarthy'd pretty hard.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: November 11, 2013, 02:06:08 PM »
Happy vet's day! Some good news(I guess)...Obama only has 1165 more days left in office to eff up America even more than he already has...

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: November 11, 2013, 09:10:29 PM »

did you know that ol' JFK was quite the McCarthy-ite? The 'tards squirm pretty hard when they are made aware of this.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: November 11, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »
You guys think maybe kids were getting in troubs and suspended for stupid stuff like, forever, but until oh say the late 90s there was no internet to forward every story about a kid who got in troubs unfairly at school?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: November 11, 2013, 09:58:25 PM »

did you know that ol' JFK was quite the McCarthy-ite? The 'tards squirm pretty hard when they are made aware of this.

ol' toe really can serve up some gems sometimes.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: November 11, 2013, 11:41:24 PM »
You guys think maybe kids were getting in troubs and suspended for stupid stuff like, forever, but until oh say the late 90s there was no internet to forward every story about a kid who got in troubs unfairly at school?

No, America just wasn't pussified back then, so I really doubt that happened.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: November 12, 2013, 12:53:10 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog