Author Topic: Everything about oscar's system is a cancer  (Read 13857 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: Everything about oscar's system is a cancer
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 09:51:29 PM »
I agree with what Dax is saying, to argue with a poster of this quality is folly.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 09:52:04 PM »
Need longer posts please!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2013, 10:10:37 PM »
No one called Frank a "master at closing out games," he was good at it though. No one but edn criticized oscar either. Your rant was weird.
You aren't seriously saying oscar didn't botch the last 2 minutes of the KU and ISU games.  I know you aren't saying that.
(hint you already agreed with my point when you mentioned sitting Angel)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Everything about oscar's system is a cancer
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2013, 10:40:28 PM »
Need longer posts please!

Dax should just use Iowa State box scores as his sig.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2013, 11:31:27 PM »
No one called Frank a "master at closing out games," he was good at it though. No one but edn criticized oscar either. Your rant was weird.
You aren't seriously saying oscar didn't botch the last 2 minutes of the KU and ISU games.  I know you aren't saying that.

wtf is happening here, this board is weird tonight. I have no idea how you got that or frankly anything worth posting from that post you quoted.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2013, 11:41:28 PM »
Today's game didn't affect my opinion on oscar, and it shouldn't have affected anyone else's. oscar made some decisions that are fun to laugh at (sitting Angel with 45 seconds left, for example), but they probably didn't cost us the game.

Yes that was very weird. He sat Angel defensively when he had been sitting Will in that same spot since conference play started, I was like wtf :confused:

He must have REALLY wanted no one to foul

The look on his face when the refs told him "Oops, we messed up, you really only have 6 seconds left in the game -- maybe you should have fouled"   :lol:

He actually had a good point about this on the post game show. He asked if the shot clock froze too because ISU ran the shot clock all the way down. He didnt get an answer.

Pretty sure the shot clock did freeze too... Can't confirm though... Just replying it in mind from my memory. Prolly means we were winners tonight.

TapiPhone

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2013, 11:49:47 PM »
Yup. It froze, but it's a moot point because there was still :15 on the clock when he broke toward the basket and schooled at least 3 State-hoops defenders.

TapiPhone

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2013, 12:02:51 AM »
I vote we end all pretenses and just officially name MIR the goEMAW Strawman in Residence, available for use as a culprit-on-demand for any elitaire's argument with himself.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2013, 01:24:02 AM »
I don't think oscar is worse than Frank in close games, and I don't really care. Like, at all. There's a good chance he's better in close games. It's a stupid talking point held be people who like to see coaches flail their arms and look really passionate (but not too passionate) and call lots of timeouts to draw up plays.

Also, I would love it if someone would gif oscar's reaction to the clock explanation. Thanks, love you all.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2013, 01:34:16 AM »
I don't really care... It's a stupid talking point.

qft.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 01:35:47 AM »
I realize cancer kills people... but cancer is a really light way to describe oscar's system. Outside of oscar screaming during opposing team free throws... he kinda sucks.

P.S... I really like the new emoticons on the site.

:billdance:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2013, 08:40:29 AM »
wtf is happening here, this board is weird tonight. I have no idea how you got that or frankly anything worth posting from that post you quoted.

This is not new, losses always bring all kinds of different perceptions and reactions.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2013, 08:57:13 AM »
Today's game didn't affect my opinion on oscar, and it shouldn't have affected anyone else's. oscar made some decisions that are fun to laugh at (sitting Angel with 45 seconds left, for example), but they probably didn't cost us the game.

Yes that was very weird. He sat Angel defensively when he had been sitting Will in that same spot since conference play started, I was like wtf :confused:

I think it was about Angel's 4 fouls and the anticipation of OT.  Not saying I agree with the move, but I think that was the difference.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Everything about oscar's system is a cancer
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2013, 09:40:03 AM »

I think it was about Angel's 4 fouls and the anticipation of OT.  Not saying I agree with the move, but I think that was the difference.

That's probably why he didn't call a timeout to get Angel in on offense after that possession. That timeout would have been handy in ot.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2013, 09:41:22 AM »
Are we 15-4 with a win over #8 Florida, all of our losses before last night were to top-10 teams, and we're ranked #11 for the moment which is our highest ranking since 2010 when we were preseason #3 and then lost our way out of the rankings?  Yep, confirmed all this is true.  This makes me so ANGRY!!

:curse:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

catzacker

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2013, 11:32:02 AM »
Are we 15-4 with a win over #8 Florida, all of our losses before last night were to top-10 teams, and we're ranked #11 for the moment which is our highest ranking since 2010 when we were preseason #3 and then lost our way out of the rankings?  Yep, confirmed all this is true.  This makes me so ANGRY!!

we were supposed to be good this year.  so, like, losing (especially to a team that lost to Tech) when you think you're supposed to be good makes people angry.  don't worry, the anger will turn to apathy quickly and we won't have to have these types of threads.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »

we were supposed to be good this year.  so, like, losing (especially to a team that lost to Tech) when you think you're supposed to be good makes people angry.  don't worry, the anger will turn to apathy quickly and we won't have to have these types of threads.

we would have the same or worse record under frank so.....

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2013, 11:39:19 AM »

catzacker

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »

we would have the same or worse record under frank so.....

it would be the same or better*

*what's great about this and your statement is that we both just throw it out there like it's a fact when we really can't ever say with any certainty that either of us is right.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »
Zacker just got karnes'd, love the new avi BTW.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2013, 12:31:12 PM »

Oh I know!  Getting our ranking up to #11 and then blowing it with an 0-2 week is the kind of clownshoe coaching we haven't seen around here since the darkest days of Wooldridge!

:shakesfist:

I'd be even MORE ANGRY if I didn't feel the apathy already starting to creep back into my soul.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2013, 12:34:47 PM »
There's lots of weird emerging from unexpected places and I'm losing my gE orientation.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »
There's lots of weird emerging from unexpected places and I'm losing my gE orientation.
GoSP is being facetious

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »
My mistake

:weakheartedcanary:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2013, 02:55:56 PM »

typical obtuse MiR is typical.
Others are criticizing oscar. Anyone with common sense and a modicum of BBIQ knows that oscar botched the last few minutes of the last two games. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting