Author Topic: Business Trips  (Read 17774 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Business Trips
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 11:09:14 PM »
I've traveled to cool places with cool people from work and it's way better than traveling alone. But the wrong people can make traveling alone way better.

I believe this completely answers the traveling with co-workers issue. Well put, michigancat.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 11:19:14 PM »
Worst co-workers to travel with? Ones that only want to eat at a place like Logan's or Applebees but insist on doing it as a group.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 11:28:13 PM »
Worst co-workers to travel with? Ones that only want to eat at a place like Logan's or Applebees but insist on doing it as a group.

one of my biggest pet peeves is traveling and then eating somewhere that I can get at home
emaw

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2013, 11:47:46 PM »
Non drinkers are tough to travel with

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2013, 11:50:08 PM »

dd's.

yeah, probably not.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 11:57:49 PM »

Just drink in front of them, like I do, and brag about the fifth of booze you have in your room that you'll be cracking when you get back to the hotel. Works for me.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 01:43:39 AM »
not fun.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Business Trips
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2013, 06:10:44 AM »
I also love drinking at airport bars and talking to random travelers. it always makes for great conversations because everyone is from all over the world

people really do this?  i thought that was just in movies.   :dunno:

Yes, always. There is not a more eclectic group of drunks on this planet then you will find at a major airport.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2013, 06:14:04 AM »

ugh.  so awful.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2013, 07:19:05 AM »
also bad is the person on the other end insisting on making room reservations for everyone to collect all the hotel points. lol, I'm changing that to my account number when I check-in dumbass.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2013, 07:44:45 AM »
I've traveled to cool places with cool people from work and it's way better than traveling alone. But the wrong people can make traveling alone way better.

I'm in engineering so about 90% of the people I would travel with are the wrong people. Solo por favor.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2013, 07:55:05 AM »

I'm in engineering so about 90% of the people I would travel with are the wrong people. Solo por favor.

When you are young 90% of the people you travel with are the wrong people.  When you are old and a loser 10% of the people will be the right people.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2013, 08:04:23 AM »

When you are young 90% of the people you travel with are the wrong people.  When you are old and a loser 10% of the people will be the right people.

So wise

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »
let's be honest here.  approx ~85% of business travel isn't really required.   

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 08:53:23 AM »
That might be a bit high, but I am flying to IST in about a month for a meeting regarding my job that I no longer have responsibilities for. It is not a farewell party. ;)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2013, 09:01:14 AM »

the sole purpose of my next work travel is basically for me to meet a bunch of guys and become better buds with them. this is actually the purpose of most of my travel now. I used to have defined specific tasks to complete but those are a thing of the past. before all of my travel I get tons of emails from the bros/brodettes I'm going to meet about how PAK'd we are going to get and how elite the places we are going to eat are.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2013, 09:13:05 AM »
yup, it's weird.  maybe a government conspiracy or something.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2013, 09:14:01 AM »
The worst person in the world to travel with is like a really egotistical know-it-all control freak hot head computer dork.  Trust me.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Business Trips
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »
The worst person in the world to travel with is like a really egotistical know-it-all control freak hot head computer dork.  Trust me.

Ha ha, I can imagine.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »

No. I work in sales and I can tell you that egotistical know-it-all control freak hot head sales people are the worst to travel with. The trip home is the worst because you have to listen to some fabricated story of some hot chick they picked up the night before and banged in their hotel room.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2013, 09:39:36 AM »

No. I work in sales and I can tell you that egotistical know-it-all control freak hot head sales people are the worst to travel with. The trip home is the worst because you have to listen to some fabricated story of some hot chick they picked up the night before and banged in their hotel room.

Would rather your conversation to be about how Apple is evil, but Google is even more evil?  Literally had ZERO in common with this guy.  Couldn't talk sports, outdoors, politics, nothing. 

ETA: One time this guy almost got us both thrown off a flight because he had put his bag (with iPad) in the overhead, and another passenger was trying to fit his bag up there and was kinda banging it around.  Guy snapped, went from calm to hysterical in 1.2 seconds.  Had to get in the middle and calm him down.  Other passenger was like "jeez sorry man, didn't know."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Business Trips
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »

Would rather your conversation to be about how Apple is evil, but Google is even more evil?  Literally had ZERO in common with this guy.  Couldn't talk sports, outdoors, politics, nothing.

Maybe you should learn carry on a conversation about things that aren't sports, outdoors, or politics.

:dunno:

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2013, 09:45:34 AM »

ETA: One time this guy almost got us both thrown off a flight because he had put his bag (with iPad) in the overhead, and another passenger was trying to fit his bag up there and was kinda banging it around.  Guy snapped, went from calm to hysterical in 1.2 seconds.  Had to get in the middle and calm him down.  Other passenger was like "jeez sorry man, didn't know."

You might have a point. A mythical sex story is probably better than computer talk.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2013, 09:46:07 AM »

Just say, "Dude, I don't really give a eff. I used my iPhone to google some bitches last night and we banged back in my room watching Sportscenter on repeat 'til 5 am. I need some zzzzz's. Shut up."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2013, 09:47:51 AM »

You might have a point. A mythical sex story is probably better than computer talk.

Mythical sex stories and psycho computer nerds tell better stories than most engineers, who operate day-to-day in almost complete silence.