Author Topic: Business Trips  (Read 17772 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Business Trips
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2013, 12:01:24 PM »
I worry about gaining weight on business trips.

I skip lunch some days at real work and usually don't eat breakfast.  When I am traveling on business, you can bet your ass 3 meals a day are going on that corporate card.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Business Trips
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2013, 12:16:26 PM »
I worry about gaining weight on business trips.

I skip lunch some days at real work and usually don't eat breakfast.  When I am traveling on business, you can bet your ass 3 meals a day are going on that corporate card.

plus booze plus I'm not working out.

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »
Boozed it pretty hard while watching the Milan v Barcelona game at the bar in Milan on Tuesday. Hungover flying is not fun flying.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Business Trips
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »
Hungover flying is not fun flying.

In first or biz it's better than being at home hungover

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2013, 05:45:14 PM »
Boozed it pretty hard while watching the Milan v Barcelona game at the bar in Milan on Tuesday. Hungover flying is not fun flying.

I rode back home hung over as hell one time, sitting right next to THE Stan Weber.   I suspect that he knew that I had projectile vomited all over the bath room immediately before boarding the plane, because he had a nose attached to his face.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2013, 12:56:45 PM »
Just completed a terrible one.  Drove 3.5hrs last night for a meeting that started early this morning.  Got the email last night that some others flights were delayed and we would start late.  6 this morning got the email that their flights were cancelled and so was the meeting.  Drove back this morning and am now at my desk. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »
you know what's kind of awkward but kind of fun? like, doing business stuff with business type people you just met all day and then getting really blasted at night with them and making questionable decisions and then meeting for more business type activities with them the next day. like, are you bros/brodettes now that you did that thing or back to business only and never mention it again? everyone handles it differently and some people seem really awkwardly pained from dealing with it. I kind of bullshit with everyone right away anyway so it makes it easy for me.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2013, 01:35:50 PM »
you know what's kind of awkward but kind of fun? like, doing business stuff with business type people you just met all day and then getting really blasted at night with them and making questionable decisions and then meeting for more business type activities with them the next day. like, are you bros/brodettes now that you did that thing or back to business only and never mention it again? everyone handles it differently and some people seem really awkwardly pained from dealing with it. I kind of bullshit with everyone right away anyway so it makes it easy for me.

Dead on.

I got blasted with a business meeting counterpart in another country on a business trip the second night of week long meetings.  Was awesome the next day...he cut the meetings short because he was all hung over and needed some hair of the dog.  I imagine our conference room reeked of sweat and rum.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2013, 02:43:58 PM »
Younger dobber had a business meeting in Atlanta. A group of young, good looking, allergic to sleep business friends, including younger dobber, went out to Buckhead until 4am and then said eff it and drank a couple more beers back at the hotel and went to bed at 5:30. Slept for 2 hours and walked into our 8:00 am meeting.

Fastforward to the group dinner that night. Lots of high level people present. The handsome group of 6 studs was feeling quite shitty and tired. After dessert, we were all asked to go up to the revolving hotel bar for a drink. We said sure, as it was 9:30 or so. One drink and then off to bed, right? Unfortunately, the highest ranking dude at the meeting was well rested from the night before and wanted to go out for a few drinks. Three of us said, eff it, we can do this. We grabbed another guy along with the big wig, who was probably 35-40 years old and off the 5 of us went.

We got back to the hotel at 4:30 am. The big wig, with his European accent, said to us, as we rolled out of the cab, "I have nothing left to offer you except a drink from my mini-bar." I looked him right in the eye, and with both birds shoved in his face, said, "eff YOU! I need some sleep!" He laughed and we all went to bed.

Young dobber was a trooper and made it to the first meeting at 8:00am. The European big wig was so hung over that he said eff it and made his first appearance for the day, wet haired and red eyed, at the line for lunch. I am sure he told the other execs that he had jet lag or some crap.

Side bar 1. I met him again 2 years later and he just laughed when he saw me. The manager I was with couldn't believe that this guy new me.

Side bar 2. Two years after the second encounter, this guy mysteriously took a job about 3 levels beneath where he was. Word got out that the wrong person caught him nailing his secretary on his office desk.

If you were wondering, the guy's name is STUD.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »
that sounds about right dobs. had a similar run-in with Buckhead a couple months ago.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2014, 08:16:27 AM »
Going to Princeton for the rest of the week today. Is NJ as :yuck: as it seems?
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2014, 08:22:52 AM »

some of NJ is as bad as it seems. some of it is really nice. have not been to Princeton

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2014, 08:33:59 AM »

Come up to NYC and let's pak. Here for work as well. Bit of a long ride but it's cheap.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2014, 08:37:17 AM »
LSOC has a lot of clients in Princeton, I will get you some recos

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »
:thumbs:

Come up to NYC and let's pak. Here for work as well. Bit of a long ride but it's cheap.
on a trip with 2 others from the office, might be able to pull that off, might not
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2014, 11:43:41 AM »
:thumbs:

on a trip with 2 others from the office, might be able to pull that off, might not

Mediterra for dinner