Author Topic: "The Weis Plan"  (Read 30896 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "The Weis Plan"
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2013, 03:55:04 PM »
Sams has Allen Webb written all over him.

Because he's black or something?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »
Based on Beems track record in predicting things, I'm putting down Sams to win the Heisman 3 years in a row, then a Super Bowl his rookie year in the NFL.

My track record is pretty damn good.  Eight straight Big 12 titles, BCS Orange Bowl, two Final Fours, one national championship, 4-1 record vs. K-State in football while I attended KU, Briscoe >>> Lamark, Oregon defense >>> K-State defense, Oregon >>> K-State, etc, etc. 

I was talking about things you predicted.

Bet on KU vs. Pullen in 2011, "Lew is building a monster", Jim Harbaugh to KU, KU to the Pac-12, Mike Leach to KU, plus all the things seven just post. Lots of others but you're boring me today. I'm starting to think you're giving up. I would too, Beems.

Beems predictions are notoriously horrible.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2013, 04:05:02 PM »
Sams has Allen Webb written all over him.

Because he's black or something?

That's not the only reason I make the comparison.  In '04, K-State went back and forth between Webb and Meier, and I can see a similar situation next year with Sams and Waters.  We know that Sams can run, but can he throw the ball consistently?  We'll have to wait and see.  I'm not going to bet against a Snyder coached football team, but I do see some similarities between '03 and '12 (coaches leaving, lots of starters graduating, 'meh' recruiting class, etc).

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
Based on Beems track record in predicting things, I'm putting down Sams to win the Heisman 3 years in a row, then a Super Bowl his rookie year in the NFL.

My track record is pretty damn good.  Eight straight Big 12 titles, BCS Orange Bowl, two Final Fours, one national championship, 4-1 record vs. K-State in football while I attended KU, Briscoe >>> Lamark, Oregon defense >>> K-State defense, Oregon >>> K-State, etc, etc. 

I was talking about things you predicted.

Bet on KU vs. Pullen in 2011, "Lew is building a monster", Jim Harbaugh to KU, KU to the Pac-12, Mike Leach to KU, plus all the things seven just post. Lots of others but you're boring me today. I'm starting to think you're giving up. I would too, Beems.

That's a nice list, but there's a difference between predictions and trolling/starting new threads.  Lew did win a BCS Bowl and a national title while at KU, so call it what you want.  We have the best basketball facilities in the Big 12 and top five in the country.  Our football complex is top 25.  The new facilities upgrades will be top notch as well.  Sorry if I'm boring you today, but you guys have been boring me for months now.  Some of you guys get flat out bitchy when anyone makes a positive post about KU.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »
At least as far as major conference public schools go, trying to say who has Top 25 Football facilities is about as subjective as you can get in sports.

At this juncture every major conference PUBLIC school has nice football facilities.  The only real laggards in major conference football are the private schools . . . Vandy, NW, WF and Duke and Duke is going to redo their stadium and their football building is pretty nice . . . well, come to think of it, there is a major conference PUBLIC school that is a laggard, must to the consternation of their football fans and that is UCLA.    You could have added USC to that list, but USC just opened the McKay Center.   There were other traditional powers that were laggards, but they've all made up huge ground of late, like Michigan for example, who has spent nearly $300 million on football facilities in the last 5 years.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2013, 04:47:31 PM »

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2013, 05:03:22 PM »
Beems how does memorial stadium have a higher ceiling?  This should be good and please don't include the word setting in your answer

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
Beems how does memorial stadium have a higher ceiling?  This should be good and please don't include the word setting in your answer

That's like asking why microbrews are better than domestic beers, and asking me to leave out flavor. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:24 PM »
Ok to recap, memorial stadiums only possible redeeming quality is a hill, grats beems

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2013, 05:17:39 PM »
Ok to recap, memorial stadiums only possible redeeming quality is a hill, grats beems

You guys are horrible at deducing arguments.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »

Please explain where the proper deducing of arguments should lead us other than the hill.  It it the exposed, old shitty pipes?  I bet it's the exposed, old shitty pipes.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2013, 05:48:17 PM »

Please explain where the proper deducing of arguments should lead us other than the hill.  It it the exposed, old shitty pipes?  I bet it's the exposed, old shitty pipes.

See if you can figure out the difference between this:

And this:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2013, 05:50:46 PM »
One has nice facilities for a college football team. The other has nice facilities for a high school track and field team.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »
Ku's stadium reminds me of Cessna stadium with the stand alone video board in the end zone, and of course the track

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: "The Weis Plan"
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2013, 05:57:22 PM »
Ku's stadium reminds me of Cessna stadium with the stand alone video board in the end zone, and of course the track

True this. Football is not played in either stadium.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »

And this:

It's just the hill. Got it. If you think it's just the hill, just says it's the hill. Don't be mad at Wes for asking you to verify that. Don't be mad at Wes for deducing it's just the hill when that's the only piece of evidence you've presented.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:06:46 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2013, 06:10:51 PM »

And this:

So, you chose the view from the track and field stadium with empty barcoloungers looking back at your campus, avoiding those spiffy apartments across the street and otherwise s*hold neighborhood, and opt for KSU's stadium looking out over where research buildings are now built (or do, you just hate a view of nature in the distance?).

That's what makes you experience better?  Not fans, a superior facility, passionate football fans, great tailgating nor a student section that has to be bribed to attend games with freebies?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2013, 06:13:17 PM »
I'm not going to convince any of you K-State fans that KU has a better location or a higher ceiling for its stadium.  It's just a complete waste of time.  You are beyond reasonable discussion when it comes to KU.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »
You are beyond reasonable discussion when it comes to KU.

Oh man. This is gold coming from you, Beems.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2013, 06:16:56 PM »
The scenery is ok and all, but I prefer to watch whats happening down on the field.  As a KU fan, I can understand your difference in opinion.

Also, if you like buildings, K-State is about to get a few hundred million dollars worth of them around our stadium.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »
One has nice facilities for a college football team. The other has nice facilities for a high school track and field team.

We just built a top 25 football complex in '08.  We have more modern football facilities than K-State.  We will also have a better track and field complex as well. 

:love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2013, 06:20:44 PM »

We just built a top 25 football complex in '08.  We have more modern football facilities than K-State.  We will also have a better track and field complex as well. 

:love:

:lol:

All those facilities and no Big 12 North titles, let alone Big 12 titles. And where are your track and field athletes? Must have missed them in the Olympics this past year. But then again, maybe I was too busy admiring our silver medal.