Author Topic: "The Weis Plan"  (Read 30900 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: "The Weis Plan"
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »
facilities smack thread

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »
I'm not going to convince any of you K-State fans that KU has a better location or a higher ceiling for its stadium.  It's just a complete waste of time.  You are beyond reasonable discussion when it comes to KU.

Hey guys, if you tore down both stadiums and started from scratch in the same location, KU's would be next to a hill. If you don't think that's banner hanging worthy, then you're just stupid KSU fans.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2013, 06:24:48 PM »
One has nice facilities for a college football team. The other has nice facilities for a high school track and field team.

We just built a top 25 football complex in '08.  We have more modern football facilities than K-State.  We will also have a better track and field complex as well. 

:love:

:lol:

All those facilities and no Big 12 North titles, let alone Big 12 titles. And where are your track and field athletes? Must have missed them in the Olympics this past year. But then again, maybe I was too busy admiring our silver medal.

We won a share of the North in '07.  The trophy is in the football complex.  As for track and field, one of our women ran for the Olympic 4x4 relay team.  Both the KU men and KU women finished in the top 25 in track and field last year.  In fact, the women are ranked #2 overall in the preseason rankings.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
I'm not going to convince any of you K-State fans that KU has a better location or a higher ceiling for its stadium.  It's just a complete waste of time.  You are beyond reasonable discussion when it comes to KU.

Hey guys, if you tore down both stadiums and started from scratch in the same location, KU's would be next to a hill. If you don't think that's banner hanging worthy, then you're just stupid KSU fans.

Yeah, man... it's just a hill.  Nothing else is different.  Keep preaching it, brother.

Offline Alpinist

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2013, 06:27:21 PM »
Ok to recap, memorial stadiums only possible redeeming quality is a hill, grats beems

You guys are horrible at deducing arguments.

Please explain where the proper deducing of arguments should lead us other than the hill.  It it the exposed, old shitty pipes?  I bet it's the exposed, old shitty pipes.

See if you can figure out the difference between this:

And this:

It's just the hill. Got it. If you think it's just the hill, just says it's the hill. Don't be mad at Wes for asking you to verify that. Don't be mad at Wes for deducing it's just the hill when that's the only piece of evidence you've presented.
Must b the "spring game" b/c there aren't enough tents on the piece of crap hill to block everyone's view. Nice try, once again, doucher.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »
One has nice facilities for a college football team. The other has nice facilities for a high school track and field team.

We just built a top 25 football complex in '08.  We have more modern football facilities than K-State.  We will also have a better track and field complex as well. 

All those facilities and no Big 12 North titles, let alone Big 12 titles. And where are your track and field athletes? Must have missed them in the Olympics this past year. But then again, maybe I was too busy admiring our silver medal.

We won a share of the North in '07.  The trophy is in the football complex.  As for track and field, one of our women ran for the Olympic 4x4 relay team.  Both the KU men and KU women finished in the top 25 in track and field last year.  In fact, the women are ranked #2 overall in the preseason rankings.

My bad, Beems. Totally forgot that 5 years ago you tied to win one half of the Big 12. Also, missed the part where your athletes won an Olympic medal. Where was that in your post?

Offline Alpinist

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2013, 06:30:07 PM »

LOL whatever loser

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2013, 06:32:35 PM »

My bad, Beems. Totally forgot that 5 years ago you tied to win one half of the Big 12. Also, missed the part where your athletes won an Olympic medal. Where was that in your post?

Diamond Dixon won gold.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/aug/11/kus-diamond-dixon-wins-gold-medal-olympic-games-pa/

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2013, 06:36:58 PM »
'grats Beems! I can't believe I didn't know about that! And gold even!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2013, 06:37:26 PM »
This is just like old times. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »
Stadium club coming in 2010 in Lawrence doesn't hold candle to the west stadium center, doesn't even come close and that is ku's ceiling.  What a pud stadium

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2013, 06:39:37 PM »
Lol, she didn't run in the finals

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
Stadium club coming in 2010 in Lawrence doesn't hold candle to the west stadium center, doesn't even come close and that is ku's ceiling.  What a pud stadium

Why would that be KU's ceiling?  How did you reach that conclusion? 

:confused:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2013, 06:44:53 PM »

Oh my God she didn't! Good scoop, kim carnes!

Although Dixon and Keshia Baker didn’t run Saturday, they got medals as part of the semifinal team.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/13/3760800/ku-gold-medalist-dixon-welcomed.html#storylink=cpy

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »

Because reality is what matters, not your dream world arguement about what would happen if you tore both stadiums to the ground and had unlimited funds to start over.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »

She ran Lennay's leg.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2013, 06:51:54 PM »

Logic

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »
I love it that Beems' only redeeming quality for KU's stadium has nothing to do with the stadium itself. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »

Because reality is what matters, not your dream world arguement about what would happen if you tore both stadiums to the ground and had unlimited funds to start over.

Well reality is that Memorial Stadium is going to be renovated and improved within the next few years.  They'll probably start construction shortly after the new Rock Chalk Sports complex is built.  I haven't seen renderings yet, but I assume that they will be nice.  K-State's football stadium looks like it's going to be unreal, so the bar is set really high for KU.   

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2013, 06:59:37 PM »

Remember when he was in that one good movie once (usual suspects), thats kind of like his 2008!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »
Stephen Baldwin invented duck lips photos

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2013, 07:10:49 PM »
And then the rest of the cast was mu and ou was kevin spacey.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2013, 07:13:21 PM »
  K-State's football stadium looks like it's going to be unreal

Really?  All I see is sheep and weird robert

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2013, 07:50:22 PM »
I've been to a few games at Memorial. It's kind of neat in all honesty. Parking and tailgating are a nightmare, but regardless.