Author Topic: "The Weis Plan"  (Read 30899 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: "The Weis Plan"
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »
The KU football upgrades when (if) completed will still be behind KSU's already being built facilities.

The only way that would be possible is if you relocated your stadium to Lawrence.  As of right now, you've got a big, concrete hole on the outskirts of Manhattan.  I mean I guess it's cool if you like tailgating in the middle of a parking lot surrounded by sheep pens.

Tailgating at KU games is far worse than at K-State games, but you are doing a great job of trolling.  Also, :AA:

When I was in school ('04-'08), it was no contest.  K-State used to send its students in by the boatloads just so they could spend a weekend in Lawrence.  Maybe that changed once KU started sucking ass and taint in football... I don't know.  What I do know is that KU's stadium is in a much nicer location, and it has the potential to be absolutely amazing.  I mean just look at this setting:

:love:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »
Guys, maybe I am not seeing the big pic, or maybe I just don't care to, but when someone brags about "the Olympic" sports, it makes me think that they are bragging about something as meaningless and worthless as hackysack or Frisbee while we are all extra dominate at football and basketball and stuff.

Am I looking at this wrong? 

Also, is high jump an Olympic sport?  It seems like we regularly kick complete ass at things like this even though it seems like it doesn't matter one rough ridin' bit as far as college athletics, money, and fans go.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »
The KU football upgrades when (if) completed will still be behind KSU's already being built facilities.

The only way that would be possible is if you relocated your stadium to Lawrence.  As of right now, you've got a big, concrete hole on the outskirts of Manhattan.  I mean I guess it's cool if you like tailgating in the middle of a parking lot surrounded by sheep pens.

Tailgating at KU games is far worse than at K-State games, but you are doing a great job of trolling.  Also, :AA:

When I was in school ('04-'08), it was no contest.  K-State used to send its students in by the boatloads just so they could spend a weekend in Lawrence.  Maybe that changed once KU started sucking ass and taint in football... I don't know.  What I do know is that KU's stadium is in a much nicer location, and it has the potential to be absolutely amazing.  I mean just look at this setting:

I like how you cropped out all of the empty seats out of the "setting"
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:20 PM »
I bet that if KU didn't rent their field out to Lawrence Free State for all their home games they wouldn't have broken even this year.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2013, 01:09:23 PM »
That setting looks just like any other non-elite school's setting would if their track/fb field was right on campus.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2013, 01:09:39 PM »
KSU is consistently ranked much higher than ku's.  It really isn't close.  KSU's is most likely best in conf.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2013, 01:10:03 PM »

All the people are out enjoying the setting.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »
Guys, maybe I am not seeing the big pic, or maybe I just don't care to, but when someone brags about "the Olympic" sports, it makes me think that they are bragging about something as meaningless and worthless as hackysack or Frisbee while we are all extra dominate at football and basketball and stuff.

Am I looking at this wrong? 

Also, is high jump an Olympic sport?  It seems like we regularly kick complete ass at things like this even though it seems like it doesn't matter one rough ridin' bit as far as college athletics, money, and fans go.

Holy crap... is this guy serious?

:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
#20straightconferencelosses fan is really flailing now. 

The timeline of facilities improvements over the last 20 years matches the reality of the situation.   No LHC Bill Snyder, no K-State improvements, ku doesn't even have their brief moment of glory a few years ago, because the big money at ku has to have their arm twisted to care about football.   

Cheyenne is trying to cobble together a financial plan that's being met with raised eyebrows because he likely won't get any more state backed bonds for the foreseeable future, at least not for facilities for non revenue sports, and he needs the private money to do all the stuff for the revenue generating sports. 

ku football finishing $5 million in the red is a fact, ku athletics reporting $0 in net revenue for FY2012 is a fact.

A stand alone track at ku has been discussed for decades, the "athletic village" has had architectural designs gathing dust for nearly a decade now.  Taking the track out of the football stadium has been discussed on and off since the early 90's. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2013, 01:11:40 PM »
DR Pep in FB

15-2 in BB & tied for first in conf as I type  :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2013, 01:12:30 PM »
Can any KSU students from 04-08 tell me about KSU forced busing students to Lawrence?  Sounds awful.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »

The name under the video board just add to the scenic atmosphere. When is he getting out of Jail?
RIP Fatty

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2013, 01:15:28 PM »
#20straightconferencelosses fan is really flailing now. 

The timeline of facilities improvements over the last 20 years matches the reality of the situation.   No LHC LHC Bill Snyder, no K-State improvements, ku doesn't even have their brief moment of glory a few years ago, because the big money at ku has to have their arm twisted to care about football.   

Cheyenne is trying to cobble together a financial plan that's being met with raised eyebrows because he likely won't get any more state backed bonds for the foreseeable future, at least not for facilities for non revenue sports, and he needs the private money to do all the stuff for the revenue generating sports. 

ku football finishing $5 million in the red is a fact, ku athletics reporting $0 in net revenue for FY2012 is a fact.

A stand alone track at ku has been discussed for decades, the "athletic village" has had architectural designs gathing dust for nearly a decade now.  Taking the track out of the football stadium has been discussed on and off since the early 90's.

Yeah, it's long overdue.  So are K-State's facilities improvements.  Your basketball program didn't get it together until Huggins was hired in '06. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2013, 01:17:23 PM »
See, I don't dispute that.  Since building OOD they were asleep.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »

The name under the video board just add to the scenic atmosphere. When is he getting out of Jail?

There's a new video board now, and I have no idea about Kivisto's legal troubles.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »
DR Pep in FB

15-2 in BB & tied for first in conf as I type  :dunno:

:lol:

Try winning 12 games in football, a BCS Bowl, and going 37-3 and winning a national championship in basketball.  Then you will know "dominance."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2013, 01:21:08 PM »
Lol, getting bad in here now.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »

There's a new video board now, and I have no idea about Kivisto's legal troubles.

So you cut the scenic atmosphere (that dump's only redeeming quality) in half?
RIP Fatty

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2013, 01:26:47 PM »
Beems, I really like the new'ish vid board.  It is much better than the really old one. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2013, 01:27:03 PM »

No, they expanded the video board.  The setting is still behind it.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »

No, they expanded the video board.  The setting is still behind it.

But you can't see it.
RIP Fatty

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2013, 01:30:03 PM »
I hope KU gets it turned around. Having a couple elite level football teams in the state similar to our two elite level basketball teams would be fantastic.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »
Those are great views Beems.  Amazing what you can see when you don't need to put seats on one end of the field!  Not to mention, having that chain link fence visible from the field probably makes the Kansas HS prospects feel right at home.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »
I hope KU gets it turned around. Having a couple elite level football teams in the state similar to our two elite level basketball teams would be fantastic.

Weiss is the guy.  6-8 years and operation win, code name TSC will be off and running

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »

Weiss is the guy.  6-8 years and operation win, code name TSC will be off and running

This is so true, just hope what he said is not true and that he is leaving after year 5 no matter what.
RIP Fatty