Author Topic: "The Weis Plan"  (Read 30904 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: "The Weis Plan"
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2013, 12:17:27 AM »
Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Wasn't it just an almost exact copy of KSU's but smaller?  It's time to upgrade

Nah, it's bigger than K-State's old press box. 

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:23:34 AM by OregonSmock »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2013, 12:33:37 AM »
They have stuff from 2001 guys  :lol:

Our football complex was just completed in 2008.  The press box is still pretty nice, imo:

They might renovate the suites again, but I think the biggest thing is removing the track, lowering the field, and adding a second press box to the East side of the stadium.

Nice box big screen tv, my Uncle had a good one like that in 1993. Also is that, maybe, 6 inches of leg room in the seats?

The picture was taken back when it was first renovated (2001).  Damn... some of you guys are dense.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2013, 12:39:53 AM »

Our football complex was just completed in 2008.  The press box is still pretty nice, imo:

They might renovate the suites again, but I think the biggest thing is removing the track, lowering the field, and adding a second press box to the East side of the stadium.

Nice box big screen tv, my Uncle had a good one like that in 1993. Also is that, maybe, 6 inches of leg room in the seats?

The picture was taken back when it was first renovated (2001).  Damn... some of you guys are dense.

Just stating the obvious beems. Those tube T.V.'s hanging from the ceiling look pretty nice tho.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2013, 12:48:09 AM »
KU football fans must dream.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2013, 08:07:43 AM »
Sounds like some exciting things in the future for #20straightconferencelosses fans.

'grats!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2013, 09:21:06 AM »
Guys, it's fun to compare what they built 11 years ago to what we built like 40 years ago.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2013, 09:31:29 AM »
It is pretty crazy to think we just imploded a press box that was less than 20 years old that had suites, and a decent press level and large presidential and AD's suites/boxes.    I remember when it was first built and other schools were coming in to walk through it.   It was one of the first press boxes/suites of its kind . . . most other Big 8/12 schools really didn't have anything like it for another 4 or 5 years.   

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2013, 10:18:25 AM »
Pretty much trend setters, and now we are setting the bar much higher again.  So blessed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2013, 10:34:12 AM »
Pretty much trend setters, and now we are setting the bar much higher again.  So blessed.

The thing that really has to make you feel good is all the amazing TSC'ing we've done.   Without K-State football taking the bold steps it took back in the early 90's.   Basketball Bob Fredrick may have held on for years more as the AD for #20straightconferencelosses . . . they simply wouldn't have cared one bit about football.   We forced them to upgrade across the board and it paid off for them for a short while.   Now #20straightconferencelosses fans may have more good things to look forward to, as K-State boldly moves the instate paradigm again.  Albeit, I am hearing rumblings that the financal plan for the new track at #20straightconferencelosses is getting some scrutiny.   It's tough, they showed $0 dollars of net revenue for FY 2012, and their football program operated at a $5 plus million dollar loss for FY 2012.   So T's and P's Cheyenne Zulu. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »

Note the seat turned away from the playing field. I'm surprised there aren't more.

The picture there was taken during a game so nobody was there to turn them away.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: "The Weis Plan"
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2013, 11:37:22 AM »

Note the seat turned away from the playing field. I'm surprised there aren't more.

The picture there was taken during a game so nobody was there to turn them away.

lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2013, 12:13:55 PM »
Check out that view of a hill though!  :love:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2013, 12:32:38 PM »

The thing that really has to make you feel good is all the amazing TSC'ing we've done.   Without K-State football taking the bold steps it took back in the early 90's.   Basketball Bob Fredrick may have held on for years more as the AD for #20straightconferencelosses . . . they simply wouldn't have cared one bit about football.   We forced them to upgrade across the board and it paid off for them for a short while.   Now #20straightconferencelosses fans may have more good things to look forward to, as K-State boldly moves the instate paradigm again.  Albeit, I am hearing rumblings that the financal plan for the new track at #20straightconferencelosses is getting some scrutiny.   It's tough, they showed $0 dollars of net revenue for FY 2012, and their football program operated at a $5 plus million dollar loss for FY 2012.   So T's and P's Cheyenne Zulu.

Man, I can feel the hate seeping through your keyboard, 'Pad.  It's so transparent.  Funny thing is that it took K-State years to upgrade your basketball facilities, and now you're finally doing it, only five or six years after KU poured $55 million+ dollars into AFH and the adjacent facilities.  Now we're about to pass you in football and the olympic sports, and it's killing you.  As for revenue, we're bringing in $32 million+ annually with the new Big 12 TV contract and our 3rd tier TV rights.  Once football gets rolling, we'll be back to top 10 in athletic revenue in no time.   

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2013, 12:40:54 PM »
The KU football upgrades when (if) completed will still be behind KSU's already being built facilities.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »

Man, I can feel the hate seeping through your keyboard, 'Pad.  It's so transparent.  Funny thing is that it took K-State years to upgrade your basketball facilities, and now you're finally doing it, only five or six years after KU poured $55 million+ dollars into AFH and the adjacent facilities.  Now we're about to pass you in football and the olympic sports, and it's killing you.  As for revenue, we're bringing in $32 million+ annually with the new Big 12 TV contract and our 3rd tier TV rights.  Once football gets rolling, we'll be back to top 10 in athletic revenue in no time.   

Good Dax kusock imitation BWM.
RIP Fatty

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »
The KU football upgrades when (if) completed will still be behind KSU's already being built facilities.

Exactly, a new mobile home fresh off the line is still not any better than a mansion that is 100 years old and never updated.
RIP Fatty

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »

The only way that would be possible is if you relocated your stadium to Lawrence.  As of right now, you've got a big, concrete hole on the outskirts of Manhattan.  I mean I guess it's cool if you like tailgating in the middle of a parking lot surrounded by sheep pens.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »
I mean I guess it's cool if you like tailgating in the middle of a parking lot surrounded by sheep pens.

I do

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2013, 12:49:56 PM »

The only way that would be possible is if you relocated your stadium to Lawrence.  As of right now, you've got a big, concrete hole on the outskirts of Manhattan.  I mean I guess it's cool if you like tailgating in the middle of a parking lot surrounded by sheep pens.

Tailgating at KU games is far worse than at K-State games, but you are doing a great job of trolling.  Also, :AA:
:adios:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
Now we're about to pass you in football and the olympic sports, and it's killing you.   

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/nov/13/oread-residents-hope-flush-portable-toilets-out-ne/

RIP Fatty

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2013, 12:57:38 PM »
It's tough to even troll while in middle of 20 while KSU has Dr. Pep

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2013, 01:00:07 PM »
It's tough to even troll while in middle of 20 while KSU has Dr. Pep
and throwing oranges at us that expired in 2007. I mean, gross BMW.
RIP Fatty