Author Topic: Flu  (Read 21645 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Flu
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »
I really only call it the flu if I'm vomiting uncontrollably. A body ache, fever, and runny nose seems like more of a cold to me, though the fever might give it a different category. Is this wrong?

Well, according to the flu test administered at Minute Clinic, this is the flu. I haven't felt like vomiting but I don't have an appetite.

Possible alternative diagnosis---->pussy with bad genes. 

Speaking of bad genes, have you fixed your bowel issues?

That was just a one day thing because I ate way too much Metamucil Clear and Natural.  It isn't either of those two things.  Actually further evidence of dynamite ultra genes on my part.  Pretty sure that dose would have killed at least 30-40% of posters here.  I live so others don't have to.

What were you trying to do, pass a drug test?

Man, what kind of drug tests are you taking john dougie?  If somebody is going through your bms because they're looking for evidence of drug use then they're just lying to you.  Probably just into poop or something weird like that.  I advise you cut contact with that person or persons immediately. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/05/david-eckert-enema-colonoscopy-drugs-traffic-stop_n_4218320.html

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »
How does that procedure come about?  I mean jfc, I would think an x-ray would be enough.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »
I am so so very sick. Cannot stop barfing someone send help.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

The Big Train

« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2014, 08:43:23 PM »
I am so so very sick. Cannot stop barfing someone send help.

Sorry to hear that TBJ. Hopefully this helps http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=30216.msg986454#msg986454

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2014, 08:10:25 AM »
I am really just getting to a good spot after coming down with the flu on Christmas night (sd, before you go accusing me of being sick with something else, let me say that it was confirmed by doctors). It was a real bitch to go through the rest of the holidays and be sick AF. Didn't get the flu shot this year because I was traveling the week the nurse was administering the shots.

I am curious if ksuduece's wife got the flu last year or not.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »
Congratulations dobber, you're pregnant!
:adios:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »
Congratulations dobber, you're pregnant!
IT WAS CONFIRMED BY DOCTORS! :chainsaw: :curse:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2014, 09:56:27 AM »
I am really just getting to a good spot after coming down with the flu on Christmas night (sd, before you go accusing me of being sick with something else, let me say that it was confirmed by doctors). It was a real bitch to go through the rest of the holidays and be sick AF. Didn't get the flu shot this year because I was traveling the week the nurse was administering the shots.

if you had gastrointestinal problems you didn't have influenza. if you did and the doctor told you that you had influenza I'd start looking for a new doctor asap.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »
Also, the flu shot only lasts 3 months. a lot of people get it in like August or September and then it's completely wore out by the time the flu really starts getting around. but, if you get the nasal spray live virus it lasts 12 months. BUT, the nasal spray has a small chance of actually giving you the flu.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »

if you had gastrointestinal problems you didn't have influenza. if you did and the doctor told you that you had influenza I'd start looking for a new doctor asap.

"stomach flu" = you ate some dookie

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »
"stomach flu" = you ate some dookie

yup.  time to change the toothbrush head

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2014, 10:04:37 AM »
Also, the flu shot only lasts 3 months. a lot of people get it in like August or September and then it's completely wore out by the time the flu really starts getting around. but, if you get the nasal spray live virus it lasts 12 months. BUT, the nasal spray has a small chance of actually giving you the flu.
hope you enjoy alzheimers

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2014, 10:14:06 AM »

I always get a flu shot. so I have a reduced risk of alzheimers

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2014, 10:14:45 AM »

my friend johnny hopkins says woof

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2014, 10:18:51 AM »

your friend johnny hopkins wishes you would quit confusing it with your other friend peter doshi

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2014, 10:26:40 AM »
YLA, got a call for you on line one from someone else claiming to be your close personal friend!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »

your friend johnny hopkins wishes you would quit confusing it with your other friend peter doshi
link? (he's also a scientist  :love:)
also how funny is it that its just people guessing what flu its going to be for that season.. so the vaccine you take may not do anything at all.
hopefully the world of medicine evolves a lot in the future.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2014, 10:28:01 AM »
YLA, got a call for you on line one from someone else claiming to be your close personal friend!

is this the girl that fanning is trying to set jdub up with  :love:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2014, 10:28:31 AM »
YLA, a lot of your buds are reposting your most recent facebook post! Seems to be very popular!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2014, 10:32:12 AM »
hey what string of the flu virus do you think its going to be this year?

:dunno:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2014, 11:00:41 AM »

I never said I had any GI problems! I said it was CONFIRMED BY A DOCTOR! THEY DID AN ACTUAL TEST!

I HAD THE FLU!!!!

Offline Reboulet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2014, 11:09:43 AM »
hey what string of the flu virus do you think its going to be this year?

:dunno:

They are called virus strains.

CDC has antigenically characterized 452 influenza viruses, including 398 2009 H1N1 viruses, 46 influenza A (H3N2) viruses, and 8 influenza B viruses, collected since October 1, 2013.

All 398 of the 2009 H1N1 viruses tested were characterized as A/California/7/2009-like. This is the influenza A (H1N1) component of the Northern Hemisphere quadrivalent and trivalent vaccines for the 2013-2014 season.
-- http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/summary.htm

Offline Reboulet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »

The nasal spray will not give you the flu. An injected vaccine is effective for longer than 3 months.

Evidence from some clinical trials indicates that that protection against viruses that are antigenically similar to those contained in the vaccine extends at least for 6–8 months, particularly in nonelderly populations. In some situations, duration of immunity might be longer, and such effects can be detected if circulating influenza virus strains remain antigenically similar for multiple seasons.
-- http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6207a1.htm?s_cid=rr6207a1_w#ImmuneResponseFollowingVaccination

no preferential recommendation is made for LAIV4 (nasal spray) over IIV (injected vaccine) for any age group at this time.
-- http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6207a1.htm?s_cid=rr6207a1_w#AvailableLAIV

If you guys would just read that 48-page CDC document in its entirety it would save me some time.  :shakesfist:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2014, 11:22:42 AM »
protip: be healthy and have a kickass immune system
boom, scienced

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »

The nasal spray will not give you the flu. An injected vaccine is effective for longer than 3 months.

Evidence from some clinical trials indicates that that protection against viruses that are antigenically similar to those contained in the vaccine extends at least for 6–8 months, particularly in nonelderly populations. In some situations, duration of immunity might be longer, and such effects can be detected if circulating influenza virus strains remain antigenically similar for multiple seasons.
-- http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6207a1.htm?s_cid=rr6207a1_w#ImmuneResponseFollowingVaccination

no preferential recommendation is made for LAIV4 (nasal spray) over IIV (injected vaccine) for any age group at this time.
-- http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6207a1.htm?s_cid=rr6207a1_w#AvailableLAIV

If you guys would just read that 48-page CDC document in its entirety it would save me some time.  :shakesfist:

I'm sorry, but all this is incorrect (other than my quoted portion).