• View Profile
Re: Flu
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
I really only call it the flu if I'm vomiting uncontrollably. A body ache, fever, and runny nose seems like more of a cold to me, though the fever might give it a different category. Is this wrong?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Flu
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2013, 03:46:33 PM »
I really only call it the flu if I'm vomiting uncontrollably. A body ache, fever, and runny nose seems like more of a cold to me, though the fever might give it a different category. Is this wrong?

God damn you people with your misdiagnosing of the flu

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2013, 06:06:41 PM »

Well, according to the flu test administered at Minute Clinic, this is the flu. I haven't felt like vomiting but I don't have an appetite.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2013, 06:09:16 PM »

Well, according to the flu test administered at Minute Clinic, this is the flu. I haven't felt like vomiting but I don't have an appetite.

Possible alternative diagnosis---->pussy with bad genes. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »

Speaking of bad genes, have you fixed your bowel issues?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2013, 06:29:44 PM »

That was just a one day thing because I ate way too much Metamucil Clear and Natural.  It isn't either of those two things.  Actually further evidence of dynamite ultra genes on my part.  Pretty sure that dose would have killed at least 30-40% of posters here.  I live so others don't have to. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »

That was just a one day thing because I ate way too much Metamucil Clear and Natural.  It isn't either of those two things.  Actually further evidence of dynamite ultra genes on my part.  Pretty sure that dose would have killed at least 30-40% of posters here.  I live so others don't have to.

What were you trying to do, pass a drug test?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »

What were you trying to do, pass a drug test?

Man, what kind of drug tests are you taking john dougie?  If somebody is going through your bms because they're looking for evidence of drug use then they're just lying to you.  Probably just into poop or something weird like that.  I advise you cut contact with that person or persons immediately. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2013, 02:36:06 PM »
my wife and child have both been sick at least twice each this winter, and my badass immune system is still holding strong.  one day i thought i was getting a fever, but it was either sympathy pains or my immune system mushed it to hell.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2013, 01:58:47 AM »
welp.  (baby)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »
The wife is trying to tell me she can get the flu that I have by giving me a hummer, so I need some expert analysis from our super intelligent and rich posters at gE. Is it true, or is she just being a bitch?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2013, 12:26:03 AM »
The wife is trying to tell me she can get the flu that I have by giving me a hummer, so I need some expert analysis from our super intelligent and rich posters at gE. Is it true, or is she just being a bitch?

I suspect it's not true. That said, I have never given anyone a hummer, much less someone who has the flu, so maybe I'm wrong. Just tell her to hum on, and I guess she'll/you'll/we'll find out.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:29:31 AM by bones129 »

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2013, 12:53:48 AM »
Never had the flu.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2013, 08:17:37 AM »

I suspect it's not true. That said, I have never given anyone a hummer, much less someone who has the flu, so maybe I'm wrong. Just tell her to hum on, and I guess she'll/you'll/we'll find out.

Wikipedia doesn't think you can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_prevention#Influenza_transmission

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
shut up guys

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2013, 09:10:22 PM »
 :excited:  It is rough ridin' on! 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2013, 12:21:36 AM »
 :runaway:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2013, 12:50:37 AM »
Please take non-flu discussion to the vomiting thread.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »
Healthy diet and exercise go along way you guys. Garlic and honey also help.

Good luck.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2013, 10:55:24 AM »
I took a bunch of tylenol and aleve and then had some McDonald's.  No more fever or barfing since.  My body still aches something fierce tho.

Offline Reboulet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2013, 10:57:23 AM »
Influenza = fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, muscle aches

Stomach flu = catch-all term for nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, most commonly caused by norovirus

Wikipedia is neat, but you'll get more detailed information from our friends at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/index.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/faq.htm

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »
bread, i think you should have taken more time to wash feces particles off of your hands before touching your eyes or mouth.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2013, 05:01:38 PM »
Got woken up by a roommate's heaves three times last night. I'm doomed.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »
Never had the flu.

I don't think I have either.

Small pox tho.