Author Topic: the wild crusaders of manhattan  (Read 29914 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: the wild crusaders of manhattan
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2013, 12:36:27 AM »

Well done as always, EMADUB. My compliments to you, sir.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2013, 10:35:36 AM »
 :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :excited: :ksu: :bwpopcorn: :eye: :lick: :drool: :drool: :drool: :lynchmob: :thumbs: :ohno: :D :grin: :runaway: :cool:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »
EMAC!!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »
Putting that podcast unveiling on the day of rest seems inappropriate.  EMADUB will get no rest today.  HIS SINS ARE ON YOUR HANDS CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2013, 02:48:24 PM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2013, 05:20:18 PM »
Are they in?  EMADUB let us know.  I feel like we have been chased to a cliff in Nazareth.  Only without knowing the results, we have yet to find out if we are going to be thrown from the cliff or able to slip away, as Jesus did.

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »
Are they in?  EMADUB let us know.  I feel like we have been chased to a cliff in Nazareth.  Only without knowing the results, we have yet to find out if we are going to be thrown from the cliff or able to slip away, as Jesus did.

Jesus, Lazarus, that dead girl, this thread, MCC Mens hoops.

What is the greatest common factor? They were all dead at one point but then WERE RAISED TO LIFE BY A MIRACLE!!!!! As I watched the seconds click off and the Grace Royals rush the court pumping their jerseys towards the student section, a deep sadness entered my heart. Not because our valiant effort at coming back came to a screeching halt, but because my beloved crusaders season looked like it had written its last chapter for the 2012-13 season. But after I made my post on here that night, I decided to check twitter one last time. That is when the rumblings started to happen. The men’s hoops team were being congratulated on making Nationals by their fellow brother and sisters. Nationals???? EMADUB thought this was blasphemy, but in order to fall asleep, I had faith that this could be true.

The next day, as Chi Cat called was no day of rest for this Crusader lover. I investigated and would not believe a single word until the Paul’s Tent Making “We make dang good Tents” NCCAA Division Two Selection Show podcast. Well the podcast was as real as Jesus’ marriage certificate and I was aggravated that I forgot that CCSN was not doing podcasts. So when our athletic feed said that we got an at large, I became as excited as that one time David danced in the streets naked. I was so excited I forgot to post something on here/think of something creative to put. I thank everyone for the complements on my posts but you guys are the true winners because it does not take you 36 hours to come up with great posts. Seriously you all have an amazing gift at BBSing that I wish to one day receive.

So just as my favorite book of the Bible, James extends to 5 chapters, this thread looks like it is also going to be five pages as I will now get to enlighten this board on the Crusader’s journey towards a Division II non-Scholarship National Championship. So be prepared to learn about our opponent and maybe I can get some interviews with the players.

Wanna know something funnier than SNL’s skit of Tim Tebow? We got an 8 seed. AN 8 SEED!!!! That means we were the second best at large. Wanna know which school got the ten seed? Grace…hahaha we just got beat by them and we got them by two seeds…they must have prayed wrong or used the wrong translation of the Word in the Selection Meeting . Coming in at #11as the last team in…Ozark…they must feel like Mathias, who was the disciple that was chosen to replace Judas...

O and we are facing a team that comes from the west coast and put up 144 points one time. So this game is going to have more points than Methuselah’s candles on his last birthday’s unleavened cake.

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »
EMADUB, which one is you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6vqDLwRqQ

If you peer into the grounded level right corner behind the Minecraft head, EMADUb is swinging his arms awkwardly like they were as broke as the criminals legs on the cross.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
the wild crusaders of manhattan
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2013, 06:56:42 PM »

If you peer into the grounded level right corner behind the Minecraft head, EMADUb is swinging his arms awkwardly like they were as broke as the criminals legs on the cross.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As an 8 seed is your game at home in City Auditorium National Cathedral?

Or do all the teams join in pilgrimage to the fabled YMCA of the Ozarks?

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2013, 11:41:38 PM »
As an 8 seed is your game at home in City Auditorium National Cathedral?

Or do all the teams join in pilgrimage to the fabled YMCA of the Ozarks?

The twelve best non scholarship basketball teams in division two of the NdubCdubA all wander through the deserts of America until they make it to the promise land of Springfield Missouri.

Guys I am ready to festival like its 1996( the last time we won it all) and we are in a slump right now in winnin our first round games. I think the last time we won a first round game was like in the BDT (Before Daniel Thomas) days here at MCC.

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2013, 12:38:18 AM »
Hey guys since you all are having a grand ole time looking at disgusting pictures of KU’s jerseys that my filter excommunicates I decided to go troll Multnomah’s Scrolls and man did I get them riled up. I kept asking if the book The Prayer of Jabez hurts the image of Church(one of their teachers wrote that book) and every time they  brought up a valid point I quoted their motto “If it's Bible you want, then you want Multnomah!” Let’s just say that they are going to step two of Matthew 18 and bringing in their president to talk to me.

But seriously let me put on my _Fan robe and give ya some in-depth stats about the Aslan Lions of Multnomah.

Since the tenth of January they have scored 92 points or more and broke the century mark 11 times out of 15 times and currently the streak above 100 is at 6. Usually _Fan puts some weird letters and a percentage so here it goes…Multnomah is literally shooting a JC316% so that is defiantly in their favor. They lead the division two non-scholarship b-ball teams in Points Per Game and Assists and top ten in Three Point Percentage, Free Throw Percentage, and Rebounds. Their Bathsheba ? Defense. They are as bad at defense as Moses was at holding onto the first Ten Commandments. So along with the JC316% comes Multnomah’s CAIN666% so you can interpret those stats however you want.

Prediction: Coming later this week.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2013, 12:40:25 AM »
Please tell me their name is actually the "Aslan Lions".

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2013, 12:54:02 AM »
Hey guys since you all are having a grand ole time looking at disgusting pictures of KU’s jerseys that my filter excommunicates I decided to go troll Multnomah’s Scrolls and man did I get them riled up. I kept asking if the book The Prayer of Jabez hurts the image of Church(one of their teachers wrote that book) and every time they  brought up a valid point I quoted their motto “If it's Bible you want, then you want Multnomah!” Let’s just say that they are going to step two of Matthew 18 and bringing in their president to talk to me.

But seriously let me put on my _Fan robe and give ya some in-depth stats about the Aslan Lions of Multnomah.

Since the tenth of January they have scored 92 points or more and broke the century mark 11 times out of 15 times and currently the streak above 100 is at 6. Usually _Fan puts some weird letters and a percentage so here it goes…Multnomah is literally shooting a JC316% so that is defiantly in their favor. They lead the division two non-scholarship b-ball teams in Points Per Game and Assists and top ten in Three Point Percentage, Free Throw Percentage, and Rebounds. Their Bathsheba ? Defense. They are as bad at defense as Moses was at holding onto the first Ten Commandments. So along with the JC316% comes Multnomah’s CAIN666% so you can interpret those stats however you want.

Prediction: Coming later this week.

Awesome as always, EMADUB.   :thumbs:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2013, 01:08:23 AM »
So this game is going to have more points than Methuselah’s candles on his last birthday’s unleavened cake.

I mean, seriously...   :lol:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2013, 09:40:03 PM »
The main reason we are such a stud team that have won 80%+ of our league games  under our coach and known as an elite basketball school is because we do not yoke ourselves with the ACCA. The ACCA according to my source Wikipedia is “is an organization of collegiate athletics. It was incorporated to provide an opportunity for smaller Christian College members to compete on an equal level of competition with schools of like size.” Basically it’s like the NIT of the NCAA. No one wants to be there and winning a title is like getting a participation ribbon in your 4th grade science fair.

The only good part of the ACCA is that they have their tournament a week before the big awkward Dance so the “best around” teams can sit in their monk caves and interpret the games of interest. You should have already guessed that Ozark is a part of this stupid league, but the other team of importance is Multnomah. Side note, Multnomah is super weird to say out loud.

I would have thought that a team that is as hot as the fires of “h e double hockey sticks” from the field would have cruised through this bracket, but I forgot that defense even wins semi-championships. They LOST their first game 131-115. ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY ONE POINTS!! Did the white witch kill their defense or something? Then they won their second game in a low scoring game 97-94, and then pulled out a squeaker 107-104 to get 5th place in the ACCA. So as some cool kids on this board say…CONFIDENCE RISING!!!!  In their first loss, which I believe is a key one for us to exegete this weekend, they put up 50 3’s and only made 18(lol only). They play their game just like the Bible because their second half(New Testament) is ten times better than the First half(Old Testament if you have not caught on).  In two of their games this weekend they scored 60 and 64 points respectively in the second half.

I feel like I have not related much to the “Shaka Smarts” in this thread very much. By this I mean that the “stat heads” may just find this thread to be full of Bible Comparison Rubbish about a Non-Scholarship Basketball team. Below is a picture of some ADV stats of the Aslan(no Jakesie60 this is not their name but I feel like it brings smiles to peoples faces) Lions. Notes to know before meditating on these stats, they have made 572 threes and they broke the record in 2008/2009 for most 3’s made ever in College Basketball.

Manhattan’s information/the best part is coming up on Monday.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2013, 12:23:07 AM »

This video just convinced one of my students? to go to Christian College... #WhateverItTakes

:grin:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2013, 12:46:45 PM »
EMADUB do you go there? I played there at one point

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2013, 01:20:29 PM »
EMADUB, since I got a mention in this thread (it is fantastic), I took the opportunity to compile the ADV stats for Multnomah. (I would for MCC, but apparently they don't believe in putting their stats on their website).

Total   Pace   PPP   eFG%   TO%   OR%   FTR
Lions   88.8   1.05   51.1%   15.3%   22.7%   26.8%
Opp   88.8   1.07   51.0%   19.8%   39.1%   24.9%

59.2% of their shots are 3s.

A bunch of no defense playing chuckers.

MCC win% = NFm%D. (non-fishermen percentage of the disciples)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2013, 01:38:54 PM »

Straight to the bottom! :tsc:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »
Also, it seems there is a school missing from our TSC emoticon. :dubious:

Offline emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »
EMADUB, since I got a mention in this thread (it is fantastic), I took the opportunity to compile the ADV stats for Multnomah. (I would for MCC, but apparently they don't believe in putting their stats on their website).

Total   Pace   PPP   eFG%   TO%   OR%   FTR
Lions   88.8   1.05   51.1%   15.3%   22.7%   26.8%
Opp   88.8   1.07   51.0%   19.8%   39.1%   24.9%

59.2% of their shots are 3s.

A bunch of no defense playing chuckers.

thenccaa.org might have some stuff on MCC.

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2013, 04:33:59 PM »
EMADUB do you go there? I played there at one point

Yea I dwell in Johnson Hall and attend the greatest bible college in the land.

By "I played there at one point" do you mean you are FOR us or Agaisnt us? Cause if you are for us then who can be against?

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
December 17th,I, EMADUB created this thread to enlighten this elite board on how the wild crusaders were doing. We had lost more games than we had won, and just got piss pounded (but not too much) by a really good D-2 team that had players dunk on us and put their junk in our faces.  Since that first post which was actually just my attempt to bring some joy to a fan base that was being conflicted with the idea of Burn it down, the boys in Navy Blue have won 16 out of the last 20 games and despite the media(CCSN and others) hating us and picking us to not win league, we won the regular season title.  Suck it Christian College Sports Network.

Now, after a heart breaking loss to a hated foe at home, we are sitting at a #8 seed ready to take advantage of our gracious second chance. As you probably have already interpreted, My ADV stats vs _Fans advance stats is like comparing The Gaithers to David’s Harp Playing Ability. I clown suited my self by not doing the possessions correct, my EFG% was 30% more and somehow my FTR% was double of what it should have been. I now will never do statistical exegesis in my dim lited monk cave on the back of ancient parchment while waiting for the pigeons to return the news of the KSU wild wildcats/Baptists game.

6pm. We got the prime time spot on http://www.cbcag.edu/page.aspx?pid=1115  ( I do not promise or give oaths  on anything but rather let my yes’s be yes’s and no’s be no’s so if you are sitting there and thinking hey did EMADUB just send us spam? I  sayeth to you: NO!!, that is not spam but rather the link to watch the MCCers play the sport of basketball at 6pm.)  Hopefully the commentators are as good as they have been. I understand if you have a prior commitment to watching the cats dance their last dance in the fOOD, but just know that if you are having pre-game nerves, nothing cures those nerves better than watching division II non-scholarship basketball.

It has been confirmed on here that MCC does not put stats up online. That is because we do not enslave ourselves to stats but rather find basketball freedom through our hearts. We don’t need no stinking stats to beat the team today. We need our pure awesome hearts to be motivated to beat the Lions that dwell in Oregon.

Did you just skip everything to see my prediction? Awesome… Wild Crusaders 97 Aslan the Grey 91.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:42:26 PM by EMADUB »

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2013, 06:53:31 PM »
57-47 at half WILD CRUSADERS!!!!They have to be less than 30% from deep and they have made our 7th man look like the most loved disciple with 15 points I believe. We gotta tighten up on defence and we could be up 20 if not for some stupid misses. But as I stated in one of my Psalm 119 lengthed post they play a way better second half. Strap your sandals into the foot holds on the camel cause this is going to be a thriller of a finish.

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2013, 08:21:26 PM »
 :excited: :excited: :excited: :grin: :grin: :grin: 120-111!! Outscores 64-63 in the second half? Doesn't matter... Keep on awkward dancing!!! Three people in the twenties was enough to stab the lions right through the heart!!! Since the crusaders have have gotten a second chance I will also give it a second go on ADV stats but what you need to know is that we out boarded them 54-25.
That is a bigger margin than the one in my ESV life size Bible.

More Bible jokes and long recaps coming.
Crusaders, man.