Author Topic: we had _____ and gave it away  (Read 17110 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: we had _____ and gave it away
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »
Last year there was one game over Christmas break, against Howard. It was not packed. The year before, there was a holiday ticket pack sold just like this year. Those games were very much not packed.

But, don't let facts get in your way.

See, this is my biggest worry. It is going to take YEARS for the quantifiable "facts" to show that kstate basketball is dead but it is dying NOW.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »
I am not even close to being anyone's mouthpiece. If you don't want me to give you guys inside info, I won't. It really won't bother me at all.

i think you lie through your teeth on certain issues, but i trust your info on ticket policies and sales.  does kstate double sell tickets on games they know will be sparsely attended?  or should we assume that available tickets means the game(s) have not sold out?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:02:17 PM by sys »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
Frank being gone wasn't necessarily the end of the world, but with basketball in as good of shape as it had been in a long time, we wasted an opportunity to move forward.

We had an opportunity and gave it away

And CC, I know that we are probably over reactionary, but the crowds in Bram can confirm that we are not in the minority.

Gate numbers are very similar this year to gate numbers last year. Opponents in Bramlage have been complete dogshit in the noncon for the last few years, that impacts attendance more than anything. Few people drive from an hour+ away to see USC-Upstate on a Tuesday night or whatever, regardless of who the coach is.

Gate numbers.

So that tells me that sales are down.  If sales aren't down you're going to have to tell me why the tickets were so severely devalued with that ticket pack.  We haven't offered one of those since Huggins and even then I'm pretty sure that didn't include the ku game.

JFC I just realized there are two ticket pack deals.  There is one for the next 3 Christmas break games for $40 including the OSU game.  Last year these games were sold out & packed

Last year there was one game over Christmas break, against Howard. It was not packed. The year before, there was a holiday ticket pack sold just like this year. Those games were very much not packed.

I can't speak to the season ticket seats, but last year (year before?) during winter break didn't they sell a bunch of cheap GA tickets to mostly townies/soldiers and fill up the student section pretty well?
:adios:

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »
Baghdadbobcaptaincrap's avatar has a mouth that looks like a vagine.  :emawkid:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
captaincrap, when it's obvious that Weber is a bad coach, will you tell us we were right?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2012, 05:11:01 PM »
captaincrap, when it's obvious that Weber is a bad coach, will you tell us we were right?

He's going to need a rough ridin' DeLorean. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2012, 05:13:45 PM »
disagree with CC, he threatens to leave

wash, rinse, repeat

:rolleyes:

:jerk:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »
Well well well an entire thread devoted to how big the crowd was for the Howard game.  I'm sure it was a giant conspiracy though, all of us were convinced that Currie was going to run Frank off, it was the day before January after all.  We also knew Currie would make a nightmare hire and attendance would fall off a cliff so Nougat started the thread so we could look back a year later and mock Currie and we all went along.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=18113.0

Also last year, yes they sold the tickets that the students didn't have for $20 I believe.  The didn't give any away to soldiers for that one.  They certainly didn't sell a pack of three games including a Saturday conference game for a total of $40.  They also certainly didn't sell a ticket pack that had 5 games, 3 conference including KU for $200 or whatever it was.  Last year the KU game was $125, This year its $50 for all intents and purposes.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »

I haven't laughed that hard at a post in a while
:adios:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2012, 05:18:28 PM »

Bullshit.  Howard and Missouri were both over break and both packed.  I was there and was stunned at the number of people at that Howard game, of course Mizzou was packed as well.  Baylor was also over break, the Tuesday after the Mizzou game and the attendance for that game sucked.

Obviously your attendance figures on the box scores can't be trusted, so I challenge you to go find the turnstile numbers for Howard and Mizzou and come back on here and apologize for intimating that I'm lying.  Since you won't do that if someone searches the board for the positive Po's thread I'll assure you that the attendance was mentioned.

Missouri game was impressive, i do remember that. It was the weekend after the Cotton Bowl and there was 8-9K there. Pretty good. Howard was much less than that, but still good compared to other noncons last year.

You were intimating that K-State was offering ticket packages which had never been needed before. That was incorrect.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:28:37 PM by captaincrap »

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »

:lol:  :cheers:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »

Mr. Bread, I'm sorry I voted for TheTastyGreek as the best non-EMAW poster over you for last year's CASSYs. I won't make that mistake again.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »
I am not even close to being anyone's mouthpiece. If you don't want me to give you guys inside info, I won't. It really won't bother me at all.

i think you lie through your teeth on certain issues, but i trust your info on ticket policies and sales.  does kstate double sell tickets on games they know will be sparsely attended?  or should we assume that available tickets means the game(s) have not sold out?

Let me guess, sys -- the posts where I say anything bad about Frank or anything halfway good about Currie are the ones where I "lie through my teeth".

I try my best to say whatever I know on here while avoiding getting in trouble.  I might be wrong on things, or you might disagree, but its never my intent to deceive you guys.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2012, 05:40:47 PM »

Bullshit.  Howard and Missouri were both over break and both packed.  I was there and was stunned at the number of people at that Howard game, of course Mizzou was packed as well.  Baylor was also over break, the Tuesday after the Mizzou game and the attendance for that game sucked.

Obviously your attendance figures on the box scores can't be trusted, so I challenge you to go find the turnstile numbers for Howard and Mizzou and come back on here and apologize for intimating that I'm lying.  Since you won't do that if someone searches the board for the positive Po's thread I'll assure you that the attendance was mentioned.

Missouri game was impressive, i do remember that. It was the weekend after the Cotton Bowl and there was 8-9K there. Pretty good. Howard was much less than that, but still good compared to other noncons last year.

You were intimating that K-State was offering ticket packages which had never been needed before. That was incorrect.

The first paragraph was factually incorrect, I guess you're going to ignore the link I posted, thats fine, you have access to the turnstiles theres also photos and video.

Your second paragraph is a strawman.  I have said multiple times that we had ticket packages during huggins, I had one.  We hadn't had packages the previous five seasons.  We haven't had packages that includes the KU game.  All that being said, none of this is the point.  The point is that you keep telling us that sales are similar, but ticket discounts currently being offered are somewhat unprecedented in recent history anyway.  The sales promos aren't echoing your talking point. 

keep spinning

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2012, 05:55:48 PM »
Let me guess, sys -- the posts where I say anything bad about Frank or anything halfway good about Currie are the ones where I "lie through my teeth".

I try my best to say whatever I know on here while avoiding getting in trouble.  I might be wrong on things, or you might disagree, but its never my intent to deceive you guys.

not just those.

lots of people don't intend to deceive, or at least convince themselves they aren't intentionally deceiving.  but humans are amazing at rationalizing their own actions and thoughts.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2012, 05:57:54 PM »
The first paragraph was factually incorrect, I guess you're going to ignore the link I posted, thats fine, you have access to the turnstiles theres also photos and video.

Your second paragraph is a strawman.  I have said multiple times that we had ticket packages during huggins, I had one.  We hadn't had packages the previous five seasons.  We haven't had packages that includes the KU game.  All that being said, none of this is the point.  The point is that you keep telling us that sales are similar, but ticket discounts currently being offered are somewhat unprecedented in recent history anyway.  The sales promos aren't echoing your talking point. 

keep spinning

Theres nothing to spin, my man. Sales are in fact similar. Ticket packages, both for break games and multi games, have been offered before. Usually those are planned out well in advance, normally in the late Spring when marketing materials are being designed. They are planned before any tickets are sold to general public. They are as much a reaction to the previous year's attendance and sales as anything else. Main difference is the KU game being added, and that was already being discussed as an option before Frank left.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:03:14 PM by captaincrap »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »
I don't believe that last sentence at all.  Why would you one year sell out of a single game ticket for $125 then the next year offer the same ticket in a discount package without thinking there would be a factor that would severely effect sales?  The economy is recovering.  I don't believe it because I can't believe that anyone in the AD would even consider such a horrendous business decision.

With one glaring exception this administration has been great with business decisions.  If this was really proposed when Frank was still here I hope the person that suggested it received a reprimand or was sent to a sales professional development seminar or something.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
I don't believe that last sentence at all.  Why would you one year sell out of a single game ticket for $125 then the next year offer the same ticket in a discount package without thinking there would be a factor that would severely effect sales?  The economy is recovering.  I don't believe it because I can't believe that anyone in the AD would even consider such a horrendous business decision.

With one glaring exception this administration has been great with business decisions.  If this was really proposed when Frank was still here I hope the person that suggested it received a reprimand or was sent to a sales professional development seminar or something.

Oh please. Its a couple hundred seats. Its a different way to get people to fill the place up. People that can't afford season tickets and arent students would like to go to the KU game too -- they always complain to the dept about the lack of tiered pricing. So you kill two birds, fill in the gaps in multiple games and open it up to new fans.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »
Do Chitty and Schultz even show up for games

Is there somebody reading the newspaper behind Weber?

:lol:
"He's in Shape !"

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2012, 08:50:25 PM »

Oh please. Its a couple hundred seats. Its a different way to get people to fill the place up. People that can't afford season tickets and arent students would like to go to the KU game too -- they always complain to the dept about the lack of tiered pricing. So you kill two birds, fill in the gaps in multiple games and open it up to new fans.

So you think lowering the value of a ticket well below what the market dictates because some don't want to pay the market price is good policy?  woof. CC give me the hookup with some westside club seats. I loved macroecon, Roger Trenary was a stud, you must have had some pud grad student, ts & ps

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »
Roger Trenary was a stud

lol, great name drop.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2012, 12:10:23 AM »
I think the board bombarding on CC is evidence enough on how bad it has got around here in a hurry  :frown:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2012, 12:34:52 AM »

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2012, 12:40:04 AM »

"Goddamn it, Auburn. Answer my calls. I can't barf up any more pimento and cheese sandwiches, it's bad for my stomach lining."