Author Topic: we had _____ and gave it away  (Read 17114 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: we had _____ and gave it away
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
When I was a student in late '90's, to ensure you could get fb student tix you had to buy bb tix. How many yrs until back there?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2012, 09:41:56 PM »
I can assure you Trim does not go and have it scanned then leave

Yeah, I said it was not directed at Trim. I just quoted him because he said he debated not purchasing tickets to prove a point and I feel like some students are going and scanning tickets then leaving to prove a point. No point gets proven when your ticket gets scanned, though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »

To be fair, I left the Gonzaga game at the last tv timeout after a drunken, profanity-laced rant directed at oscar 25 feet away.

Just fill in "Florida" for Gonzaga and you have my saturday night

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: we had _____ and gave it away
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »
When I was a student in late '90's, to ensure you could get fb student tix you had to buy bb tix. How many yrs until back there?

I think that is true about icat still
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »

Yeah, I said it was not directed at Trim. I just quoted him because he said he debated not purchasing tickets to prove a point and I feel like some students are going and scanning tickets then leaving to prove a point. No point gets proven when your ticket gets scanned, though.

It wasn't even that not buying tickets would prove a point.  It's that I didn't want my buying tickets - done because I love K-State basketball and the returning players on the team except Will and Nino - to be used as evidence that I support Currie/oscar.  I knew it would happen, and ultimately decided I'd support the "good players" (returners that aren't Will and Nino) while making my true feelings known from inside fOOD.

Probably a waste of $800+.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »

To be fair, I left the Gonzaga game at the last tv timeout after a drunken, profanity-laced rant directed at oscar 25 feet away.

Just fill in "Florida" for Gonzaga and you have my saturday night

:emawkid:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2012, 09:47:05 PM »
Good thing I was off the board all day.  Don't really have the time/patience right now to respond to each of cc's posts individually, I'm guessing I'd come off pretty nutty (lol).

he's ridiculous.  there's nothing left to do but lol @ him.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2012, 09:48:20 PM »

again, none of them are trying to prove any point. they just don't want to go to games other than the ku one. go and scan and leave because they would just rather go do other things. can't say i blame them.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »
Well, we know that Will Spradling instigated this "mass walk out". Does this make him more to blame than Currie and Frank? I think it does. Did some pimply squeaky-voiced teenager just single-handedly destroy K-State basketball?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2012, 09:53:40 PM »
Well, we know that Will Spradling instigated this "mass walk out". Does this make him more to blame than Currie and Frank? I think it does. Did some pimply squeaky-voiced teenager just single-handedly destroy K-State basketball?

Yep. Assoc AD in the making. And completely bullshit that an AD would allow his hand to be forced by a handfull of players.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2012, 09:55:58 PM »
Good thing I was off the board all day.  Don't really have the time/patience right now to respond to each of cc's posts individually, I'm guessing I'd come off pretty nutty (lol).

he's ridiculous.  there's nothing left to do but lol @ him.

I was going back and forth between the chat and the board during the game, saw CC enter the fray on page 2 or whatever and asked the chat'rs how it turned out.  8mp meh'd it, but I read through anyway.  rough ridin' amazing.  8mp doesn't know comedy, and probably lost his spot on the fattyfestfest dais tonight.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2012, 10:01:46 PM »
Do Chitty and Schultz even show up for games

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »
Do Chitty and Schultz even show up for games

Is there somebody reading the newspaper behind Weber?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2012, 02:12:20 AM »

I think that is true about icat still

yap.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
we had _____ and gave it away
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2012, 04:49:36 AM »
Morbid curiosity, if you had to choose just one of these two choices, which is the biggest reason why these things listed in this thread are gone: because Frank is gone, or because oscar is here?

oscar. No question. I was willing to roll the dice and stay engaged, but when Currie showed he wasn't willing to roll the dice for the program, I was out. Haven't watched a game yet this year. Not out of anger. Just pure apathy. We hired a proven loser fresh from the loser-bake oven. If Currie doesn't give a crap, why should I?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2012, 06:45:44 AM »
Being on team burnitdown has been tougher than I thought it would.  Just fraught with conflicting emotions.  Might try willing myself into believing this.

Pretty much any player considered to be a good player for us was intending to transfer.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2012, 07:58:43 AM »
Being on team burnitdown has been tougher than I thought it would.  Just fraught with conflicting emotions.  Might try willing myself into believing this.

Pretty much any player considered to be a good player for us was intending to transfer.

Don't, because this has nothing to do with that.  Even if the players transfering theory were true (still believe it's somewhere in the middle - like Will and someone else intended to transfer, Currie asked a couple others and they said "maybe"), that threat ended when Frank left.  This is about Currie taking the week after Frank left, locking himself in a Dallas hotel room, giving some of KSU Athletic's money to his friend for doing no work, then hiring a proven loser in oscar Weber.

That's the other thing I'm shocked hasn't gotten more play than it has.  Currie, our penny-pinching accountant, gave tens-of-thousands of dollars of KSU's money to his friend for doing absolutly nothing constructive for KSU athletics.   
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2012, 02:40:16 PM »
the whole JC got strong armed by a snot nosed kid into this decision and had to move quickly to appease said snot nosed kid is so  :confused: :embarrassed: :confused:

is JC that much of a spineless loser? 

i just wish this info wasn't coming from JC's mouthpiece so i could blow it off as unbelievable   :facepalm:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2012, 03:50:56 PM »
the whole JC got strong armed by a snot nosed kid into this decision and had to move quickly to appease said snot nosed kid is so  :confused: :embarrassed: :confused:

i just wish this info wasn't coming from JC's mouthpiece so i could blow it off as unbelievable   :facepalm:

I can't get over how the tucks openly support the idea of this happening, and see it as something that needed to be happening rather than a kid bitching because he is a coward.  Especially when they spend so much time talking about how easy, lazy, and wimpy the current youth is today(insert tuck difficulty growing up story).  I mean, if the exact same thing happened to Bill instead of Frank, there would be a whole family of ultra high pitch voiced ultra pale ppl that would no longer be welcome in the state and receiving death threats that discuss stomping mudholes and stuff. 

Completely baffles me.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
Frank being gone wasn't necessarily the end of the world, but with basketball in as good of shape as it had been in a long time, we wasted an opportunity to move forward.

We had an opportunity and gave it away

And CC, I know that we are probably over reactionary, but the crowds in Bram can confirm that we are not in the minority.

Gate numbers are very similar this year to gate numbers last year. Opponents in Bramlage have been complete dogshit in the noncon for the last few years, that impacts attendance more than anything. Few people drive from an hour+ away to see USC-Upstate on a Tuesday night or whatever, regardless of who the coach is.

Gate numbers.

So that tells me that sales are down.  If sales aren't down you're going to have to tell me why the tickets were so severely devalued with that ticket pack.  We haven't offered one of those since Huggins and even then I'm pretty sure that didn't include the ku game.

JFC I just realized there are two ticket pack deals.  There is one for the next 3 Christmas break games for $40 including the OSU game.  Last year these games were sold out & packed

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »
The feb games will be telling.  Attendance will prob spike in January since it is the beginning of conf.  Feb will be when ppl will be there because they like the product or the place will be empty because #TeamBurnItDown will have been proven correct.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2012, 04:37:52 PM »
Frank being gone wasn't necessarily the end of the world, but with basketball in as good of shape as it had been in a long time, we wasted an opportunity to move forward.

And CC, I know that we are probably over reactionary, but the crowds in Bram can confirm that we are not in the minority.

Gate numbers are very similar this year to gate numbers last year. Opponents in Bramlage have been complete dogshit in the noncon for the last few years, that impacts attendance more than anything. Few people drive from an hour+ away to see USC-Upstate on a Tuesday night or whatever, regardless of who the coach is.

Gate numbers.

So that tells me that sales are down.  If sales aren't down you're going to have to tell me why the tickets were so severely devalued with that ticket pack.  We haven't offered one of those since Huggins and even then I'm pretty sure that didn't include the ku game.

JFC I just realized there are two ticket pack deals.  There is one for the next 3 Christmas break games for $40 including the OSU game.  Last year these games were sold out & packed

Last year there was one game over Christmas break, against Howard. It was not packed. The year before, there was a holiday ticket pack sold just like this year. Those games were very much not packed.

But, don't let facts get in your way.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »

I am not even close to being anyone's mouthpiece. If you don't want me to give you guys inside info, I won't. It really won't bother me at all.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2012, 04:46:54 PM »
disagree with CC, he threatens to leave

wash, rinse, repeat

:rolleyes:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »

Gate numbers.

Last year there was one game over Christmas break, against Howard. It was not packed. The year before, there was a holiday ticket pack sold just like this year. Those games were very much not packed.

But, don't let facts get in your way.

Bullshit.  Howard and Missouri were both over break and both packed.  I was there and was stunned at the number of people at that Howard game, of course Mizzou was packed as well.  Baylor was also over break, the Tuesday after the Mizzou game and the attendance for that game sucked.

Obviously your attendance figures on the box scores can't be trusted, so I challenge you to go find the turnstile numbers for Howard and Mizzou and come back on here and apologize for intimating that I'm lying.  Since you won't do that if someone searches the board for the positive Po's thread I'll assure you that the attendance was mentioned.