Author Topic: A Reason to Hope  (Read 4406 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: A Reason to Hope
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 07:06:55 PM »
i think weber can definitely turn it around in the sense that kstate can/will play much better bball.  but, turning it around in the sense of making the tournament is going to be really hard.  there just aren't many opportunities for good wins on the schedule.  i'd think, just off the top of my head, that the absolute minimum he's going to need would be 2-3 against uf, ku and osu.  and that would assume a pretty good record against second tier conference teams.  even assuming substantial improvement, i just don't see it as likely.

admittedly, the schedule and conference weakness do him no favors, it isn't all just how bad he has the team playing early in the year.

yes, great post

Not a fan of the schedule. Needed more middleweights, instead of just heavyweights and lightweights. And the conf RPI is going to be awful. Resume will be mighty thin regardless of improvement.

look at cc...setting the table. NOPE!

:confused:

you are setting the table for the "made improvements even though we missed the tourny" talking point.  if we miss the tourny no improvements were made no matter how low he sunk us out the gates. you know that. I take this team to the tourny. You take this team to the tourny. uncoached this team goes to the tourny.

Lol, no master plan. Sorry. Just my personal opinion.

you could take this team to the tourny though.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 07:08:57 PM »
i think weber can definitely turn it around in the sense that kstate can/will play much better bball.  but, turning it around in the sense of making the tournament is going to be really hard.  there just aren't many opportunities for good wins on the schedule.  i'd think, just off the top of my head, that the absolute minimum he's going to need would be 2-3 against uf, ku and osu.  and that would assume a pretty good record against second tier conference teams.  even assuming substantial improvement, i just don't see it as likely.

admittedly, the schedule and conference weakness do him no favors, it isn't all just how bad he has the team playing early in the year.

yes, great post

Not a fan of the schedule. Needed more middleweights, instead of just heavyweights and lightweights. And the conf RPI is going to be awful. Resume will be mighty thin regardless of improvement.

you are setting the table for the "made improvements even though we missed the tourny" talking point.  if we miss the tourny no improvements were made no matter how low he sunk us out the gates. you know that. I take this team to the tourny. You take this team to the tourny. uncoached this team goes to the tourny.

Well, thats not fair because I am super talented at just about everything.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 07:10:40 PM »

good teams aren't worried about schedule/conference weaknesses. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »

yes, great post

Well, thats not fair because I am super talented at just about everything.

damnit, assumed you weren't. IMAGINE YOU AREN'T. you still would!

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
you are setting the table for the "made improvements even though we missed the tourny" talking point.

This makes me think you are under the impression that I am a Weber fan...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »
you are setting the table for the "made improvements even though we missed the tourny" talking point.

I thought you probably weren't, but reading excuse making like this makes me think you are setting the fanbase up for failure.

Resume will be mighty thin regardless of improvement.

you don't get the free pass most do though. apologies if misread.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »

you're either with us or against us.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »

I thought you probably weren't, but reading excuse making like this makes me think you are setting the fanbase up for failure.

Resume will be mighty thin regardless of improvement.

you don't get the free pass most do though. apologies if misread.

I'm saying that even if we start playing great it still may not be enough. That's not a moral victory or something to be proud of. Not a positive at all. If I was saying that all that matters is how well we play, then yeah, that'd be BS. All about the W/L baby.

Granted, schedule wasn't completely oscar's call. Most of the games were already set. But, he did add Gonzaga and I'm not sure a road game at a top10-ish team is what the sched needed, more than say a game against Iowa etc. Just my opinion.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
but we're on the same page that he's a rough ridin' loser coach and the sooner we can fire him the better. good, agreed. crap schedule.

catzacker

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »
whether CC is making the excuse or not, Currie/Weber are going to use it.  A few days ago, we only had 3 (ku, osu, ou) top 60 teams, however Baylor has snuck up there (#59), OU might hang on for a while (KSU gets them 4 games into conf), and WVU has a shot (#73).

I would imagine we'll have about 5 in the top 60 (if WVU gets their crap together), so oscar will have no excuses as to why he can't win at least 4 against the top 60 in conference like the loser coach did last year with this untalented team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »
Quote from: bigwillie20 link=topic=25299.msg698682#msg698682 date=13559361
No. Player Hometown Class Position
1 Aaron Spears Chicago, Illinois Fr. Guard
[b
4 Luther Head Chicago, Illinois Jr. Guard [/b]
5 Deron Williams (captain) The Colony, Texas So. Guard
11 Dee Brown (captain) Maywood, Illinois So. Guard
25 Jerrance Howard (captain) Peoria, Illinois Sr. Guard
33 Rich McBride Springfield, Illinois Fr. Guard
34 Fred Nkemdi North Riverside, Illinois Jr. Forward
40 James Augustine Mokena, Illinois So. Forward
41 Warren Carter Dallas, Texas Fr. Forward
42 Brian Randle Peoria, Illinois Fr. Forward
43 Roger Powell Joliet, Illinois Jr. Forward
45 Nick Smith Valrico, Florida Jr. Center
50 Jack Ingram San Antonio, Texas Jr. Forward/Center
55 Shaun Pruitt Aurora, Illinois Fr. Forward

How were you such a terrible poster last year, you are killing it now?  The schtick was dumb.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 12:15:24 AM »

How were you such a terrible poster last year, you are killing it now?  The schtick was dumb.

I don't know what you mean by terrible, we can't all be on the same page  :cheers:

At least last year I had some faith we could pull it together for 1 game if we needed, even though I wouldn't say that

This year... :goodbyecruelworld: (no schtick)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: A Reason to Hope
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 12:40:20 AM »

I don't know what you mean by terrible, we can't all be on the same page  :cheers:

At least last year I had some faith we could pull it together for 1 game if we needed, even though I wouldn't say that

Wasn't it the1bigwillie that was terrible? Honestly don't remember.  Also I would rather captain crap was our coach than oscar weber. Times a million.
:adios:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »
Hope? I'd like that. Unfortunately, I'm growing increasingly pessimistic.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2012, 03:20:45 AM »

Wasn't it the1bigwillie that was terrible? Honestly don't remember.  Also I would rather captain crap was our coach than oscar weber. Times a million.

Not, it was bigwillie20. He was the original kim carnes. He said if we made the tournament last year he'd stop posting.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »

Not, it was bigwillie20. He was the original kim carnes. He said if we made the tournament last year he'd stop posting.

lol, forgot about that.