Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 479891 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »
I honestly can't think of a single benefit of guns outside of military and law enforcement hands

Do you honestly trust the military or law enforcement enough to be the only ones that can have guns?  I know enough riley rats & cops with small dick syndrome to know no one should depend on that for protection.

It's a whole lot harder to go on a rampage that kills 26 people without the guns, though. Granted, this was an elementary school, so the victims were helpless enough that a psycho could take down a large number of them with a knife.

Sorry, but this is just not an argument.  There are hundreds of ways to create massive amounts of destruction - even if you "could" get rid of all guns (which is not possible) this could have been much worse with a moving truck filled with fertilizer

Yes, and a 20 year old deadbeat intent on killing himself is going to have the ability, much less go to the trouble, to load up a moving truck with fertilizer and turn it into a bomb.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 01:15:40 PM »
One of the shooter's parents found shot to death in NJ?? WTF

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 01:16:20 PM »
If you don't think assault weapons should be banned then you're a terrible person

Yep, banning cocaine and other drugs has kept them away from society...

:flush:

Good comparison idiot

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »
If you don't think assault weapons should be banned then you're a terrible person

Cocaine is something self administered.  Have never heard of someone walking into their school/place of work and getting everyone high against their will.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
I honestly can't think of a single benefit of guns outside of military and law enforcement hands

Do you honestly trust the military or law enforcement enough to be the only ones that can have guns?  I know enough riley rats & cops with small dick syndrome to know no one should depend on that for protection.

It's a whole lot harder to go on a rampage that kills 26 people without the guns, though. Granted, this was an elementary school, so the victims were helpless enough that a psycho could take down a large number of them with a knife.

Sorry, but this is just not an argument.  There are hundreds of ways to create massive amounts of destruction - even if you "could" get rid of all guns (which is not possible) this could have been much worse with a moving truck filled with fertilizer

Yes, and a 20 year old deadbeat intent on killing himself is going to have the ability, much less go to the trouble, to load up a moving truck with fertilizer and turn it into a bomb.
yeah I guess that never happens.  What was I thinking?
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »

And if you think politicizing the wackery of the nutjob that did this is a good idea less than four hours after it occurred, you're a bad person.

See, that is total bullshit.  When is an appropriate time to talk about it?  10 hours later?  2 weeks later?  A day before the next one?  Since people (roughly 88 a day) die of gun violence in the US every day, should we talk about it never?
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »
this might be the straw.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2012, 01:19:58 PM »
Why does tragedy always turn into bitter pissing matches?

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »

Good comparison idiot

I'm just saying the reason for the violence isn't because of the right to carry weapons it's because of rough ridin' psychos.  And those will always exist no matter how many guns you take away

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »

Good comparison idiot

I'm just saying the reason for the violence isn't because of the right to carry weapons it's because of rough ridin' psychos.  And those will always exist no matter how many guns you take away

Will the rough ridin' psychos be armed with guns, though?

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 01:23:36 PM »

And if you think politicizing the wackery of the nutjob that did this is a good idea less than four hours after it occurred, you're a bad person.

See, that is total bullshit.  When is an appropriate time to talk about it?  10 hours later?  2 weeks later?  A day before the next one?  Since people (roughly 88 a day) die of gun violence in the US every day, should we talk about it never?

Knock your socks off. Talk about it all day long. I just think you're more likely to offend AND say something completely stupid when a tragedy is fresh. I'm sure if everyone would just do exactly what 8MP says the world would be a much better place yada, yada, yada.

That said, I'm leaving the internet for the day. I don't want to hear it. There is literally nowhere on the Internets to avoid it today. Crazies gotta crazy.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »

It should be talked about more than it is and on a regular basis, but I would give the victims time to grieve about a horrific scene before people on 24 hour news networks simplify gun control to whether or not you are pro or against dead 8 year olds.  On a message board, however, talk about it all you want.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 01:25:37 PM »

Good comparison idiot

If they want them they will get them.  I'm neither for or against a gun ban I'm just stating it's ignorant to think this stuff won't happen with a ban in place.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2012, 01:27:21 PM »
My boss's first reaction was that teachers should be packing.
this was also the first reaction of all the insane people

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »

Good comparison idiot

Yes, it is far to late to try to go back now. Millions of guns are in the open market. Millions more will be out before any legislation could be passed banning the sale of any new ones. There is no possible way for them to be taken away from people that already have them legally. If you outlaw guns at this point only outlaws will have guns. <---- I know this is a horribly cheesy line.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2012, 01:33:56 PM »
Are most mass shooters really outlaws, though? They mostly seem like depressed emo young adults to me. I don't think these guys are going to go to the trouble of obtaining guns on the black market just on the off chance that they one day might go crazy. I could be wrong, though.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
Yes, it is far to late to try to go back now. Millions of guns are in the open market. Millions more will be out before any legislation could be passed banning the sale of any new ones. There is no possible way for them to be taken away from people that already have them legally. If you outlaw guns at this point only outlaws will have guns. <---- I know this is a horribly cheesy line.

It's a horribly cheesy line because people are trying to dumb down their arguments to match "if we got rid of guns, violence like this wouldn't happen!"

I'm done being dragged down to this level of stupidity and will continue all gun debates with

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »
I am sickened. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »
Just said his mom was in school and is dead

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2012, 01:40:19 PM »
Are most mass shooters really outlaws, though? They mostly seem like depressed emo young adults to me. I don't think these guys are going to go to the trouble of obtaining guns on the black market just on the off chance that they one day might go crazy. I could be wrong, though.

so which is it?  Are mass shooters

20 year old deadbeat intent on killing himself

or are they crazy gun nuts that arm themselves with 4 weapons & a bullet proof vest?   Doesn't sound like a deadbeat... sounds like a guy that had problems and was intent on making a statement regardless of if he had to build a bomb or buy a crap load of guns to do it.

Fix Crazy = Stop Violence.

Remove Guns = Do nothing.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »
just before the holidays. just awful.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2012, 01:45:32 PM »
There has to be some reasonable legislation that can be passed by looking at some common thread between these nutjobs.  Be it limiting people to one non-hunting gun purchase every 6 months, banning assualt rifles or whatever.  The biggest problem with gun control legislation is groups fear mongering their consitiuents to keep from any reasonable discussion from happening.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »
What if mom took away his xbox and he snapped and did this. It's not like you can just "fix crazy"

There are as many guns in this country as people. A 1:1 ratio

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2012, 01:47:01 PM »

so which is it?  Are mass shooters

20 year old deadbeat intent on killing himself

or are they crazy gun nuts that arm themselves with 4 weapons & a bullet proof vest?   Doesn't sound like a deadbeat... sounds like a guy that had problems and was intent on making a statement regardless of if he had to build a bomb or buy a crap load of guns to do it.

Fix Crazy = Stop Violence.

Remove Guns = Do nothing.

He sounds like a deadbeat to me.

Maybe he already owned the guns. :dunno:

It's also a whole lot easier to go to the store and purchase a few guns than it is to build a bomb.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2012, 01:47:06 PM »
I don't remember the last time something upset me this much.  I cannot bring myself to get anything done at work today, just really sad