Author Topic: Worst job you ever had  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Worst job you ever had
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:03:37 AM »
I'm sure that I will win this so I will wait until a few others have posted so I don't discourage everyone who thinks they had a bad job from posting.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Worst job you ever had
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:30:03 AM »
i had to stock shelves at k-mart for about 6 months when i was in 10th grade.  my responsibility included getting carts from the parking lot in 6 inches of sleet/snow/wet in 10 degree weather, as well as continually mopping the front entrance area to keep it clean from all of the customers walking in the sleet/snow/wet.  on top of it all, my manager sucked and all of his shirts had yellow stained armpits and he had terrible breath.

after about 6 months and the winter was over, i got moved to the lawn & garden area (big pimpin).  its where everyone wanted to work.  i got to drive a forklift around and also, not do crap.  this was the great part of the worst job because  it was awesome and didn't suck.  but then. 

one time the security guard brought me into the manager's office and he made me empty my pockets.  a customer had accused me of doing cocaine!  i wasn't!  just had a cold + didn't do coke.  manager believed me and nothing ever happened.  soon after that, i was like f-this place.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:36:25 AM »
 :popcorn:
@mikec2w

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 10:36:49 AM »
Never really had a bad job. Least enjoyable was working at UPS unloading trailers one summer in college.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 10:40:36 AM »
My first job was at a trap shooting range and I had to sit in the concrete hole all day and load clay pigeons one at a time on the thrower. It was filthy and moist and hot and infested and I got paid less than minimum wage. You never knew when the arm was going to be triggered and rip your fingers off.

edit: now that I think about it, that wasn't my worst job.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »
after my stint at k-mart, where i was making minimum wage, i took a job at gates & sons bbq where my responsibilities included: busing tables, continuously mopping the floor so it wasn't slippery from the bbq smoke, refilling the sauces from the sauce station that the customers used, reloading kegs on the front line (fun to carry on slippery floors), and cleaning the parking lot of cigarette butts and other ancillary garbage.  it was awesome too.  i made it about 2-3 months at this job.  upside was that the black guys they shipped in on the Gates Shuttle from the inner city would sell me cd's they stole for $5/piece.  i'd just tell them what i wanted and boom, they'd have it the next time they worked, waiting for me.  also ate as much bbq as i wanted for free.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:44:43 AM »
I grew up on a dairy farm. Basically, every day I probably had to do something that was worse than any of you puds ever had to do, unless you grew up on a dairy farm, too.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 10:45:55 AM »
I grew up on a dairy farm. Basically, every day I probably had to do something that was worse than any of you puds ever had to do, unless you grew up on a dairy farm, too.

You drank fresh milk right from the teet?

:dunno:
@mikec2w

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »

You drank fresh milk right from the teet?

:dunno:
You got a problem with fresh milk? :dubious:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »
agent in her Majesty's secret service.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »
another great job i had was carrying those old fashioned kegs w/o handles down those shitty stairs and into the basement of auntie maes on a busy friday night with a band playing, in the wintertime.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »
My first summer job during college was at a factory that made heavy duty brakes. They put me at a machine that they called a pin splitter. Basically, it was a machine that opened up cotter pins enough that they could be easily opened by hand.  You would place the pin in a jig, push two buttons, remove opened pin and repeat. 640 times an hour, 10 hours a day.

About 3 hours into the shift a mentally handicapped woman would come in and sit at the machine next to me. She would do the exact same job that I was doing. My first day, someone in the department was celebrating a birthday and they brought cake for everyone. I'm not sure if the handicapped girl ate it too fast or what but after we went back to work she threw up all over her machine, my machine, herself, me and all the pins we had split.

So, after I finished cleaning up her machine, my machine and our pins... I spent the rest of the day working my mindless job smelling of puke.

Worst day ever. I decided that day to take college more seriously.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »
I'm tempted to say Doorknob Factory, but let's be real, that was a really great job.

Sonic was the worst.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »
My first summer job during college was at a factory that made heavy duty brakes. They put me at a machine that they called a pin splitter. Basically, it was a machine that opened up cotter pins enough that they could be easily opened by hand.  You would place the pin in a jig, push two buttons, remove opened pin and repeat. 640 times an hour, 10 hours a day.

About 3 hours into the shift a mentally handicapped woman would come in and sit at the machine next to me. She would do the exact same job that I was doing. My first day, someone in the department was celebrating a birthday and they brought cake for everyone. I'm not sure if the handicapped girl ate it too fast or what but after we went back to work she threw up all over her machine, my machine, herself, me and all the pins we had split.

So, after I finished cleaning up her machine, my machine and our pins... I spent the rest of the day working my mindless job smelling of puke.

Worst day ever. I decided that day to take college more seriously.

I love watching "How It's Made" on the Science Channel.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »
some crappy dot com start up company that had no clue what they were doing.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
Had a job one summer at a go-kart/batting cage/firework stand... Had to deal with a bunch of drunks and idiot meth-heads (it was in missouri after all) all day and night... but the perk was all the balls I could hit and shredding rubber on the track (was one that you could slide through the turns). On second thought this may have been the pinnacle of my working experience to date... Now I just sit in front of a computer all day, lame.
untuck manhattan

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »
I worked in the dorm cafeteria for about 2 weeks when at K-State. Back then, they had a milk machine that would fill up a glass with milk. Above the red button was a sign that said "Push Button Once". Whether people couldn't read or just wanted to be assholes, I don't know but my job was to mop up that milk that would go all over the floor after someone would push the button multiple times and then walk away when their cup was full.  And I'm not sure why a hair net was required for me to mop up milk for four hours a morning.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
Had a job one summer at a go-kart/batting cage/firework stand... Had to deal with a bunch of drunks and idiot meth-heads (it was in missouri after all) all day and night... but the perk was all the balls I could hit and shredding rubber on the track (was one that you could slide through the turns). On second thought this may have been the pinnacle of my working experience to date... Now I just sit in front of a computer all day, lame.

Well slide this rough rider on over to my new thread, "the best job you ever had", camKSU!

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 11:20:29 AM »
Worst summer job - setting and tearing down concrete basement forms.

Best summer job - Framing houses.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 11:20:56 AM »
When I was 15 worked for a pool company.  Sold and installed and serviced above ground and in ground pools.  Mostly I was a laborer putting in new above ground pools.  Was hard work, not so bad though.  The worst was when some gross eff would let their in ground pool go, so they'd call us to clean it up and replace the liner.  First we had to pump out all the water (not so bad).  Then remove any dead animals that were in the pool (pretty rough ridin' bad, like dead raccoons or possums, some birds, frogs yuck).  Didn't wear gloves, just grabbed them and tossed them.  eff.  Then we had to remove all the algae and leaves and pine needles and crap like that.  Better than dead animals I guess.  Then we had to slice up the liner into strips with a box knife and roll them up and throw them on our backs and take them to the truck.  They were heavy and all that dead animal juice was running down your neck and back.  eff.  That was the worst.  One summer day it rained so we didn't have to work.  Then it rained the next day, another day off.  Then I rough ridin' quit.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 11:24:41 AM »
In 9th grade, I worked for a place called pump it up. The job wasn't all that bad, some parts were kind of awesome actually. But little kids are rough ridin' disgusting and will literally crap wherever they damn well please.

Offline Microwave

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 11:30:37 AM »
Worked road construction/traffic control for a summer. Hard, and hot.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »
another great job i had was carrying those old fashioned kegs w/o handles down those shitty stairs and into the basement of auntie maes on a busy friday night with a band playing, in the wintertime.
Do you have any idea how many buckets full of grain I had to carry in the wintertime, summertime, any time?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »
Never really had a bad job. Least enjoyable was working at UPS unloading trailers one summer in college.
Do you have any idea as to how many trailers full of hay I had to load and unload?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »
I'm tempted to say Doorknob Factory, but let's be real, that was a really great job.

Sonic was the worst.
Do you have any idea as to how many doorknobs I had to turn?