Author Topic: Worst job you ever had  (Read 5890 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Worst job you ever had
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
worked for the city public works of the town I grew up in.  It was the summer after one of the worst late spring storms the town had seen in a long time.  Spent the entire summer picking up trees, limbs, etc from ppls curbs from the storm.  Hauled an F load of stuff.  Also, since it is the city, all the full time workers are lazy as crap and sit around while the high school kids do all the work. 

They had a stupid rule that even when it was raining and there wasn't anything to do, we had to be busy.  So on rain days there would be 6 or more of us mindlessly sweeping the shop floor.  Was horrible.

Hated it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2012, 03:38:56 PM »
Oh, another good one:

Was a little league umpire one summer.  Most of the coworkers hated it, but I loved it once I found that I had the power to have parents kicked out of the park during games.  Kick a few out and everyone learns and shuts the F up.  Work was always between 5 and 9, so you could still do whatevs you wanted at night and sleep in.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
Oh, another good one:

Was a little league umpire one summer.  Most of the coworkers hated it, but I loved it once I found that I had the power to have parents kicked out of the park during games.  Kick a few out and everyone learns and shuts the F up.  Work was always between 5 and 9, so you could still do whatevs you wanted at night and sleep in.

When I was in HS I would ref some soccer games.  One time I was reffing a for a team coached by my dad's business partner.  This kid hurt his arm and was on the field being a baby and was delaying the game for like 5 minutes:

Emo:  Dave, it's the kid's arm.  Walk him off the field and we can resume play.
Dave:  Emo, my player is hurt!  Let me attend to him!
Emo:  Dave, it's his arm.  He can walk off and you can look after him there, we have a game to play.
Dave:  Damnit Emo, what are you going to do, throw me out?
Emo:  That's exactly what I'm going to do Dave (then I pulled my red card).  You can watch the game from the parking lot.  Off you go.

He was speechless.  My dad loved it too (this guy was a jackass).

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2012, 05:10:28 PM »
Hand
:dance:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason