Author Topic: Welp. Someone has to say it, in spite of our overall love of TSC.  (Read 8269 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Welp. Someone has to say it, in spite of our overall love of TSC.
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 11:48:01 PM »
I'm not sure if it's even possible for 9 Big 12 teams to become bowl eligible without KU losing all of their Big 12 games. I'm not sure if they were good or bad for the conference this year.

Of course it's possible.  Theoretically, every team in the Big 12 could be bowl eligible if the home team won every game since everybody plays at least six home games.

KU going 0-9 in conference helps, though.  6-6 Flood Aggie doesn't make a bowl without their sixth win in Lawrence.

Well, yeah, it's mathematically possible, but it would require KU losing to some of the worse teams and beating some of the better ones. That just seems very unlikely.

This part seems pretty likely.  :dunno:

It's the combination that is unlikely.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 12:23:43 AM »
KU is also solely responsible for NIU getting a bcs bowl over OU.   Personally I feel that the conference should nut up and make the squawks pay the financial difference or be kicked out and replaced with a school that has a commitment to d1 level football.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 01:46:16 AM »
KU is also solely responsible for NIU getting a bcs bowl over OU.   Personally I feel that the conference should nut up and make the squawks pay the financial difference or be kicked out and replaced with a school that has a commitment to d1 level football.

Actually I'm rather proud of them for this....and believe it's probably their greatest acheivement in the four years.  Nice job screwing OU lil bro   :thumbsup:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 01:50:05 AM »
no one had to say it.  dick.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 02:06:44 AM »
I feel bad for them. It would suck to have awful football.  :frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 02:09:22 AM »
when it's all said and done, which hire will be criticized more, gill or weis?

Gill. Just because he followed a successful MM, and Weis did make the Chiefs better(OC), has a better track record, and will probably win some in the future. Weis doesnt seem in over his head like Gill did.

You seem to be completely unaware that Mangino started all of this.  There was no witch hunt, he wasn't fired because he was abusive.  He was fired because he was an abusive prick who lost his team and lost his last 7 conference games in a season in which he should have won his division.

I feel you needed this reminder because you clearly forgot.  Also if you are thinking about using the excuse of the investigation to excuse the record, I'll also remind you the investigation started with 2 games left in the season after he, yanno, lost 5 straight conference games.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 03:28:56 AM »
no one had to say it.  dick.

:lol:

Trolling the Too Cool For Schoolers is easy.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Welp. Someone has to say it, in spite of our overall love of TSC.
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 06:07:10 AM »
Same amount of talent.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 06:39:35 AM »

Gill. Just because he followed a successful MM, and Weis did make the Chiefs better(OC), has a better track record, and will probably win some in the future. Weis doesnt seem in over his head like Gill did.

You seem to be completely unaware that Mangino started all of this.  There was no witch hunt, he wasn't fired because he was abusive.  He was fired because he was an abusive prick who lost his team and lost his last 7 conference games in a season in which he should have won his division.

I feel you needed this reminder because you clearly forgot.  Also if you are thinking about using the excuse of the investigation to excuse the record, I'll also remind you the investigation started with 2 games left in the season after he, yanno, lost 5 straight conference games.

Perkins' meetings with players (and without Mangino) began mid-season, FWIW.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Welp. Someone has to say it, in spite of our overall love of TSC.
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 07:34:47 AM »

Fantastic question. Will listen off air

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 07:41:40 AM »

They don't have that kind of money.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 07:43:21 AM »
We shouldn't count any games that take place after the first wk if November. They don't.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »

Gill, and the true reasoning will be disguised behind attempted football knowledge

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »

Gill, and the true reasoning will be disguised behind attempted football knowledge

the reality is that no one really knows at this point, and that in and of itself, is great

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 10:55:18 AM »

Weis does not yet realize how hard this is going to be. He thinks he is just going to go out and find some "better Johnnies and Joes" in the off-season. He has no clue what he is doing.

:bill:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 11:17:57 AM »

the reality is that no one really knows at this point, and that in and of itself, is great

my point was KU's racism will be the reason they criticize Gill more than Weiss, no matter what the results on the field show.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2012, 01:08:11 PM »
Tulsa fires AD over gambling probe
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8712599/tulsa-golden-hurricane-fire-athletic-director-ross-parmley-gambling-probe

Isn't this the guy ku wanted for AD after Lew was done milking the rubes?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8712599/tulsa-golden-hurricane-fire-athletic-director-ross-parmley-gambling-probe

yep. dodged a bullet there.
RIP Fatty

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »

No.  That was Bubba Cunningham, who is now the AD at UNC.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »

my point was KU's racism will be the reason they criticize Gill more than Weiss, no matter what the results on the field show.

great point, my bad

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2012, 03:12:49 PM »

I don't remember it that way.  Either case Perkins wouldn't have done it if Mangino came anywhere close to fulfilling expectations.  They completely sucked which made all the crap, he had been doing for years, matter.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2012, 03:20:41 PM »

I don't remember it that way.  Either case Perkins wouldn't have done it if Mangino came anywhere close to fulfilling expectations.  They completely sucked which made all the crap, he had been doing for years, matter.

It all started with an incident where Mangino was abusive towards Reesing during the Colorado game--Oct 17.  Within a week, Perkins was meeting with players to discuss their concerns.  Lew excluded Mangino from the individual and subsequent team meeting.  It was clear by then that Lew was going to get rid of Mangino. 

I think Gill will be considered the worst hire, anyway. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »
No QB to replace Reesing, plus a couple bad hires have really mumped our football program beyond belief.  I always remind myself, though, that K-State was the worst football program in Division 1 football up until Snyder took over.  If K-State can do it, anyone can. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2012, 03:45:47 PM »
If K-State can do it, anyone can.

yeah, probly true

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 04:10:03 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/statistics/2012/12/04/college-football-coaches-salaries-cost-per-win/1745441/?sf7666957=1

The cost of a football victory keeps climbing for Kansas.

This season, the university paid Charlie Weis $2.5 million for one win — the highest cost per victory among schools whose teams won at least one game, according to USA TODAY Sports' annual analysis of football coaches' compensation. Kansas paid Turner Gill $1.05 million for each of two wins last season, after paying Gill $700,000 for each of three wins in 2010.

Kansas is the only NCAA Bowl Subdivision school among the top five in cost inefficiency in each of the past three seasons. This season, KU paid over $1 million more per win more than the school that had the lowest rate of return last season.