Author Topic: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 170386 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »
Monte Kiffin out at USC
I hope Sean never has to fire his own father.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2012, 12:40:01 PM »
CUs athletic department is #3 in the country in the amount of financial assistance they receive from the academic side of their school.  How the hell hasn't Mike Bohn been fired yet?

Hey, give him a break.  I've been told there's a lot of stuff to do in Denver.  Or something.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2012, 08:03:23 PM »
ROFL @ the typical SEC arrogance.  If GMFP gets a solid offer from anywhere else, TCU will pony up.  There is no way our boosters let GMFP get away from TCU over money.  You vastly underrate TCU's wealth.  Our stadium renovation was originally supposed to be $115 million but we raised 90% of the money from 4 families.  So it became a $150 million renovation.

TCU has been in the national spotlight and unlike Auburn we don't have to resort to paying our players to do so.

That arrogance is well earned.  I had to look up TCU's records to remember what they've done recently.  That is how much you're in the national spotlight.  You don't have to look anywhere to see what the SEC has done, you just have to resort to saying we paid for it and "ROFL"s and saying we paid our players.  Please, at least hit me with our recent Fulmer Cup victory, which we dominated.  18 year old kids being worshipped on a football field, just remember that is what you're putting your efforts into.

$150 million dollar football renovation!  That's super, what will you guys be up to now, 50k seats?  Might match up well with a high school stadium in Texas now.

Predictable attendance/stadium size smack.  LMAO The whole I had to "look up TCU's record"  over the last few years when we were in the discussion for the national title when the $Cam newton scandal first came up is cute too.  I bet you're one of those douchebags that cheers when bama is in the title game because they're "SEC" too despite them being your rival school

I hope you enjoy when the NCAA finally gets around to vacating the title you paid for.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
Guy on another board I frequent says Gruden to UTenn is a done deal.  He was slightly ahead of some of the local media reports about contact with Gruden to begin with.

How cool would it be to see Gruden on the KSU sideline fistpumping a TD play.  :emawkid:
"He's in Shape !"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2012, 09:15:48 PM »
Guy on another board I frequent says Gruden to UTenn is a done deal.  He was slightly ahead of some of the local media reports about contact with Gruden to begin with.

that guy is more wrong than The Dude
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:37:55 PM by Limestone »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2012, 09:28:26 PM »
ROFL @ the typical SEC arrogance.  If GMFP gets a solid offer from anywhere else, TCU will pony up.  There is no way our boosters let GMFP get away from TCU over money.  You vastly underrate TCU's wealth.  Our stadium renovation was originally supposed to be $115 million but we raised 90% of the money from 4 families.  So it became a $150 million renovation.

TCU has been in the national spotlight and unlike Auburn we don't have to resort to paying our players to do so.

That arrogance is well earned.  I had to look up TCU's records to remember what they've done recently.  That is how much you're in the national spotlight.  You don't have to look anywhere to see what the SEC has done, you just have to resort to saying we paid for it and "ROFL"s and saying we paid our players.  Please, at least hit me with our recent Fulmer Cup victory, which we dominated.  18 year old kids being worshipped on a football field, just remember that is what you're putting your efforts into.

$150 million dollar football renovation!  That's super, what will you guys be up to now, 50k seats?  Might match up well with a high school stadium in Texas now.

Predictable attendance/stadium size smack.  LMAO The whole I had to "look up TCU's record"  over the last few years when we were in the discussion for the national title when the $Cam newton scandal first came up is cute too.  I bet you're one of those douchebags that cheers when bama is in the title game because they're "SEC" too despite them being your rival school

I hope you enjoy when the NCAA finally gets around to vacating the title you paid for.

You know what I had to look up?  The last time Auburn won a football game.  I knew crap was bad for them when Monroe beat 'em so I haven't really followed them this year.  I did notice that non-consensual anal sexing Bama gave them though.  Yikes!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »
FWIW Doreen (NIU) took the job at NC State.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »
Could've done better IMHO

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #258 on: December 02, 2012, 09:42:26 PM »
Could've done better IMHO

Decent gig.  Get out of the MAC while on top, and slide in there and compete in a down ACC.  He could be in a big time job in 3 years.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 02, 2012, 09:47:45 PM »
Idaho hired Petrino's brother.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2012, 12:01:40 AM »
Idaho hired Petrino's brother.

Paul was at Arkansas with Petrino and stayed when Petrino was fired. Guess this means another Petrino won't coach the Razorbacks, and Bobby's job prospects for a major head coaching job and a better assistant gig for Paul are slim. Of course, maybe Paul just wants to be a head coach and Idaho gave him that opportunity. Perhaps Bobby ends up working for his bro. Memo to Pau if this is the case: Bobby gets no motorcycles, no women, and no authority to hire people.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2012, 07:41:03 AM »
So, Gundy doesn't really leave for Tennessee, right?  Isn't this just a move to show T Boone that he's all grows up?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2012, 07:44:37 AM »
I would love to see Gundy on that size of stage.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2012, 08:22:08 AM »
he already has the orange skin glow

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2012, 08:33:31 AM »
So, Gundy doesn't really leave for Tennessee, right?  Isn't this just a move to show T Boone that he's all grows up?

He did that last year to get a raise, and he got his raise.  His agent is the same as Les Miles and it is his MO to listen to every offer.  However, to do that two years in a row as leverage to get a raise is a big power play, even for him.  On the way to work this morning the radio was saying they thought it was 50/50 that he was actually considering it vs. he has a deal with his agent to never deny rumors, even if they aren't trying to get more money. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »

He did that last year to get a raise, and he got his raise.  His agent is the same as Les Miles and it is his MO to listen to every offer.  However, to do that two years in a row as leverage to get a raise is a big power play, even for him.  On the way to work this morning the radio was saying they thought it was 50/50 that he was actually considering it vs. he has a deal with his agent to never deny rumors, even if they aren't trying to get more money.

yea, he does not understand that OSU has the money to dump him.
RIP Fatty

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2012, 08:51:22 AM »

He already got his raise.  I highly doubt he is trying to play OSU.  He just isn't lying to his fans and players like Charlie Strong did by denying he interviewed with Auburn.  Also, OSU is not going to "dump him."  Even if they did, boo-freaking-hoo, he'll just go to Arkansas or Auburn or Tennessee and get a raise.

The guy has done a very good job at OSU.  He's earned the right to listen to Tennessee if they call without having to lie to the fans of his current school and alma mater about it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:59:16 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2012, 08:58:32 AM »

He already got his raise.  I highly doubt he is trying to play OSU.  He just isn't lying to his fans and players like Charlie Strong did by denying he interviewed with Auburn.  Also, OSU is not going to "dump him."  Even if they did, boo-freaking-hoo, he'll just go to Arkansas or Auburn or Tennessee and get a raise.

no doubt, but as others have said, this is his agents MO (same agent as Patterson if I remember as well). Difference is, I think he wants to stay at Okie Lite. The only thing his agent wants is more money from a bigger contract.
RIP Fatty

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2012, 09:07:22 AM »

You know what I had to look up?  The last time Auburn won a football game.  I knew crap was bad for them when Monroe beat 'em so I haven't really followed them this year.  I did notice that non-consensual anal sexing Bama gave them though.  Yikes!

Try harder, we actually beat Monroe this season :thumbsup:

The NCAA has done all they can about Cam and nothing has been proved.  If anything Miss State is the one that looks to have done something wrong.  I think he's a horrible person, but the best college player I've ever seen.

I will not actively cheer for Bama, despite ALL of my family being fans, but I will sure as hell laugh to watch Notre Dame get their teeth kicked in.  The SEC is going to dominate this bowl season more than likely as we've had to send great teams to lesser bowls as we can only have 2 in the BCS.  6 of the top 10! 

Auburn sucks, bad, but we'll be back very soon.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2012, 09:28:51 AM »
smoke on Petersen to Pig Aggie
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 03, 2012, 09:41:36 AM »

Won't happen.  Has a good thing going at BSU.  Just like Patterson.  Why ruin that?
3021  RIP

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 03, 2012, 09:47:34 AM »

Won't happen.  Has a good thing going at BSU.  Just like Patterson.  Why ruin that?

I pray to god that Arkansas nabs Patterson. 

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 03, 2012, 08:27:49 PM »
a lot of colorado people are saying its butch jones job if he wants it (currently coaching at cincinnati) and he will make up his mind tomorrow

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 03, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »

I pray to god that Arkansas nabs Patterson.

No, TCU's program will go into the toilet if he leaves and this conference will be even more shitty than it already is.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 03, 2012, 09:14:20 PM »
a lot of colorado people are saying its butch jones job if he wants it (currently coaching at cincinnati) and he will make up his mind tomorrow

If Butch Jones leaves for that dumpster fire, he's a total idiot.  He doesn't have to bail Cincy right away.  I would think between this off season and next, he can get a better deal before their AQ status is pulled.