Author Topic: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 170390 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #1550 on: January 16, 2014, 11:30:17 AM »
Run until it hurts is so ambiguous.  What if they fell down after two steps and banged their elbow pretty good on the ground.  That hurts.  Done?  Stubbed toe on fifth stride.  Hurts.  Done?  Player is a huge pussy.  Running any amount always hurts at all times.  Done?  Total nonpussy and in great cardiovascular shape.  Run for hours?  Dumb.   

Also, hurts?  What the eff does that even mean?  I'm not sure about this.

See Rule #8

Yep, Texas Football: One Step Ahead of Bread.  Strong basically owns Illinois now. 

Also, Only 11 points is so small timey.  You really need a min of 15 or 16 to succeed in this conf.  Go big(at least 15) or go home!

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 16, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »
Beloved Joe Gordon to Bethany College as Co-DC and secondary coach.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: January 16, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
Beloved Joe Gordon to Bethany College as Co-DC and secondary coach.

Link

http://www.bethanyswedes.com/article/2782.php

His 4 sons ... LeAndrew, Sergio, Xavier and Diesel.  Xavier and Diesel ... awesome future KSU football names  :love:

catzacker

« Reply #1553 on: January 16, 2014, 11:55:41 AM »
doesn't bill have kind of similar-ish rules?  ie. no hats/earrings in vanier, etc.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 16, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »

#12 Wipe your feet

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 16, 2014, 01:37:48 PM »
#13 If you tweet about someone you must @ them.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 16, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
#14.  No jerking off into socks or in showers of any kind.  Only into paper towels, which are then thrown in the trash never flushed.  Drains will be respected at Texas.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 16, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »
#14.  No jerking off into socks or in showers of any kind.  Only into paper towels, which are then thrown in the trash never flushed.  Drains will be respected at Texas.

Win now!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 16, 2014, 04:50:55 PM »
#15:  For the love of God beat K-State.  It's rough ridin' embarrassing.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 16, 2014, 04:51:12 PM »
Sumlin and Strong are playing good guy black texas d1 football coach / bad guy black texas d1 football coach.

It's really odd too, because it's like they are both trying to make up for issues at their own schools.  A&M is super WT crazy, and Sumlin is all cool and stuff, an Austin is super laid back, and Strong is is all tough guy and stuff.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: January 16, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »
oh man, he might start out 2-4. 4-2 or better would open some eyes.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-14/big-12/2014-texas-longhorns-football-schedule.php

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 16, 2014, 10:00:20 PM »
It's really odd too, because it's like they are both trying to make up for issues at their own schools.  A&M is super WT crazy, and Sumlin is all cool and stuff, an Austin is super laid back, and Strong is is all tough guy and stuff.

Their personalities and styles were well entrenched before they arrived at their current schools. Also there's nothing wrong with any of those rules not really sure why they're being clowned itt. No one is going to transfer because of those rules, if they do they are an entitled derelict you don't want around anyway.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 16, 2014, 10:09:16 PM »

Their personalities and styles were well entrenched before they arrived at their current schools. Also there's nothing wrong with any of those rules not really sure why they're being clowned itt. No one is going to transfer because of those rules, if they do they are an entitled derelict you don't want around anyway.

Sorry, there is something wrong with making assistants run and expecting injured players to practice.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 17, 2014, 07:54:36 AM »

Sorry, there is something wrong with making assistants run and expecting injured players to practice.

There's nothing wrong with initiatives that make the individual responsible to the collective. In football those units are their family and in most cases the position coach is the cool big brother that doubles as the good cop. Things of this nature isn't at all unusual & if these position coaches had a problem with it they would find jobs on different staffs.

Also he isn't talking about injured players practicing, what he's saying is that if you have an injury that allows you to be somewhat active, let's say like a sprained shoulder, if you can't catch a ball you can absolutely ride a bike. Again not at all an uncommon approach in football.

Wasn't the critique on UT under Mack Brown was that they were soft?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 17, 2014, 08:09:25 AM »
i don't know but we were soft under ron prince and he did all this stupid crap too

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 17, 2014, 08:44:18 AM »
i don't know but we were soft under ron prince and he did all this stupid crap too

:thumbsup:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 17, 2014, 09:02:57 AM »
my criticism is that small groups like football teams don't need such clearly defined rules.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 17, 2014, 09:03:33 AM »
huh weird, I don't remember Ron Prince doing any of that unless you equate his impulsively making old men run in the middle of the night with having a system in place to motivate the players to go to class that the players and coaches know about and approve of beforehand.

Also I feel like many of you don't get that isn't a list of rules that was leaked. You guys get that is the thoughts and observations of someone who isn't a coach in list form right?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 17, 2014, 09:04:37 AM »
You guys get that is the thoughts and observations of someone who isn't a coach in list form right?
did not know this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 17, 2014, 09:07:05 AM »
my criticism is that small groups like football teams don't need such clearly defined rules.

a football team at UT is a small group? With players, coaches, and support staff we are talking about over 200 people. I would consider the position groups small but not the team. I'm not sure I've ever been a part of a group that large.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 17, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »
Yeah I'm with MIR on this one guys.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 17, 2014, 09:15:27 AM »
we need a similar set of rules for goE.  get to work on the combo board, losers

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 17, 2014, 02:04:27 PM »
Someone makes a bad post, they run.  They make a bad post again, all the browns run with them.  They make a third bad post and clams runs.  Clams doesn't like to run.  Nuff said. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 17, 2014, 02:10:31 PM »
Also he isn't talking about injured players practicing,

that's absolutely what he's saying, or at least the writer's interpretation of what he said.

huh weird, I don't remember Ron Prince doing any of that unless you equate his impulsively making old men run in the middle of the night with having a system in place to motivate the players to go to class that the players and coaches know about and approve of beforehand.

Ron definitely had a plan to run assistants - it wasn't a one-time middle of the night thing. (Although I'm not sure that a one-time losing your temper is worse than having a system in place).

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 17, 2014, 02:11:58 PM »
Are you hurt or are you injured?