Author Topic: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 170357 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #1175 on: January 02, 2014, 09:26:24 PM »
Serious questions guys, will any school go after Mack?  :dunno:

Maybe, but man isn't going anywhere but ESPN or something like that

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 02, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
Didn't Mack already say he was taking an administrative role? I thought he did but could be wrong

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 02, 2014, 09:28:42 PM »
if it's between strong and briles, and ut has their choice, they take briles, don't they?

Is that a serious question?

well why are they even officially interviewing anyone other than him then?  just so they won't get any naacp flack or something?

So everyone read this and just let it go? If this was posted in gpc someone would have rushed to put it in the gpc thread. smh
I don't think catzacker is a racist.

Is that what I said katdaddy?
Was replying to kslimlb3.
i don't think he is racist either
Was his statement intended to be racist?  :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 02, 2014, 09:30:47 PM »
Didn't Mack already say he was taking an administrative role? I thought he did but could be wrong
That's what I heard too.  But he's only getting 500K per yr. for the next ten.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 02, 2014, 09:32:24 PM »

Special Assistant to the Pres.  Something like a 7yr deal at half a mill per plus his buy out is what BITB said a couple wks ago.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 02, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »
if it's between strong and briles, and ut has their choice, they take briles, don't they?

well why are they even officially interviewing anyone other than him then?  just so they won't get any naacp flack or something?

So everyone read this and just let it go? If this was posted in gpc someone would have rushed to put it in the gpc thread. smh

ill call it a wash. Could have been slightly racist considering the context but I don't think zacker is a racist. probably need to get ksu blacklab in on this one

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 02, 2014, 09:38:19 PM »

ill call it a wash. Could have been slightly racist considering the context but I don't think zacker is a racist. probably need to get ksu blacklab in on this one
Nah, definitely racist
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 02, 2014, 09:39:11 PM »

:cheers:

catzacker

« Reply #1183 on: January 02, 2014, 09:44:24 PM »

I don't get this comment.  I was pointing out that UT wouldn't just go interview someone for the hell of it - they wouldn't just do something for a rooney rule sake - they'd interview someone they are serious about....so they must be serious about Strong... then I was wondering aloud if they would take briles or strong.  I'd think briles because of his texas connections and all that, but strong would be an excellent hire (I've been one who's liked Strong as a head coach since he got the UL gig).

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 02, 2014, 09:48:03 PM »

I don't get this comment.  I was pointing out that UT wouldn't just go interview someone for the hell of it - they wouldn't just do something for a rooney rule sake - they'd interview someone they are serious about....so they must be serious about Strong... then I was wondering aloud if they would take briles or strong.  I'd think briles because of his texas connections and all that, but strong would be an excellent hire (I've been one who's liked Strong as a head coach since he got the UL gig).
He's done a lot more for UL than PigFucker's coach; and he put them on the map.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: January 02, 2014, 09:59:24 PM »

I take you at your word if that's how yoh meant it but I didn't read "just so they won't get any naacp flack or something?" that way. You explained what you meant so we can leave it at that, I don't feel like explaining why it was upsetting if you didn't mean it the way that you actually did.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 02, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »

I take you at your word if that's how yoh meant it but I didn't read "just so they won't get any naacp flack or something?" that way. You explained what you meant so we can leave it at that, I don't feel like explaining why it was upsetting if you didn't mean it the way that you actually did.
Most of us at goEMAW know why this would upset you.  :)

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 02, 2014, 10:04:47 PM »
Actually katdaddy you have no idea and wouldn't even after I explained it to you

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 02, 2014, 10:45:56 PM »
Actually katdaddy you have no idea and wouldn't even after I explained it to you
Wanta bet.  If you don't believe me just ask my black friends and son in law.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 02, 2014, 11:03:42 PM »
ESPN St. Louis' Tony Softli reports Oklahoma's Bob Stoops may have the "inside track" on the Browns' head-coaching vacancy.

It's unclear if Softli is passing along a sourced report or pure speculation. His Twitter account can be hard to decipher. Softli dropped the nugget as Stoops' Sooners turned in a surprisingly strong Sugar Bowl performance against Alabama. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported earlier in the week that Stoops was "open" to making the leap to the NFL after 15 years at Oklahoma.

Source: Tony Softli on Twitter

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 02, 2014, 11:17:18 PM »
Looks like Texas was pretty smart passing on Saban since he can't beat Oklahoma either.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 02, 2014, 11:24:07 PM »
Alabama is 0-2 in there last two games.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 02, 2014, 11:44:11 PM »

Losers.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 02, 2014, 11:51:12 PM »

Briles to UT
Fedora to PSU
Tubberville to BU

Tubberville can never coach in Texas again.  Not only did he leave Tech for Cincinnati, lol, but he left recruits waiting at dinner.  No Texas high school coach will trust Tubberville.

That was a fantasy.  I think tubs coming back would be funnier than leach at Baylor.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:19 PM »
If stoops goes to browns and not the lions he is a dork. (assuming both would want him)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 02, 2014, 11:54:29 PM »
If stoops goes to browns and not the lions he is a dork. (assuming both would want him)

:lol:

(you're right but still lol)

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 03, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
Stoops started his on set postgame interview talking about the team & knight in the past tense and caught himself and stopped doing it.  I'm sure that doesn't mean a thing but it was pretty noticeable to me.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 03, 2014, 12:42:18 AM »

Losers.

Fire Saban.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 03, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »
Stoops started his on set postgame interview talking about the team & knight in the past tense and caught himself and stopped doing it.  I'm sure that doesn't mean a thing but it was pretty noticeable to me.

:surprised:

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:01 AM »
ESPN St. Louis' Tony Softli reports Oklahoma's Bob Stoops may have the "inside track" on the Browns' head-coaching vacancy.

It's unclear if Softli is passing along a sourced report or pure speculation. His Twitter account can be hard to decipher. Softli dropped the nugget as Stoops' Sooners turned in a surprisingly strong Sugar Bowl performance against Alabama. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported earlier in the week that Stoops was "open" to making the leap to the NFL after 15 years at Oklahoma.

Source: Tony Softli on Twitter

Briles to OU?  :ohno: