Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 14286 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Day 1
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
Its Day 1 people.  Not Day 100 or 1000.  There's plenty of food.  If you're fishing I assume its because you like fishing and since society collapsed, you don't really have any place to be in particular. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »
Its Day 1 people.  Not Day 100 or 1000.  There's plenty of food.  If you're fishing I assume its because you like fishing and since society collapsed, you don't really have any place to be in particular.
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO KNOW IT'S DAY 1? IS THE ANTICHRIST GOING TO ISSUE A PRESS RELEASE?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 04:23:34 PM »
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO KNOW IT'S DAY 1? IS THE ANTICHRIST GOING TO ISSUE A PRESS RELEASE?

If you're paying attention you'll know. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »
Release my robot army

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »

Haymitch pro-tip:  Don't run in towards the cornucopia and risk getting an axe to the dome.  Run outwards to safety.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »

Haymitch pro-tip:  Don't run in towards the cornucopia and risk getting an axe to the dome.  Run outwards to safety.

We're talking post-Apocalypse, not dystopian.  I think how to behave in a dystopian future would need its own thread. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 04:32:47 PM »
the dystopian govt cant take over without an apocalypse first.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 04:33:43 PM »

We're talking post-Apocalypse, not dystopian.  I think how to behave in a dystopian future would need its own thread.

Comparable situations, just different reasoning behind them.  Both would have people fighting over limited food/supplies while trying to avoid getting bludgeoned/chomped.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »
the dystopian govt cant take over without an apocalypse first.

True, but it will take like 15-20 years of rebelling and chaos and street gangs before the dictator rises to rule over all of North America.  And I won't make it that long in the craziness leading up to it, so I'm not concerned with it.  Mostly just planning on the Haagen Daz buffet. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2012, 04:57:52 PM »
Hey fishing group, do you guys mind if I bring my friend along (chick from hunger games)? She promises not to be a drag, plus every group needs a filly.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2012, 05:03:05 PM »
Sleep in, grill out, plan day 2.  Day 2 is when crap gets real

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »
Hey fishing group, do you guys mind if I bring my friend along (chick from hunger games)? She promises not to be a drag, plus every group needs a filly.

As long as she's not some "I gotta prove everyone wrong" types who is always going off on her own, against better judgement, to prove her value. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 05:26:40 PM »
I would take clams fishing in a major city to avoid all the dumbasses going to family farms.

Have fun with that.  Pretty sure eating fish caught within a major city will actually turn you into a zombie.

who said anything about eating the fish? I would eat all the food left behind by dumbasses going to family farms.

have you even watched the show?

Offline Ron Princes Goatee

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2012, 08:48:50 PM »
I would immediately go on the offensive. Commit some cold blooded, public murder so everyone around knows not to eff with me.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Day 1
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »
I would immediately go on the offensive. Commit some cold blooded, public murder so everyone around knows not to eff with me.
:sdeek:
:adios:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2012, 09:58:34 PM »
I would take clams fishing in a major city to avoid all the dumbasses going to family farms.

Have fun with that.  Pretty sure eating fish caught within a major city will actually turn you into a zombie.

who said anything about eating the fish? I would eat all the food left behind by dumbasses going to family farms.

have you even watched the show?

This ain't no show, this is real motherfuckin' life!  Bitch!

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
I wouldn't have any kids to weigh me down; so I'd be ahead of some of you guys. Also, don't think I would hesitate to shoot Gooch in the head if he got bitten by a zombie.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2012, 10:45:14 AM »
I wouldn't have any kids to weigh me down; so I'd be ahead of some of you guys. Also, don't think I would hesitate to shoot Gooch in the head if he got bitten by a zombie.

:sdeek:
@mikec2w

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »

Man, does Gooch post on GPC also?  PirateCat51?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »

Man, does Gooch post on GPC also?  PirateCat51?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 10:54:18 AM »
Guys, it's Day 2 now, if you don't have plans by now you're eff'd. Fishing group gather at 14 hours and 37 minutes. You've got the maps. Turn all cellular devices off now. Good bye and good luck, fanning out!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
i have an extra set of waders if anyone needs to borrow them, i'll bring them to the predetermined rendevous point

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2012, 11:01:08 AM »

In a week she'll tell us that Gooch turned to a zombie and there was nothing she could do

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2012, 11:12:43 AM »
Guys, it's Day 2 now, if you don't have plans by now you're eff'd. Fishing group gather at 14 hours and 37 minutes. You've got the maps. Turn all cellular devices off now. Good bye and good luck, fanning out!

The most important thing on the agenda on day 2 is to avoid retail shopping areas.  On day 1, I was ahead of the curve, by looting a Hy Vee and eating all the Haagen Daz.  I grabbed all the food I could carry in my wheelbarrow before I met up with the fishing crew.  Yes, I know those hot dogs will go bad, but its ok because I got them as bait for fishing.

Once people realize what has happened, they are going to go nuts on the retail stores.  Best to stay away at this point. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »

In a week she'll tell us that Gooch turned to a zombie and there was nothing she could do

I sure hope Gooch makes it to the game Saturday. Would like to say my goodbyes.

Also, if it is day 2, I'm going to do more heroin. I am going to spend as little time experiencing this new post-apocalyptic world as possible. Plus I'm addicted now.