Author Topic: Manti Te'o........WTF??  (Read 89587 times)

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #725 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »
Also being a sheltered mormon does not make it any more or less likely that he was a part of the population that is homosexual. As far as I know, homosexuality as a variable is independent of  religious affiliation.

Ostracizing and shaming by said religion(s) is what leads peolpe to go to great lengths to cover up their true self and could lead others to plasuibly believe that he was a closeted homosexual hiding his relationship.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 24, 2013, 11:02:42 AM »
Has it been discussed why he picked Katie for his interview?  They both use the same agent group, CAA. CAA is a great agency I don't know why they are allowing Te'o to screw this up so badly. The GM interviews at the combine are going to be hell for him.

This story says Tom Condon told ESPN about the hoax (before the Deadspin story), which I thought was kind of weird, too:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/sports/ncaafootball/as-debate-raged-at-espn-manti-teo-story-slipped-from-its-hands.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&ref=todayspaper&

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 24, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »
Also being a sheltered mormon does not make it any more or less likely that he was a part of the population that is homosexual. As far as I know, homosexuality as a variable is independent of  religious affiliation.

Ostracizing and shaming by said religion(s) is what leads peolpe to go to great lengths to cover up their true self and could lead others to plasuibly believe that he was a closeted homosexual hiding his relationship.

sure.

i'm just saying that you guys are idiots.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 24, 2013, 11:05:14 AM »
I don't know what you guys are covering up for Manti being gay.  I'm okay with it, and you should be, too.  It's 2013!  It's totally okay to be gay!

I agree with this. I kind of hope for his sake he is a homosexual hiding his identity and can just clean about it. This would be alot better then being as stupid as he would have been (and still would be) to have trully believed this was a girl he was having a relationship with.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 24, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »
Has it been discussed why he picked Katie for his interview?  They both use the same agent group, CAA. CAA is a great agency I don't know why they are allowing Te'o to screw this up so badly. The GM interviews at the combine are going to be hell for him.

This story says Tom Condon told ESPN about the hoax (before the Deadspin story), which I thought was kind of weird, too:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/sports/ncaafootball/as-debate-raged-at-espn-manti-teo-story-slipped-from-its-hands.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&ref=todayspaper&

also, at the bottom of the article:

Correction: January 22, 2013

An earlier version of this article misspelled the surname of the girlfriend in the hoax involving Manti Te’o. It is Lennay Kekua, not Kakua.

:lol:

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »
Religious people are far more likely to cover up their homosexuality. It's hard to have a crazy cover up story covering up your homosexuality if you're out of the closet.

Not saying he is or isn't, just countering your point.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »
Religious people are far more likely to cover up their homosexuality. It's hard to have a crazy cover up story covering up your homosexuality if you're out of the closet.

Not saying he is or isn't, just countering your point.

Thus the whole comment:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 24, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »
Yeah, the only reason I think his being gay is a somewhat strong possibility is that he's a mormon, and it might sort of explain the huge coverup.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 24, 2013, 11:49:42 AM »
Yeah, the only reason I think his being gay is a somewhat strong possibility is that he's a mormon, and it might sort of explain the huge coverup.

yeah, being a big time college football star would have no reason to want to stay in the closet. Didn't you already try to have this conversation and get smacked down?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 24, 2013, 11:56:57 AM »

yeah, being a big time college football star at a Catholic Universitywould have no reason to want to stay in the closet. Didn't you already try to have this conversation and get smacked down?

Added to your post: ATYP

I think this a reason ND got involved. It would not look good to their rich alums, of your Catholic school, that donate to have the face of your program come out.
RIP Fatty

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:48 AM »
If he is gay. (A big if) I really think the religion aspect has more to do with it.

This mongloid would probably believe every word that the Westboro baptist would spew at him about how god hates him, and he is personally responsible for the deaths of American troops, etc...

Having god hate you and being responsible for all those deaths is a alot to put on this kids plate. So it makes sense that it would be easier to pretend you werent something and not have to be responsible for it.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 24, 2013, 11:58:41 AM »

yeah, being a big time college football star would have no reason to want to stay in the closet. Didn't you already try to have this conversation and get smacked down?

No it was AbeFroman who was being the dumbass about it and that got smacked down. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 24, 2013, 12:07:16 PM »
Also, I think if Manti was gay and just admitted it and then went about his business like it was normal, it wouldnt even be that big of a deal. Everybody would forget about it after awhile. Yeah players would say terrible things about him blaa blaa blaa, but they do and would anyway. Look at KG saying moms taste like cheerios. If the guy is a half decent linebacker and helped his team win, most of his teammates would be like WGAF.

Now if he admitted he was gay and was all up in everyones face with it like Tebow is with his religion, people would be put off.

So i dont think the football thing would be the driving force behind him hiding his homoness (if he is)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 24, 2013, 12:10:36 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 24, 2013, 12:13:10 PM »
Haha taht totally sounds like a chick.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 24, 2013, 12:15:35 PM »
Also, I think if Manti was gay and just admitted it and then went about his business like it was normal, it wouldnt even be that big of a deal. Everybody would forget about it after awhile. Yeah players would say terrible things about him blaa blaa blaa, but they do and would anyway. Look at KG saying moms taste like cheerios. If the guy is a half decent linebacker and helped his team win, most of his teammates would be like WGAF.

Now if he admitted he was gay and was all up in everyones face with it like Tebow is with his religion, people would be put off.

So i dont think the football thing would be the driving force behind him hiding his homoness (if he is)

I have never thought Tebow was all up in his face with his religion, it was the media that put it out there and Tebow played along.

Same problem would be with Te'o. If he did come out, he would become a pawn of the media "First openly gay football player" and it would be a big deal to the degree that Te'o would go along with it. Hell all this lying and stuff may be leading up to the big reveal and him becoming that face of Gay Football.
RIP Fatty

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 24, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »
Just listened. Reminds me of a time I got dinner at one of them fancy modern asian places in Chicago. Saw this fine looking piece walking around in a mini skirt, looking absolutely fantastic. Real modern, really well, very tightly dressed asian girl.

As a side note, is it just me or do asian chicks dress "up" and more provocatively then anyother subset of females short of strippers and polish chicks?

Anyway, she gets to my table to drop off the menu, I look up and sure enough there is a healthy amount of 5 oclock shadow.

Just goes to show, only way to know for sure is to slip the old hand down the pants and check for shaft.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 24, 2013, 12:23:51 PM »
As a side note, is it just me or do asian chicks dress "up" and more provocatively then anyother subset of females short of strippers and polish chicks?

I'm pretty sure you just leer more intensely at asian chicks

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 24, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »
The link has gone the way of Lenny.
RIP Fatty

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 24, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »
Just listened. Reminds me of a time I got dinner at one of them fancy modern asian places in Chicago. Saw this fine looking piece walking around in a mini skirt, looking absolutely fantastic. Real modern, really well, very tightly dressed asian girl.

Anyway, she gets to my table to drop off the menu, I look up and sure enough there is a healthy amount of 5 oclock shadow.

Just goes to show, only way to know for sure is to slip the old hand down the pants and check for shaft.

Stop trying so hard

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 24, 2013, 12:28:34 PM »
:adios:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile