Author Topic: Manti Te'o........WTF??  (Read 90128 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #475 on: January 17, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »
Quote from: @mocat
d @Lennaykay ok NO MORE tweets pls & TY. I have been trolled too much already #gE #life

what were you trying to say here madcat?

Why in the world would you want this person to stop tweeting?  My goodness.

I didn't tweet that person, i was just saying i dont want to see any more tweets on goEMAW from that person because it's not the real person but whatevs, as okcat said its all part of the experience. I just dont know why madcat quoted my post as if it were a tweet

but manti tweeted that person 71 days ago, how did they fake that?

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 17, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »
Think I figured it out. It only takes a few assumptions.

Being a homosexual, Tuiosisopo is almost assuredly huge Meg Ryan fan (its the curly hair)

Being a Meg Ryan fan means one has to love "You Got Mail"

As you all know in that movie, the protaganist falls in love with online version of the antagonist of the movie whom she hates with the passion in real life.

To make a long story short, Tuiossisiissoppo made Mantai fall in-love with his online persona and if it hadnt been for those meddiling Deadspinners he would have got Mantai into a park with Brinkley saying " I wanted it to be you, I wanted it to be you so badly"

The true tradgedy of this whole situation is that a love story will now not ever be a love story.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 17, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »
I was thinking Tuiasosopo was a huge Tom Hanks fan and was friends with fake Lennay the volleyball player due to the connections of Wilson from Cast Away.  More or less the same story though.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 17, 2013, 03:59:30 PM »
When did lying become something that people believe is wrong?

On what basis have they decided it is wrong?

Deceit was punished well before the ten commandments.  HTH

Offline one time gella

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 17, 2013, 04:00:26 PM »
Speaking of movies, how soon before this one is made...
and will it appear on Lifetime or will they try to spin it into the next Rudy movie?

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 17, 2013, 04:02:10 PM »
I was thinking Tuiasosopo was a huge Tom Hanks fan and was friends with fake Lennay the volleyball player due to the connections of Wilson from Cast Away.  More or less the same story though.

Also possible. Almost impossible not to be Tom Hanks fan regardless of the connections.

I think we can agree though it most certainly was Mantai as the protagonist who loved the on-line version of the antagonist Tuiossissopo, but hated the real life version of him cause he was a USC fan and possibly because he was male.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 17, 2013, 04:02:46 PM »

I think back then it was just vengeance for getting butthurt.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 17, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
Speaking of movies, how soon before this one is made...
and will it appear on Lifetime or will they try to spin it into the next Rudy movie?

30 for 30

Offline one time gella

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 17, 2013, 04:09:01 PM »
I'm definitely gonna have MT on my fantasy football team next year...
He should dominate  :excited:

Online Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 17, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »

I think back then it was just vengeance for getting butthurt.

translation (approximate): "U MAD BRO?"
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 17, 2013, 04:24:07 PM »
I feel like this thread should already have a million more pages by now.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 17, 2013, 04:39:16 PM »
i like how now the media clowns like mandel are going on and on about how it's not realistic that te'o was in on it.....because, ya know, this is a completely normal situation.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 17, 2013, 04:45:29 PM »
i like how now the media clowns like mandel are going on and on about how it's not realistic that te'o was in on it.....because, ya know, this is a completely normal situation.

Mandel has been exceptionally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) about this.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 17, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
http://www.headingfortheexits.com/hfte-exclusive-chat-transcript-between-manti-teo-and-lennay-kekua/

heh

Manti: stop car

Lenny: The car hit me and I died of cancer.

Manti: no

Lenny: I’m dead now. I have died.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 17, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »

The more he was hoaxed, the less wrong the media is in their own eyes.

as far as the media goes, either they were directly used by an evil genius looking for pub to help his status, or they reported details of some schmuck that turned out to be a bamboozled idiot.

In the former, the media is the idiot.  In the later, it's Te'o.  The media would rather Te'o be the idiot.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 17, 2013, 04:50:07 PM »
Guys this is so awesome but imagine how much more awesome it would be if he had won the Heisman and thanked her in the speech.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 17, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »
http://www.headingfortheexits.com/hfte-exclusive-chat-transcript-between-manti-teo-and-lennay-kekua/

heh

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lenny: The car hit me and I died of cancer.

Lenny: I’m dead now. I have died.

Manti: no lennay

Lenny: I am dead. Goodbye forever.

Manti: pizza with cheese meat peperronii to south bend

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 17, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »
i'm waiting for a reverse hoax, where the real lanney comes out of hiding and is proven to be a real person, and that she pretended to die because he was annoying her with the mormon stuff.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 17, 2013, 04:52:40 PM »
SI’s Pete Thamel Released the Transcript of His Interview with Manti Te’o About His Dead Fake Girlfriend
College Football, Death, Manti Te'o, Media Gossip/Musings Stephen Douglas January 17th. 2013, 5:11pm

Sports Illustrated has released the full trascript of Pete Thamel’s interview with Manti Te’o. You can read Thamel’s interview, along with some more notes at Sports Illustrated.com. I have picked out a few select portions that I found interesting. From Sports Illustrated:

SI: How did you meet her?

TE’O: We met just, ummmm, just she knew my cousin. And kind of saw me there so. Just kind of regular.

SI: How long were you dating? I know that can be a complicated question.

TE’O: Oct. 15 was the official date. Of last year. I’ve known her for four years. So we’ve been friends.

SI: So you dated for about a year.

TE’O: Yeah.

—–

SI: She has a Hawaiian sounding name. Is she from there?

TE’O: Her real name is actually Melelengei, but her friends couldn’t say that so they just called her Lennay.

SI: What did she do?

TE’O: She actually just graduated from Stanford. She worked at Clark’s Construction Company, I think. She replaced her dad after her dad passed.

SI: When did her dad pass?

TE’O: In October. She took that mantle for him.

SI: Does the family own a construction business?

TE’O: No. But they’re part of the whole administration, the higher-ups. Their family worked really hard and worked their way up. She’s very smart, very smart and very intellectual. She worked there but her main dream was to work with kids. She traveled all around. She taught at elementary schools. She flew to New Zealand to just work with kids. That’s what she loved to do, work with children.

—–

SI: What did she study?

TE’O: She graduated in 2011 or 2010. 2011.

SI: What was her major?

TE’O: Her major was in English and something. I’ll double check.

SI: I can call Stanford and check. They have to have some record or note that she passed.

SI: So long distance relationship?

TE’O: She was supposed to come [to visit me at Notre Dame]. She was just cleared to come to the Wake Forest game, my senior game. It was mainly just on the phone, every day.

—–

SI: Where did you meet her in California?

TE’O: She actually came to one of the games. She saw me at one of the games.

SI: October 15, I assume is USC?

TE’O: That was in November. But she saw me at the USC game of my sophomore year. We were still just friends, we were acquaintances.

There you go. Te’o told Thamel that he would talk to his girlfriend while she was in her coma and her breathing would increase. She was given a job at a construction company that her father had held. He didn’t know when she graduated or what she majored in despite the fact that they talked on the phone nonstop? Of course, if he was in on it, he would have an answer for every question. Right? This is still really weird.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 17, 2013, 04:56:47 PM »
There you go. Te’o told Thamel that he would talk to his girlfriend while she was in her coma and her breathing would increase. She was given a job at a construction company that her father had held. He didn’t know when she graduated or what she majored in despite the fact that they talked on the phone nonstop? Of course, if he was in on it, he would have an answer for every question. Right? This is still really weird.

The only weird thing is people that think Te'o didn't know she was fake.  Well that and the whole idea of faking it in the first place.
:adios:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 17, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »
Too much hesitation and inconsistencies in his answers to make it seem like he was hoaxed. Too many details (job, dad dying) to think he was covering up being embarrassed by getting hoaxed. He was in on it 100%

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 17, 2013, 05:02:08 PM »
Guys this is so awesome but imagine how much more awesome it would be if he had won the Heisman and thanked her in the speech.

:thumbs:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 17, 2013, 05:04:33 PM »
Too much hesitation and inconsistencies in his answers to make it seem like he was hoaxed. Too many details (job, dad dying) to think he was covering up being embarrassed by getting hoaxed. He was in on it 100%

Yep.  Way too much detail in back story. 

Also, the thing not focused on in the media I have heard today is that the guy behind the hoax(supposedly) was supposedly a very good friend of Te'o.

In hoaxes, there has to be a payoff.  Financially, emotionally, something.  What was the payoff for a guy to get pics from some old classmate, alter said pics enough to not have Google Image eff up his fun, hire a chick to act like some fake chick for a year on the phone daily, make multiple fake social media accts, call up Te'o's pops and fam and have convos, etc.

That is a deep detailed long con and I just don't see what the payoff is.  It certainly is a lot of work to just call someone a dumbass and laugh.

The pay off that makes sense is that the con was on the media and the nation and that the payoff is increased hype for Te'o for awards and draft status.  All the media I have heard today blow this off as not being feasible because it supposedly started 3 yrs ago.  Well, his own story says that the gf part of the relationship started this year, so I would guess the con started this year and the other 2 yrs are simply back story.

I just don't see anyway this is anything else at this point.

Even the gay thing seems much less likely for some reason now.