Author Topic: _FANalysis #3 from OU: Empty Backfield Scheme  (Read 14377 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
_FANalysis #3 from OU: Empty Backfield Scheme
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »
Anyone can field this question as they wish, but I'd love to get either _Fan or Hatter's opinion  (or both!?!) :

If you had to choose the "strength" of our O-Line, would you say that they (as a collective unit) are better at run blocking, or pass protection?

Can you have a strength if you have no weakness?

Question with a question, eh??  :shakesfist:  That said, I like your answer!!!    :emawkid:
It's a really hard question to answer at this point. Rooks and Lucas are your prototypical pass blocking tackles, and have protected Collin really well so far. But I would say run blocking for the fact that that Hubert/Klein have had so much success....and everytime we pull Whitehair he just flat out destroys people.

Agreed. Based on the season so far, especially the OU game, the line has shown they are solid at both. Now we have to see if it holds for the season. The ability to protect in the empty sets was particularly impressive in pass blocking, OU really didn't come close to pressuring Klein.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: _FANalysis #3 from OU: Empty Backfield Scheme
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 08:01:07 PM »
KELLIS ROBINETT, TEREZ PAYLOR, BOB LUTZ, KIM NUSSBAUM, YOU WILL ALL BE SUED HAHAHAHA

catzacker

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2012, 08:02:55 PM »
Agreed. Based on the season so far, especially the OU game, the line has shown they are solid at both. Now we have to see if it holds for the season. The ability to protect in the empty sets was particularly impressive in pass blocking, OU really didn't come close to pressuring Klein.

Was it me or did Mike try the "KU vs. Brad Smith" approach to Klein?  Like, he seemed perfectly content with applying zero pressure all night, it was almost like he instructed his tackles to remain at the line of scrimmage (either that or our Guards/Center are f'ing spectacular).  I dunno.  I guess the empty or spread formations kept them from bringing backers like last year.  I thought Mike was even more aggressive than Beautiful Venzy.

catzacker

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
_Fan, have a question.  As it relates to our defense, can you explain why we couldn’t/didn’t/had a hard time adjusting to OU’s set where they lined up in shotgun set with the RB off set to the right, w/ twins to each side..motioned the RB to the side (moving AB with him)…the inside receiver(s) run a seam route or deep out, the outside receiver(s) runs a delay underneath but always stops outside of the hash.  We kinda got destroyed on this nearly every time they ran it.  I wasn’t sure why we couldn’t make the adjustment or what those routes were doing to our secondary that made it so difficult to adjust. 

Can you post a link to an example from youtube? I'd like to look at it. Honestly, I'm more in tune with offense because I know more on that side of the ball, but I would be interested in looking at what you are talking about.

They actually didn't run it as much as I thought nor was it really for that much of yardage.  I thought it was about 5 times, it was only 4 (however even one of those 4 they ran a  WR screen off that same action).

28:35
50:35
54:25

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »
Man Kellis, that's awful.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »
Man Kellis, that's awful.

So, all our bros (Beak, Manbeck, Rob) are gone from the media table leaving a bunch of losers and rookie Hambone.  No holds barred this hoops season.  I just hope I can yell as loud as normal while wearing my grocery bag.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2012, 08:46:42 PM »
jfc, kellis. at least hide the fact that you are straight copying from goEMAW.

http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012/09/26/film-room-the-empty-backfield/

Following in the footsteps of Missouri beat writer Terez Paylor, who came up with the Film Room idea last week, here is a look at how K-State used the empty backfield, and how Oklahoma responded to it, on Saturday.

:dubious:

oh man.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »
What if Fan is Kellis?  And Kellis is Fan?  Finkel?  Einhorn?  I'm so confused.
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:45 PM »
What if Fan is Kellis?  And Kellis is Fan?  Finkel?  Einhorn?  I'm so confused.
your gun is digging into my hip!

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2012, 06:42:19 AM »
jfc, kellis. at least hide the fact that you are straight copying from goEMAW.

http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012/09/26/film-room-the-empty-backfield/

I figured Fitz would jack it. Never even occurred to me that Kellis would. And you wonder why all the talent keeps leaving the Star. Smh

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »
so is goEMAW brass actually doing something about this or just throwing poop at him on twitter?  I mean, I'm not sure whether plagiarism can actually be proven here (even though it's pretty obvious to us), but if this site has an actual real life chance to get a shitty sqwuawk beat writer in hot water and all you do is try and embarrass him via social media... :facepalm:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »
so is goEMAW brass actually doing something about this or just throwing poop at him on twitter?  I mean, I'm not sure whether plagiarism can actually be proven here (even though it's pretty obvious to us), but if this site has an actual real life chance to get a shitty sqwuawk beat writer in hot water and all you do is try and embarrass him via social media... :facepalm:

They hired him despite worse.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »
Oh my word Kellis.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: _FANalysis #3 from OU: Empty Backfield Scheme
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »

just to clarify...

as an employee of a major regional news outlet, being a shitty beat writer and hating the team you cover is a worse offense than blatant plagiarism.

got it
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: _FANalysis #3 from OU: Empty Backfield Scheme
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »

just to clarify...

as an employee of a major regional news outlet, being a shitty beat writer and hating the team you cover is a worse offense than blatant plagiarism.

got it

To be fair, he didn't even use Youtube...

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2012, 09:11:40 AM »
Can we use some of that IP magic that the mods do to see how often Kellis was on the blog?  Could probably start by using a JMart IP maybe :dunno:

Then: cease and desist

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2012, 09:15:22 AM »

just to clarify...

got it

No.  They hired (past tense) him despite worse.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2012, 10:14:44 AM »
Kellis in damage control mode now

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »
Kellis in damage control mode now

Just noticed this high-tech breakdown of K-State's empty backfield. Good stuff. Check it out: goEMAW.com/blog/?p=2319

@TrimGoEMAW Settle down. I didn't rip anyone off. Saw that post for the first time this morning. Sometimes people have similar ideas.

SETTLE DOWN TRIM!!! SETTLE DOWN!!!!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »
wow. did he just delete all of the comments and make it impossible to make a new comment. what an absolute clownshow of a joke. i mean i had about 8% respect for the guy before this and 0% now. he should be absolutely embarrased and ashamed.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2012, 10:30:39 AM »
wow. did he just delete all of the comments and make it impossible to make a new comment.
no?
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2012, 10:40:33 AM »
wow. did he just delete all of the comments and make it impossible to make a new comment.
no?

weird. they don't show up from my work computer. level of respect back up to 8%. 10% if there is a written apology.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2012, 10:47:21 AM »
The saddest part is that his were significantly shittier than _FAN's.  At least slightly improve upon it if you're going to plagiarize.  For the sake of Jesus Christos, it's his rough ridin' job.  :facepalm: 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2012, 10:51:19 AM »
The saddest part is that his were significantly shittier than _FAN's.  At least slightly improve upon it if you're going to plagiarize.  For the sake of Jesus Christos, it's his rough ridin' job.  :facepalm: 

Even if he had any HFIQ to put in, I highly doubt his subscribers would be able to appreciate it.  Going with "the middle opened up and he completed the pass for a first down" is about as HFIQ as it can get for them.
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
LET'S GET HIM!  :curse: