Author Topic: Guys, I'm struggling with how to articulate just how far past KU I am looking  (Read 8804 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I'm struggling with how to articulate just how far past KU I am looking
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
Pete,

while I appreciate your Expectation to Win (Goal #13) and Enthusiasm (Goal #8), you need to show more Self Discipline (Goal #6) and provide some Leadership (Goal #15) and remember that part of Consistency (Goal #14) is taking it one game at a time.  Just keep sawing wood.

Thanks,

Catzacker

For the younger guys on the board, this is how it's done.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I'm struggling with how to articulate just how far past KU I am looking
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2012, 10:15:23 PM »
Pete,

while I appreciate your Expectation to Win (Goal #13) and Enthusiasm (Goal #8), you need to show more Self Discipline (Goal #6) and provide some Leadership (Goal #15) and remember that part of Consistency (Goal #14) is taking it one game at a time.  Just keep sawing wood.

Thanks,

Catzacker

For the younger guys on the board, this is how it's done.

yeah, only a select few can come up with something like that.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »
BTW, I grew up looking past KU.  IMO, it is the way that life should be for Cat football fans.  Look ahead to bigger and better things, enjoy the annual thrashing, then move on to bigger and better things.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2012, 10:26:10 PM »
True Story:

In 2004, when we lost to KU for the first time in 13 years in football, I was with Catzacker in Lawrence at the game.  At the end of the game, he just looks over at me and says "Well, Jim Wooldridge just got fired." 

He was essentially correct...the fan base immediately turned it sights to basketball, and became enraged at the idea (overnight) of not being competitive in basketball...AND Tim Weiser TRIED to fire Wooly that Spring, but Weefs stepped in and prevented it.  A year later, he was fired.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2012, 10:41:03 PM »
True Story:

In 2004, when we lost to KU for the first time in 13 years in football, I was with Catzacker in Lawrence at the game.  At the end of the game, he just looks over at me and says "Well, Jim Wooldridge just got fired." 

He was essentially correct...the fan base immediately turned it sights to basketball, and became enraged at the idea (overnight) of not being competitive in basketball...AND Tim Weiser TRIED to fire Wooly that Spring, but Weefs stepped in and prevented it.  A year later, he was fired.

I was there too.  It was a feeling like nothing I'd ever experienced.  I was literally sick to my stomach watching their celebration.  I was in a sickening, bizarre daze.  Just a terrible feeling. 

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2012, 11:25:58 PM »
guys, former ku stud jon cornish has been fined for mooning the crowd in the CFL.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2012, 09:20:48 AM »
klein should play the whole first quarter and then sit his ass down and let us live #life

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2012, 09:29:59 AM »
klein should play the whole first quarter and then sit his ass down and let us live #life

YES PLEASE SUN GODS AND MOON GODS MAKE THIS HAPPEN. HELL, PLAY #life AT THE 14:00 MARK OF THE 1ST QUARTER. LET HIM PASS. LET HIM DAZZLE. LET HIM LIVE.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2012, 11:16:59 AM »
I've been thinking more about this, and I think the best way that I can put this is to say that if KU were a bagillion feet tall, I would still overlook them by like a bagillion miles.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »
I just now realized that we didn't have two consecutive bye weeks (which I thought was odd).  I still plan on treating them as two consecutive bye weeks, however.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »
If I were on the team, I'd be out in Aggieville til 3 AM getting hammered the night before. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:29:43 AM by CartierFor3 »

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »
Our guys are going to be so well rested going into the ISU and WVU games.  :D
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »
If I were on the team, I'd be out in Aggieville til 3 AM getting hammered the night before.

I may drive to town and open a tab for players at Kites.  Just for the players over 21, though!

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2012, 12:31:35 PM »

I may drive to town and open a tab for players at Kites.  Just for the players over 21, though!

I'll open one for the players AND player's wives!

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »
KU is officially the only team in the big 12 that DOESN'T scare me :ohno:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »

If Nebraska and MU were still here I'd say them too.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »

Well yeah thats a given, and CU.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »

Well yeah thats a given, and CU.

Creighton was never in our coney bruh

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »
True Story:

I was there too.  It was a feeling like nothing I'd ever experienced.  I was literally sick to my stomach watching their celebration.  I was in a sickening, bizarre daze.  Just a terrible feeling.

Was also there.  Can confirm that on the way back to the car I had to stop and sneak into a random backyard so I could cry like a bitch for 10-18 minutes. 
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »
True Story:

Was also there.  Can confirm that on the way back to the car I had to stop and sneak into a random backyard so I could cry like a bitch for 10-18 minutes.
Thx. for opening up to us about the horrid game.  I was there too.  :bawl:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Should we all bet our immortal souls on this game?  Maybe the eyes of our children?

What would be a big enough bet when you are 100% sure you are going to win a game?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Should we all bet our immortal souls on this game?  Maybe the eyes of our children?

What would be a big enough bet when you are 100% sure you are going to win a game?

I bet $100, planning on betting more if USC wins and hits the over tonight, and I'm just a poor college student.

For a more elite :kstategrad: such as yourself I would suggest your house, car, and first-born child.
:adios:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
True Story:

Thx. for opening up to us about the horrid game.  I was there too.  :bawl:

My wife and I were in attendance.  Walking back to our vehicle, I heard chants of same old K-State coming from behind us.  I turned around and politely said that if it was the same old K-State, we would have won by 40.  Still pissed about that game.....
@mikec2w

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If I had to bet on whether K-State would beat KU in football, OR whether I would someday die, I think it would hard to decide.  I think I have as good of a shot at being immortal as KU has beating K-State.

Does anyone have the contact information for key players on our team?  If so, please PM those to me.  I want to tell them all how confident I am that we will easily beat KU.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:54:46 AM by Pete »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What is easier; getting boners while looking at Sophia Vergara KSU wildcat pictures, or playing KU in football?  This is the kind of thing that I would to talk to Arthur Brown about.

I bet he would totally agree.