Author Topic: Guys, I'm struggling with how to articulate just how far past KU I am looking  (Read 8796 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I'm struggling with how to articulate just how far past KU I am looking
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »
sonofdorkjones

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I'm struggling with how to articulate just how far past KU I am looking
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2012, 04:03:46 PM »
We will shut them out.

:lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2012, 04:05:20 PM »
Unbelievable amount of KU tuck fans have approached me (when I am wearing emaw gear) since Saturday night saying "Boy what a great victory this weekend for you guys! I have been a KU basketball fan for a long time, not football though, and boy it's great to watch Snyder's teams compete. I root for K-State in football all the time."

I mean this is nothing new, but it seems they are becoming more and more open about it, and delusional about how mumped up it is to literally ignore your team's football program because it is so awful.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
Me:  Not a Dork

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
Unbelievable amount of KU tuck fans have approached me (when I am wearing emaw gear) since Saturday night saying "Boy what a great victory this weekend for you guys! I have been a KU basketball fan for a long time, not football though, and boy it's great to watch Snyder's teams compete. I root for K-State in football all the time."

I mean this is nothing new, but it seems they are becoming more and more open about it, and delusional about how mumped up it is to literally ignore your team's football program because it is so awful.

I'd tell them to eff off. Don't want those losers

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »
When the Lynch Mob was at their best, we let #11 Nebraska score 30 on us in Manhattan. We held #6 Oklahoma to 19 in Norman.

C'mon dax, the Lynch Mob is back.

First off, there will never be a real Lynch Mob again because offenses are different, and people also forget that the Lynch Mob was exposed multiple times back then.   OU also fumbled on the 1 yard line . . . this defense is similar to what Snyder played when he first got to K-State, try to get the right people on the field, bend and don't break, try and create turnovers.   But they aren't going to shut anyone down . . . there were a couple of times back then when we held conference teams to less than 150 yards for the whole game.   Everybody would be giving each other handjobs if this defense could pull that off for one half against a conference team.

:jerk:
:jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

:jerk::jerk::jerk:
    :jerk:                :jerk:
:jerk:                       :jerk:
         :jerk::jerk: :jerk:       

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »
When the Lynch Mob was at their best, we let #11 Nebraska score 30 on us in Manhattan. We held #6 Oklahoma to 19 in Norman.

C'mon dax, the Lynch Mob is back.

First off, there will never be a real Lynch Mob again because offenses are different, and people also forget that the Lynch Mob was exposed multiple times back then.   OU also fumbled on the 1 yard line . . . this defense is similar to what Snyder played when he first got to K-State, try to get the right people on the field, bend and don't break, try and create turnovers.   But they aren't going to shut anyone down . . . there were a couple of times back then when we held conference teams to less than 150 yards for the whole game.   Everybody would be giving each other handjobs if this defense could pull that off for one half against a conference team.

:jerk:
:jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

:jerk::jerk::jerk:
         :jerk::jerk: :jerk:     

:sdeek:

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2012, 04:15:41 PM »
well this thread has turned into one big circle jerk :flush:
:adios:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »
well this thread has turned into one big circle jerk :flush:

aka the next two weeks on goEMAW dot com

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2012, 04:20:49 PM »
you know who likes to flash the  :lynchmob: more than almost anyone on gameday?

#LIFE, that's who  :love:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2012, 04:31:02 PM »
Prediction:  Sam Johnson makes some noise

Prediction: Bender's girlfriend gives him permission to leave his house and he arrives just in time to score 2 TD's against the Jayhawks.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2012, 04:32:20 PM »
How long before Pick get's put in to save Dwayne's confidence and body to live to fight another day?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
smile dax, it'll feel great
emaw

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
This game is really important to Collin in the heisman race. He needs to pile up as stat fluff as he can before he is benched by halftime.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
Sonofbutthurtjones is more like it.  We knock off a top-10 team on the road and Dax doesnt wait 2 days before he starts in with the doom and gloom/chicken little shtick.  What a sad way to live life.  (And no, you dont get a #.)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »
So far they all have to go back . . . underneath the slot limit.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
This D is better than the lynch mob. It's just that offenses are so much better now than 10-15 years ago. It's like the Dream Team thing basically.

'99 defense had like 9 of 11 starters make it to the NFL...there was more talent then, unquestionably.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2012, 05:07:42 PM »
When you only factor in BCS-AQ competition, KSU is 12th in the nation against the run allowing 2.29 yards per attempt.

Including the KSU game, Oklahoma is averaging 6.11 yards per attempt, and Miami is averaging 5.13 yards per attempt.

We are tied for 6th in the nation in fumbles forced and 3rd in fumbles recovered.

If you want to run on this team, we're daring you to do it, and we're daring you to do it while we routinely play soft zone coverage on the corners and play zone coverage with our safeties.

This defense is built to stop the spread, and it's why we're going to have a harder time beating TCU and Texas than we were OU and WVU.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2012, 05:11:14 PM »
I really like the different DL packages we use. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »
I really like Adam Davis. I think he figured out this football thing.  :thumbs:

catzacker

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2012, 05:23:48 PM »
Pete,

while I appreciate your Expectation to Win (Goal #13) and Enthusiasm (Goal #8), you need to show more Self Discipline (Goal #6) and provide some Leadership (Goal #15) and remember that part of Consistency (Goal #14) is taking it one game at a time.  Just keep sawing wood.

Thanks,

Catzacker

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »
Pete,

while I appreciate your Expectation to Win (Goal #13) and Enthusiasm (Goal #8), you need to show more Self Discipline (Goal #6) and provide some Leadership (Goal #15) and remember that part of Consistency (Goal #14) is taking it one game at a time.  Just keep sawing wood.

Thanks,

Catzacker

fffffffffffffffff

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile

Make fun of Weis all you want, but he's not Terry Allen or Turner Gill, and despite everybody high fiving and giving each other reach arounds about Saturday night, that still ain't the Lynch Mob we're putting out there on defense.

Dax is spot on here. KU has WAY more potential under Weis. If we don't give KU at least a little bit of respect and completely sleepwalk through these next 2 weeks, we may be in for a rude awakening. I mean if we don't prep for them at all, there's a chance we might not cover the spread til like the 3rd or maybe even 4th quarter.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2012, 07:12:58 PM »
I'm definitely looking past KU, like way past them.  It feels weird knowing that the Cats' first "real" game is almost three weeks away. 

I bet we beat those 'Hawks by way more than 30 and probably have our better players resting midway through the third. 

I guess I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of #life that game.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2012, 07:33:47 PM »
I'm looking so far aheard that I'm debating if Gameday will be in Morgantown. In order for this WVU will have to be undefeated or a 1 loss team, because So. Carolina and Florida play that day as well. Basically, if WVU loses the more than likely fall out of the top 10, letting Florida make the jump in. You'd have to assume that Gameday is already planning on being at the FSU and Florida match-up though, right?