Author Topic: Guys, I'm struggling with how to articulate just how far past KU I am looking  (Read 8797 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I'm struggling with how to articulate just how far past KU I am looking
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »
Trying to remember the Mangino interview when he was on Snyder's staff, but basically said that when the team is practicing before the ku game, Snyder is actually practicing schemes, plays, etc. for the game after ku, but LHCBS is telling the team they're practicing for the ku game.

Well, I think that's a bunch of bull$hit.   Because during the majority of the time that Mangino was on the staff, the K-State vs ku game was extremely competitive.   It took Snyder 7 tries to beat ku really bad  and that was with K-State coming off a throttling in Lincoln.  Snyder lost to ku 3 times in his first 4 games against them, and while everyone rubbed one out when we beat them in Lawrence in '94 for the first time in forever . . .  and despite K-State dominating the game, ku had a chance to make it interesting but they dropped an easy pick 6.  ku came into Manhattan in '95 ranked in the Top 15.   Maybe by the Terry Allen era that was the case because we were overwhelming in terms of our firepower.   

Make fun of Weis all you want, but he's not Terry Allen or Turner Gill, and despite everybody high fiving and giving each other reach arounds about Saturday night, that still ain't the Lynch Mob we're putting out there on defense.

Translation:  We win by 50

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I'm struggling with how to articulate just how far past KU I am looking
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »
I like when KU fans use the "wait til basketball" mantra before the game has even been played.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »
you guys, 59-7 and 59-21 were so much fun. i want that again.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
The 67 to 0 was pretty good too.  The wind was just brutal and they couldn't do crap.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 03:28:16 PM »
Robert Rose Has A 3 TD Day

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 03:29:25 PM »
Why not just start Sams.  :dunno:

Trying to win a Heisman here.  Sams will get his next year.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »
We should welcome Charlie to Manhattan with one of those electric motor cooler cart thingys.  Seems like best of both worlds for the big guy.  What do you think?  I have seen people driving them at the lake.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2012, 03:30:54 PM »
I say we flip the score at half like the spring game, as to motivate our players in the 2nd half to get a little bit better.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:35:31 PM by wes mantooth »

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2012, 03:31:43 PM »
Maybe we should have Willie tackle a fat guy sitting on a cooler at mid-field?

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »
Pretty good feeling that the Johnson to Weber connection will really be unstoppable, you guys.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »
Serious question: after Johnson has handed off to Rose and Robinson for scores, do you think Bill will let Tuggle realize his dream of playing QB for a top 10 FBS team?
:adios:

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »
I saw we flip the score at half like the spring game, as to motivate our players in the 2nd half to get a little bit better.
:surprised:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »
When the Lynch Mob was at their best, we let #11 Nebraska score 30 on us in Manhattan. We held #6 Oklahoma to 19 in Norman.

C'mon dax, the Lynch Mob is back.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
This D is better than the lynch mob. It's just that offenses are so much better now than 10-15 years ago. It's like the Dream Team thing basically.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 03:42:22 PM »
Dax won't let his hair down, if even for a second. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 03:43:18 PM »
This D is better than the lynch mob. It's just that offenses are so much better now than 10-15 years ago. It's like the Dream Team thing basically.

This is pretty much spot on. Football has changed in that time frame.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 03:44:06 PM »
When the Lynch Mob was at their best, we let #11 Nebraska score 30 on us in Manhattan. We held #6 Oklahoma to 19 in Norman.

First off, there will never be a real Lynch Mob again because offenses are different, and people also forget that the Lynch Mob was exposed multiple times back then.   OU also fumbled on the 1 yard line . . . this defense is similar to what Snyder played when he first got to K-State, try to get the right people on the field, bend and don't break, try and create turnovers.   But they aren't going to shut anyone down . . . there were a couple of times back then when we held conference teams to less than 150 yards for the whole game.   Everybody would be giving each other handjobs if this defense could pull that off for one half against a conference team.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 03:45:54 PM »

This is really interesting...  Also true imo
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »
Canadian friend wants to know where we are supposed to go for the handjobs?
:adios:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »

First off, there will never be a real Lynch Mob again because offenses are different, and people also forget that the Lynch Mob was exposed multiple times back then.   OU also fumbled on the 1 yard line . . . this defense is similar to what Snyder played when he first got to K-State, try to get the right people on the field, bend and don't break, try and create turnovers.   But they aren't going to shut anyone down . . . there were a couple of times back then when we held conference teams to less than 150 yards for the whole game.   Everybody would be giving each other handjobs if this defense could pull that off for one half against a conference team.

Our '97-'00 defenses could not have held current Big 12 teams' offenses to under 150 yards. And guess what, we made teams fumble on the 1 yard line back then, too. But back then people didn't construe it to try to make it sound like it was a weakness of our D.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »
Everybody would be giving each other handjobs if this defense could pull that off for one half against a conference team.

Not me.  Let me know how that works out for you, Dax.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 03:53:57 PM »

:jerk:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »

:jerk:
:jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2012, 03:57:56 PM »
Weis marked down TCU as their Super Bowl and couldn't do a damn thing against them. Not concerned. As long as the team doesn't get as smug and conceited as us good smelling folks here at goEMAW dot com, then who gives a damn how we act?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 03:59:24 PM »
So dax thinks that there will never be another lynch mob because offenses have changed/improved so much but is butthurt that we aren't lynch mob quality against today's offenses.  What a dork.