Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 289750 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #1600 on: October 27, 2014, 10:29:06 PM »
"manhattan, ks has about five people in it'

-paul finebaum's side kick guy

Does he know that Starkville and Oxford combined are smaller than Manhattan?

They're not.  MHK's poplation of 55K includes both students and ft. riley soliders.  Looks like Oxford and Starkville don't include student body.

That's not true at all, not even a little bit. Let's completely ignore the rules of the census and that ft. riley's population actually counts for Ft. Riley, KS; there are 23,000 students and the fort has a population of 25,000. So for this to be true there would be only 7,000 people in Manhattan that aren't soldiers or students.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 27, 2014, 11:17:43 PM »
"manhattan, ks has about five people in it'

-paul finebaum's side kick guy

Does he know that Starkville and Oxford combined are smaller than Manhattan?

They're not.  MHK's poplation of 55K includes both students and ft. riley soliders.  Looks like Oxford and Starkville don't include student body.

That's not true at all, not even a little bit. Let's completely ignore the rules of the census and that ft. riley's population actually counts for Ft. Riley, KS; there are 23,000 students and the fort has a population of 25,000. So for this to be true there would be only 7,000 people in Manhattan that aren't soldiers or students.
The townies must be like a community play, running into waredrobe to change out of that gas station clerk outfit and into some plumber's overalls as soon as everyone clears out.   Miracle workers, those townies are.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 28, 2014, 08:12:53 AM »
I think our loss to Auburn looks better than Georgia losing to South Carolina and Ohio State losing to V-Tech

It shouldn't. Our win over Oklahoma looks a whole lot better than anything Georgia or Ohio State have done, though.
So if you have two 11-1 teams,team A and team B and team A's loss was to 12-0 team X and team B's loss was to KU it wouldn't matter?

No. I would want to know who the teams beat. Team B would be Big 12 champs and would likely have the better wins.
I agree SOS is important but if SOS is pretty much equal between two teams with one loss you need to look at the loss

If the schedules were equal, team B would have a win over an 11-1 team and clearly be the best team in its conference. Team A would just be 2nd best. I really don't care that team A was better than Kansas, and the committee shouldn't, either.
I think you're assuming A and B are in the same conference and played each other but they couldn't be,one would have two losses.

I just think if you have two one loss teams and they both have played really close SOS"s you have to look at the loss and if one of them lost to a really crap school the other should get the nod

If the schedules are truly equal, then the team with the worst loss should get the nod, because that means they have more good wins. Nobody should give a crap about a game against a team like Kansas.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 28, 2014, 10:05:14 AM »
Iowa State might be as bad as kansas.

Not even close. They put up 45 on Texas in Austin. KU has scored 82 points all year.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1604 on: October 28, 2014, 10:15:20 AM »

Not even close. They put up 45 on Texas in Austin. KU has scored 82 points all year.
:rolleyes:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: October 28, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »

:jerk:

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 28, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »

:jerk:

It's too bad we'll never know which team is worse.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 28, 2014, 04:48:57 PM »
I think our loss to Auburn looks better than Georgia losing to South Carolina and Ohio State losing to V-Tech

It shouldn't. Our win over Oklahoma looks a whole lot better than anything Georgia or Ohio State have done, though.
So if you have two 11-1 teams,team A and team B and team A's loss was to 12-0 team X and team B's loss was to KU it wouldn't matter?

No. I would want to know who the teams beat. Team B would be Big 12 champs and would likely have the better wins.
I agree SOS is important but if SOS is pretty much equal between two teams with one loss you need to look at the loss

If the schedules were equal, team B would have a win over an 11-1 team and clearly be the best team in its conference. Team A would just be 2nd best. I really don't care that team A was better than Kansas, and the committee shouldn't, either.
I think you're assuming A and B are in the same conference and played each other but they couldn't be,one would have two losses.

I just think if you have two one loss teams and they both have played really close SOS"s you have to look at the loss and if one of them lost to a really crap school the other should get the nod

If the schedules are truly equal, then the team with the worst loss should get the nod, because that means they have more good wins. Nobody should give a crap about a game against a team like Kansas.
If you lose to KU you should be forced to give up football

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 28, 2014, 10:53:22 PM »

If you lose to KU you should be forced to give up football
Or maybe just fire your coach.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 02, 2014, 07:43:27 AM »
Pretty sure this guy is a respect.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24778891/tomorrows-top-25-today-week-10

He's either saying we move up three spots in the AP (implying we'll move up in the CFP too), or he's inviting us over to burn his house down.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 08, 2014, 06:24:29 PM »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: November 08, 2014, 08:15:56 PM »

lol bookcat

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1613 on: November 10, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »
:frown:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: November 10, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »
still the second highest watched b12 team game of the season (#1 was cats-auby)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: November 11, 2014, 09:28:48 AM »
Ain't no TV's

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: November 11, 2014, 09:30:07 AM »
 :Crybaby:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1617 on: November 11, 2014, 09:49:37 AM »
Fox just doesn't get big ratings.  ESPN and ABC are where people go for pretty much all football.

Aside from the SEC on CBS, obviously.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 15, 2015, 02:29:24 PM »
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-five-teams-decline-2015?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=dpQ9Ta&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter#!dpQ9Ta

Kansas State

LHC Bill Snyder is one of college football’s top coaches, and it’s always risky to count out the Wildcats in any preseason prediction. But as we turn the page from 2014 to 2015, Kansas State has some major personnel losses. The prolific combination of quarterback Jake Waters and receiver Tyler Lockett have expired their eligibility, and the offense also must replace standout center B.J. Finney and receiver Curry Sexton. The defense loses All-Big 12 end Ryan Mueller, linebacker Jonathan Truman and defensive back Randall Evans. Mueller led the team with 11 tackles for a loss, while Truman paced all defenders with 128 stops. Evans picked recorded four picks and defended 14 passes in 2014. There’s still a solid core of players returning to Manhattan next season but winning at least eight games for the fourth consecutive year might be too much to ask with the departure of a handful of key seniors. Don’t count out Snyder’s team, but K-State is set for a small regression in wins next year.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 15, 2015, 02:43:36 PM »
said the same thing last year, what a puss

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: January 15, 2015, 10:02:16 PM »
Athlon as professional should of looked at how much easier our schedule got.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1621 on: January 15, 2015, 10:52:15 PM »
Athlon is the magazine French-Canadian tourists prefer when gambling at the sports books on Fremont Street
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd