Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 324015 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1150 on: November 07, 2013, 08:30:46 PM »
well, that's one benefit of the law, then.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 07, 2013, 09:38:28 PM »
At least he apologized

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 07, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
Not to be a waffler but it would appear that ACA is pretty crappy.  It will likely be repealed if the GOP doesn't absolutely butcher the next election, right?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 07, 2013, 10:01:06 PM »
Not to be a waffler but it would appear that ACA is pretty crappy.  It will likely be repealed if the GOP doesn't absolutely butcher the next election, right?

pretty unlikely, limestone.  pubs would have to take the senate.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 07, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »

pretty unlikely, limestone.  pubs would have to take the senate.

Won't at least some of the dems get pressure from their constituents to boot it?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: November 07, 2013, 10:21:02 PM »
Won't at least some of the dems get pressure from their constituents to boot it?

the election is a year away.  a lot of things happen in a year.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 07, 2013, 10:39:02 PM »
I definitely enjoy how pissed off some people are about this.  I'm not sure how many people actually care all that much, though, even if they think it's a shitty law.  The critics here represent literally no one that I interact with IRL.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 07, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
I definitely enjoy how pissed off some people are about this.  I'm not sure how many people actually care all that much, though, even if they think it's a shitty law.  The critics here represent literally no one that I interact with IRL.

It's called apathy.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 07, 2013, 11:29:52 PM »
I would guess that the only people who don't care are people like me whose healthcare plan is completely unaffected by obamacare.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 07, 2013, 11:40:05 PM »
What's the employer mandate?  Never heard if it.

:facepalm: Google it.

Oh.  I thought we were talking about things that affect premiums.

It will force many more employees into the exchanges where many will qualify for subsidies that their employer previously covered. Those subsidies will need to be covered through higher premiums.
just wanted to point this as a flat out lie

No, it's not, and please just stop until you have something intelligent to offer. Many employers already cancelled health insurance policies before the employer mandate was delayed. When the employer mandate is implemented, many more employers will either elect to pay the penalty or finagle with hours so they don't meet the threshold for the mandate, which in either event will result in employees having to purchase health insurance on their own. Of course, most of these employees will qualify for substantial subsidies, but again, this is just shifting more Americans onto government-subsidized Medicaid-esque insurance - a model that is already unsustainable. This really isn't that hard to understand. Why do you think Obama decided to unilaterally (because, after all, the law is whatever he wants it to be) delay the employer mandate until after the 2014 elections?!

Not to mention there are many employers with fewer than 50 employees that were offering health benefits that will no longer be able to afford to do so, and they will simply say screw it and send them to the exchanges.

well lets see
lie number 1) No one is forcing employers to cancel plans
lie number 2) Subsidies aren't covered through higher premiums
lie number 3) Long term unsustainability, now at this point we really can't say what the course will be.  As designed the ACA will bring in money to the government.  But with the horrid roll out there is no way to know how well this law will work until at least the end of the first quarter 2014.  To say otherwise is, as noted, a lie.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 08, 2013, 12:08:01 AM »

It will force many more employees into the exchanges where many will qualify for subsidies that their employer previously covered. Those subsidies will need to be covered through higher premiums.

No, it's not, and please just stop until you have something intelligent to offer. Many employers already cancelled health insurance policies before the employer mandate was delayed. When the employer mandate is implemented, many more employers will either elect to pay the penalty or finagle with hours so they don't meet the threshold for the mandate, which in either event will result in employees having to purchase health insurance on their own. Of course, most of these employees will qualify for substantial subsidies, but again, this is just shifting more Americans onto government-subsidized Medicaid-esque insurance - a model that is already unsustainable. This really isn't that hard to understand. Why do you think Obama decided to unilaterally (because, after all, the law is whatever he wants it to be) delay the employer mandate until after the 2014 elections?!

Not to mention there are many employers with fewer than 50 employees that were offering health benefits that will no longer be able to afford to do so, and they will simply say screw it and send them to the exchanges.

well lets see
lie number 3) Long term unsustainability, now at this point we really can't say what the course will be.  As designed the ACA will bring in money to the government.  But with the horrid roll out there is no way to know how well this law will work until at least the end of the first quarter 2014.  To say otherwise is, as noted, a lie.

Ed is basically right, no one is forcing employers to cancel plans, economics are (damn economics).  Subsidies aren't covered through higher premiums,
fairy pixies pay for that.  As far as long term unsustainability, well that is gonna be fine, you see we put a trillion on the 4th horse in the fifth race.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 08, 2013, 08:58:49 AM »

well lets see

Ed is basically right, no one is forcing employers to cancel plans, economics are (damn economics).  Subsidies aren't covered through higher premiums,
fairy pixies pay for that.  As far as long term unsustainability, well that is gonna be fine, you see we put a trillion on the 4th horse in the fifth race.

:lol: You're not going to bring Ed around - he takes libtard to the next level. He's like an emaw version of Beems. To the credit of most libtards on this board, they're not even trying to defend this turd anymore.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 08, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »
I would guess that the only people who don't care are people like me whose healthcare plan is completely unaffected by obamacare.

So, 85% of the country?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 08, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »

So, 85% of the country?

Until next year when the employer mandate (which Obama delayed, because it's going to suck) kicks in.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 08, 2013, 10:46:55 AM »
hopefully this will make everyone realize that moving to single payer would be the best.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 08, 2013, 11:18:56 AM »
hopefully this will make everyone realize that moving to single payer would be the best.

This is why Obama has been lying about the plan from day one. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1166 on: November 08, 2013, 11:19:34 AM »

Dood, they can't pull off a website and you think that's the next logical step?

Setting aside the waivers bullshit, I'm not sure the 85% is prepared to have shittier healthcare for the greater good.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 08, 2013, 11:33:30 AM »

Right. Obamacare is perfect example of why we need the government to just take the whole thing over. :lol: Wait... there's probably about half the county (maybe more?) who actually believes this. :facepalm:

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 08, 2013, 11:34:41 AM »
Some people are getting screwed by the new system (very few) because they were in health groups that included mostly people without pre-existing conditions. Basically their pool was all healthy people, so premiums were low. Now they're finding out they can't just exclude all the sick people from their pool and their expense is going up. This is for the individual market only, of course.

So the result is that a few people are ending up losers in this new system. Now if we had moved to a single payer system, everyone would be getting treated the same way. The pool would be the entire United States (including fat people in the South), and we'd just pay a health tax.  You may end up paying a lot more this way than you do now, but it would be hard to complain since it would be "fair."

I think the ACA may end up being better than a single payer if we can get past this whining stage. We still have private insurers who are motivated to keep people healthy and run things efficiently, etc, but we also are covering people who couldn't get insurance before.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 08, 2013, 11:40:21 AM »
Some people are getting screwed by the new system (very few) because they were in health groups that included mostly people without pre-existing conditions. Basically their pool was all healthy people, so premiums were low. Now they're finding out they can't just exclude all the sick people from their pool and their expense is going up. This is for the individual market only, of course.

So the result is that a few people are ending up losers in this new system. Now if we had moved to a single payer system, everyone would be getting treated the same way. The pool would be the entire United States (including fat people in the South), and we'd just pay a health tax.  You may end up paying a lot more this way than you do now, but it would be hard to complain since it would be "fair."

I think the ACA may end up being better than a single payer if we can get past this whining stage. We still have private insurers who are motivated to keep people healthy and run things efficiently, etc, but we also are covering people who couldn't get insurance before.

There are currently 68 million people on group plans that will need new government approved plans once the employer mandate exception expires. They will all be paying more. This is a job killing fiasco. We are Greece.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 08, 2013, 11:54:10 AM »

well lets see

:lol: You're not going to bring Ed around - he takes libtard to the next level. He's like an emaw version of Beems. To the credit of most libtards on this board, they're not even trying to defend this turd anymore.
Hey dumbass, wanting you to be factually accurate in your criticism of a law isn't defending the law.  Its defending the truth.   
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 08, 2013, 08:42:02 PM »
This is great. These dudes put a health care site together that works.

http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/

Meet the Health Sherpa, the website HealthCare.gov probably should have been. George Kalogeropoulos, Ning Liang and Michael Wasser saw the troubled launch and decided they could do a better health care enrolment website better than the government and, by golly, they succeeded. The Health Sherpa makes it ridiculously easy for anyone to compare health care plans covered under Obamacare in 34 states. (They left out the 16 states with existing marketplace sites, though it seems support for those states is coming soon.) The result is a simple, beautiful, remarkably responsive website that anyone could use.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 08, 2013, 09:27:51 PM »
Weird question but does this all come down to whether or not your existence on earth should depend on how much money you make?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 08, 2013, 10:04:04 PM »

Weird question but does this all come down to whether or not your existence on earth should depend on how much money you make?

;)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1174 on: November 08, 2013, 10:42:34 PM »
Existence on earth is a right, not a privilege.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd