Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 323987 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1000 on: October 27, 2013, 03:23:45 PM »
Republicans are so dumb.

obamacare is not a good system. Nobody could legitimately argue it is.

they aren't mutually exclusive.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:24 PM »
JFC, Edna  :facepalm:
quote me where I'm wrong.  your ignorance is showing.

Ok, let's see if I've got this straight. ObamaCare was rammed through Congress without a single Republican vote - and even then it required a number of bribes, plus special legislative maneuvering after Scott Brown won Ted Kennedy's seat on the promise to be the 60th vote against ObamaCare - and it's the Republicans' fault for not helping to implement something they universally opposed?

It wasn't rammed through congress, it was debated on for close to a year and many republicans had a say, and the main say they got was their 90s idea being implemented while single payer and the public option were thrown to the side. 

Also it is a fact that republican governors thumbed their nose at the law and refused the money to build  their state exchanges thus turning the Obamacare website into a much more complex project than originally planned. 

Our own lousy person as a governor is one of them and he  has also basically refused money from the Feds to cover the poor in this state and therefore added to the problem of the uninsured.

ObamaCare never started out as single payer. Not one. Single. Republican. Voted for this law. At least two dem senators were bribed. The House and Senate never even voted on the same frigging bill, because the dems had to use budget reconciliation to ram it through after losing their filibuster proof majority due to the election of a republican senator in Massachusetts due to popular backlash against ObamaCare. These are facts.

And republicans are to blame for not helping to implement a law they never supported? This truly is the dumbest excuse yet. The Feds stepped in and created their own exchanges anyway - they just don't work.

Finally, these problems with the exchanges are just the beginning. This was the easy part! The real problems begin once people really begin signing up in greater numbers. That is when the fundamental disaster of ObamaCare will be revealed. Primarily older, sicker people will sign up. Not enough young people will be willing to pay the high premiums for coverage they don't need. Rates will soar higher due to the adverse selection.
You've made it abundantly clear you have no idea how this law has been implemented, what its components are, or how it works.  I mean just no clue whatsoever.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 27, 2013, 05:56:36 PM »

Ok, let's see if I've got this straight. ObamaCare was rammed through Congress without a single Republican vote - and even then it required a number of bribes, plus special legislative maneuvering after Scott Brown won Ted Kennedy's seat on the promise to be the 60th vote against ObamaCare - and it's the Republicans' fault for not helping to implement something they universally opposed?

It wasn't rammed through congress, it was debated on for close to a year and many republicans had a say, and the main say they got was their 90s idea being implemented while single payer and the public option were thrown to the side. 

Also it is a fact that republican governors thumbed their nose at the law and refused the money to build  their state exchanges thus turning the Obamacare website into a much more complex project than originally planned. 

Our own lousy person as a governor is one of them and he  has also basically refused money from the Feds to cover the poor in this state and therefore added to the problem of the uninsured.

ObamaCare never started out as single payer. Not one. Single. Republican. Voted for this law. At least two dem senators were bribed. The House and Senate never even voted on the same frigging bill, because the dems had to use budget reconciliation to ram it through after losing their filibuster proof majority due to the election of a republican senator in Massachusetts due to popular backlash against ObamaCare. These are facts.

And republicans are to blame for not helping to implement a law they never supported? This truly is the dumbest excuse yet. The Feds stepped in and created their own exchanges anyway - they just don't work.

Finally, these problems with the exchanges are just the beginning. This was the easy part! The real problems begin once people really begin signing up in greater numbers. That is when the fundamental disaster of ObamaCare will be revealed. Primarily older, sicker people will sign up. Not enough young people will be willing to pay the high premiums for coverage they don't need. Rates will soar higher due to the adverse selection.
You've made it abundantly clear you have no idea how this law has been implemented, what its components are, or how it works.  I mean just no clue whatsoever.

These kinds of posts are meaningless unless you try to explain how it was implemented, what it's components are, and how it works. Anyone can blurt those words out.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 27, 2013, 06:02:38 PM »

These kinds of posts are meaningless unless you try to explain how it was implemented, what it's components are, and how it works. Anyone can blurt those words out.
Since Fake and KSU can't do it, how me where I'm wrong about how Brownback didn't screw people.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 27, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »

Since Fake and KSU can't do it, how me where I'm wrong about how Brownback didn't screw people.

Explain how brownback is screwing people. You may have a valid point, but we won't know until you explain it to the less informed.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: October 27, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »

Explain how brownback is screwing people. You may have a valid point, but we won't know until you explain it to the less informed.
I'm not going to spoon feed people crap they should know if they are going to enter into the debate.  If you're sufficiently educated you'll know exactly where I'm coming from when it say "states, exchange roll out, medicare expansion."   Those were all state level issues which are going to have a crippling effect on the coverage of the ACA because of the actions of ideologues like Brownback.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 27, 2013, 10:16:02 PM »

I'm not going to spoon feed people crap they should know if they are going to enter into the debate.  If you're sufficiently educated you'll know exactly where I'm coming from when it say "states, exchange roll out, medicare expansion."   Those were all state level issues which are going to have a crippling effect on the coverage of the ACA because of the actions of ideologues like Brownback.

Seems like this ACA thing wasn't debated enough before they voted in congress.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 27, 2013, 10:19:21 PM »
Lotta libtards on the wrong side of history in here, ACA won't last, just passed by the wall and there was writing on it guys.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1008 on: October 27, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
Well, Edna just made it abundantly clear he doesn't know jack crap about the implementation of the law.

Lol, that its on brownback.  Good grief what a libtard.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 28, 2013, 08:42:51 AM »
I know, I know, this isn't really adding anything "meaningful" to the discussion, unless your one of the millions getting screwed by Obamacare...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 28, 2013, 10:58:40 AM »
Straight from the healthcare.gov on "What do immigrant families need to know about the Marketplace", some reassurance for those families of "mixed" immigration status:

Mixed status families’ options for care and coverage

Many immigrant families are of “mixed status,” with members having different immigration and citizenship statuses. :lol: Some families may have taxpaying members who can’t buy health insurance through the Marketplace, alongside other family members who are eligible to use the Marketplace as citizens or lawfully present immigrants.

The same situation could apply in a family that has some members who are not eligible for full Medicaid, and others who are eligible for Medicaid or CHIP.

“Mixed status” families can apply for a tax credit or lower out-of-pocket costs for private insurance for their dependent family members who are eligible for coverage in the Marketplace or for Medicaid and CHIP coverage. Family members who aren't applying for health coverage for themselves won't be asked if they have eligible immigration status. That is none of the government's business. So for now, be sure to not apply for health coverage for family members who are undocumented. Rest assured, President Barack Obama is working to confer legal status on the presently undocumented as soon as possible. Please remember to vote.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 28, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »
Well, that's good for the immigrants. Hopefully they vote.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 28, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 28, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »
THESE PEOPLE'S PLANS ARE BEING CANCELLED!   THEY WILL NEVER HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AGAIN!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 28, 2013, 06:57:13 PM »
Well, Edna just made it abundantly clear he doesn't know jack crap about the implementation of the law.

Thanks for confirming you have no idea what the eff you are talking about. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 28, 2013, 08:59:20 PM »
Nothing meaningful here. http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite

President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.

Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.” 

Obama lied, health plans died.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 28, 2013, 09:03:06 PM »

Thanks for confirming you have no idea what the eff you are talking about.

Well, you certainly haven't convinced anyone either.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 28, 2013, 09:37:04 PM »
Our health plan was basically another member of the family.  So, when 2014 rolled around, it was like Obama took away our dog, shot it, and then tried to replace it with another dog that looked almost exactly the same.  "THIS IS NOT OUR HEALTH PLAN!", we all shouted.  "YOU KILLED OUR HEALTH PLAN, OBAMA!", we then shouted.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 28, 2013, 09:47:15 PM »
Obama lied, my health plan died!   :'bye cruel world:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 28, 2013, 10:01:47 PM »
Our health plan was basically another member of the family.  So, when 2014 rolled around, it was like Obama took away our dog, shot it, and then tried to replace it with another dog that looked almost exactly the same.  "THIS IS NOT OUR HEALTH PLAN!", we all shouted.  "YOU KILLED OUR HEALTH PLAN, OBAMA!", we then shouted.

Yes, almost a perfect analogy, except for the folks who liked the dog they had, but get a new government dog that only eats the most expensive food, requires weekly professional grooming, and has a nasty habit of shitting in the corner of the living room. But unless you're the poor sap who's getting eff'd over, I suppose that's not very meaningful, you know?

Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: October 28, 2013, 10:25:23 PM »
Dude, I'm pretty sure the reason those plans got canceled was because they were garbage and really weren't health plans at all.  Hence the reason the new plans cost more.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:49 PM »
Dude, I'm pretty sure the reason those plans got canceled was because they were garbage and really weren't health plans at all.  Hence the reason the new plans cost more.

And yet, the folks interviewed by NBC and other outlets were perfectly happy with their "garbage" plans. I know this seems unfathomable, but some people just don't need coverage for maternity, mental health, etc. Or at least, they don't perceive a need for such things. The government obviously knows better, right?

The Big Train

« Reply #1022 on: October 28, 2013, 11:14:57 PM »
Forgot this was a thread, can you guys give me an update?

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 28, 2013, 11:48:46 PM »

Yes, almost a perfect analogy, except for the folks who liked the dog they had, but get a new government dog that only eats the most expensive food, requires weekly professional grooming, and has a nasty habit of shitting in the corner of the living room. But unless you're the poor sap who's getting eff'd over, I suppose that's not very meaningful, you know?

I think we're in agreement that the additional costs to some are problematic.  I disagree that it's because of anything Obama said about people being able to keep their plans.  He also said some people would be paying more.  I just find the focus on supposed cancellations due to Obamacare's richer benefits to be completely misguided.  In a strict sense, everyone's plan gets cancelled every year.  That's how long they typically last.  Sometimes, there are benefit changes and/or corresponding rate changes from year to year.  Other times, there aren't.  "Cancellations" and benefit changes in this sense are ordinary business practice.

It should also be noted that this cancellation catastrophe affects three percent of the population, the very large majority of whom won't even see huge rate increases.  The people who are truly going to get mumped over are the people who didn't have insurance before.  I think we may even agree on that point, too, although you probably got your info from some awful source.  I looked it up a few weeks ago, and it's no big mystery as alleged, but a decent rule of thumb is that a person at the poverty level will contribute $100 per month after subsidies.  That's $100 per month for someone who makes $11,000 per year.  This is what you should focus on, in my opinion.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 29, 2013, 07:38:12 AM »
Forgot this was a thread, can you guys give me an update?

Barry is an enormous liar jerk guy