Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 323943 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #950 on: October 23, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »
TRASHING

Now you're getting it. Seriously though, if at any point you find something to the contrary, feel free to share. Or just go ahead and keep pretending that policies are not being cancelled due to ObamaCare mandates. Up to you.

What I'm getting is that I completely mistook you to be saying that there was something of significance about these cancellations.

For those keeping score at home, Chum now concedes that ObamaCare is causing cancellations, and has switched to "they're insignificant." Next up will be the latest libtard fallback "well, their old insurance obviously sucked."

The type of cancellations you're talking about have been the norm for a long time.  They've been caused by many other laws.  I thought you were saying there was somerhing uniquely disasterous about cancellations caused by Obamacare.  Were you not?

Sorry chum. Before I move on to your next stupid argument, you're going to have to admit you were wrong about ObamaCare not causing cancellations.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 23, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »
TRASHING

Now you're getting it. Seriously though, if at any point you find something to the contrary, feel free to share. Or just go ahead and keep pretending that policies are not being cancelled due to ObamaCare mandates. Up to you.

What I'm getting is that I completely mistook you to be saying that there was something of significance about these cancellations.

For those keeping score at home, Chum now concedes that ObamaCare is causing cancellations, and has switched to "they're insignificant." Next up will be the latest libtard fallback "well, their old insurance obviously sucked."

The type of cancellations you're talking about have been the norm for a long time.  They've been caused by many other laws.  I thought you were saying there was somerhing uniquely disasterous about cancellations caused by Obamacare.  Were you not?

Sorry chum. Before I move on to your next stupid argument, you're going to have to admit you were wrong about ObamaCare not causing cancellations.

You're using the word "cancellation" to be synonymous with "plan change." Everyone knew there would be plan changes, including me.  It's the law.  So, in your sense, yes, I did know there would be cancellations.  I just thought you were trying to say something that wasn't completely trivial.  My mistake.

The Big Train

« Reply #952 on: October 23, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 23, 2013, 08:56:31 PM »
TRASHING

There is some significance in that the people were promised that they would be able to keep their plans if they liked them, they would be able to keep their doctor, and that the new plans would be less expensive.

I never took Obama to be saying both that their plans would change and and would not change.  But even if that's what he conveyed, is it really that significant?  Politicians do that all the time.

Well, I do think its significant because this was one of the cornerstone promises to the people he used to get that very, very slim win (using bribes as well) in the house and senate. And it isn't ambiguous at all. There is only one way to interpret what he says.

Quote from: Obama during 2009 AMA Speech
So let me begin by saying this: I know that there are millions of Americans who are content with their health care coverage - they like their plan and they value their relationship with their doctor. And that means that no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/15/obama-ama-speech-full-tex_n_215699.html

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #954 on: October 23, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »
I have no idea what you guys are arguing about over the last week or so, but here's the problem with obamacare:

It was sold as a plan that will provide insurance to everyone, to "fill the gap for those people who have fallen through the cracks", with the "rich footing the bill",

When in reality its consequences leave fewer people insured, and the people that were already doing what they were supposed to be doing, working a job or buying their own, footing the bill. Only a fool could think that the law was drafted without being aware of the consequences. 

And the person propogating the lie that is the former is hardly being held responsible for the latter.  Per usual, in libtard la la land, having an idea that is well intended is good enough, regardless of the extraordinary cost and suffering to the public.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 23, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »
I have no idea what you guys are arguing about over the last week or so, but here's the problem with obamacare:

It was sold as a plan that will provide insurance to everyone, to "fill the gap for those people who have fallen through the cracks", with the "rich footing the bill",

When in reality its consequences leave fewer people insured, and the people that were already doing what they were supposed to be doing, working a job or buying their own, footing the bill. Only a fool could think that the law was drafted without being aware of the consequences. 

And the person propogating the lie that is the former is hardly being held responsible for the latter.  Per usual, in libtard la la land, having an idea that is well intended is good enough, regardless of the extraordinary cost and suffering to the public.

^
butthurt
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #956 on: October 23, 2013, 11:10:20 PM »
^
Butthurtier
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 23, 2013, 11:14:52 PM »
 :angry:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 24, 2013, 08:18:28 AM »
TRASHING

You're using the word "cancellation" to be synonymous with "plan change." Everyone knew there would be plan changes, including me.  It's the law.  So, in your sense, yes, I did know there would be cancellations.  I just thought you were trying to say something that wasn't completely trivial.  My mistake.

And you're using the words "plan change" to gloss over the fact that millions of plans are being cancelled - i.e. not renewed - due to ObamaCare mandates. The new plans will in many cases have higher deductibles, higher premiums, and/or different doctor networks, as many unfortunate recipients of these letters have discovered. Hence the importance of Obama's bullshit promise that "if you like your plan, you can keep it."

Thus, your sanguine response that these "plan changes" are "insignificant" is just as stupid as your previous claim that ObamaCare was not to blame. Trying to convince you otherwise is just an excercise in futility. It was fun for a while to point out how demonstrably wrong you are, but even that's getting boring.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 24, 2013, 08:21:27 AM »
Do plans even have doctor networks anymore?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: October 24, 2013, 08:49:46 AM »
TRASHING

And you're using the words "plan change" to gloss over the fact that millions of plans are being cancelled - i.e. not renewed - due to ObamaCare mandates. The new plans will in many cases have higher deductibles, higher premiums, and/or different doctor networks, as many unfortunate recipients of these letters have discovered. Hence the importance of Obama's bullshit promise that "if you like your plan, you can keep it."

Thus, your sanguine response that these "plan changes" are "insignificant" is just as stupid as your previous claim that ObamaCare was not to blame. Trying to convince you otherwise is just an excercise in futility. It was fun for a while to point out how demonstrably wrong you are, but even that's getting boring.

Everyone knew all along that there would be higher deductibles and premiums.  (I've even stated that previously in this thread.). So you saying that there are higher deductibles, higher premiums, and CANCELLED PLANS really doesn't add anything meaningful. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 24, 2013, 09:17:30 AM »
Do plans even have doctor networks anymore?

Some have multiple networks and some just one, like Kaiser.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 24, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »

Thus, your sanguine response that these "plan changes" are "insignificant" is just as stupid as your previous claim that ObamaCare was not to blame. Trying to convince you otherwise is just an exercise in futility. It was fun for a while to point out how demonstrably wrong you are, but even that's getting boring.

Everyone knew all along that there would be higher deductibles and premiums.

:lol:

Obama: "I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."

Pelosi: "And everybody will have lower rates...."

Redi: "For people that have health insurance today, they will have an immediate reduction on an average of their insurance premium by $1,600 per year."

Glad that you "knew" it though Chum. Does that make it "insignificant" to those getting hit by increases? Or, are you now changing arguments again? Let's see: First it wasn't true that Obamacare was causing cancellations, er "plan changes" (false), then these changes were "insignificant" (false), and now I'm not "adding anything meaningful."  :lol:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 24, 2013, 09:40:22 AM »
Obama: "I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."

To be fair to Obama, this really isn't the plan he was endorsing when he was campaigning. He wanted single payer, iirc. This is Mitt Romney's plan.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 24, 2013, 09:47:30 AM »

To be fair to Obama, this really isn't the plan he was endorsing when he was campaigning. He wanted single payer, iirc. This is Mitt Romney's plan.

This claim did not pertain to a single-payer plan, which would have had no premium. The New York Times has the explanation of Obama's bullshit promise. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/23/us/23health.html?_r=3&

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 24, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »
Just signed up for my health benefits for 2014.  I'm getting paid $1.84/month to have health insurance.  Lotta liars in this thread.

How did you afford all that Chipotle for a week?
My health insurance covered it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:17 AM »

Thus, your sanguine response that these "plan changes" are "insignificant" is just as stupid as your previous claim that ObamaCare was not to blame. Trying to convince you otherwise is just an exercise in futility. It was fun for a while to point out how demonstrably wrong you are, but even that's getting boring.

Redi: "For people that have health insurance today, they will have an immediate reduction on an average of their insurance premium by $1,600 per year."

Glad that you "knew" it though Chum. Does that make it "insignificant" to those getting hit by increases? Or, are you now changing arguments again? Let's see: First it wasn't true that Obamacare was causing cancellations, er "plan changes" (false), then these changes were "insignificant" (false), and now I'm not "adding anything meaningful."  :lol:

Congrats on your recent discovery about politicians.  They're slippery bastards.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 24, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »

for one, subsidies, how do they work?
two, you keep thinking that increased costs aren't an issue here. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 24, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »
You fellas need to think of the Obamacare Website like a typical government procurement scenario, particularly as it relates to IT, which is also very similar to military weapons system procurement.

Award the lowest bidder (still spending lots of money tho), have various subcontractors, roll out with many issues, lots of money to fix all the issues, once millions/billions are spent fixing, PR campaign lauding performance mile stones coupled with "all complex things have bumps in the road" talking points, sprinkle with "but everything is working great now" (say with emphasis/smiles/hand gestures). 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 24, 2013, 03:58:57 PM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/10/23/george_will_on_obamacare_when_they_fix_the_website_their_real_problems_will_begin.html

When they fix the website, their real problems will begin. They're going to look back on the last few weeks as the good old days. When people hack their way through the thicket of difficulties and get to the real choices that Obamacare offers, particularly the 2.7 million young people they're counting on to sign up and the young people say, 'this is awfully expensive for something I don't want,' and recoil, That is the difficulties today are actually keeping people from seeing the bad choice they're going to have to make once they get onto the site.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 24, 2013, 04:13:59 PM »
what a dick, getting a woman who makes $26k a year fired to further his agenda.  just a slimy cocksucker.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 24, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »
what a dick, getting a woman who makes $26k a year fired to further his agenda.  just a slimy cocksucker.

This is how it works in the lib world. kill the messenger.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 24, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »

you don't think he was absolutely giddy (and hopeful) that this would be the outcome?  don't be naive JD.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 24, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »

you don't think he was absolutely giddy (and hopeful) that this would be the outcome?  don't be naive JD.

No, I don't believe that. He got more than enough from the interview itself. And paying this woman a year's salary is a class act. Hardly "slimy." I'm not even a big Hannity fan, but this was very nice of him. He didn't trick her. He told her she was on the air, he didn't ask trick questions, she just spoke the truth, got fired for it, and now he's helping her out.