Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 326497 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #875 on: October 21, 2013, 09:53:12 PM »
For gods sake, men should not have to purchase policies that include coverage for mammograms and cpv immunizations.

Well, you obviously hate women, FSD. We all need to pitch in and pay more for insurance so Sandra Fluke can get her "free" birth control, abortions, etc.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 21, 2013, 10:11:37 PM »
at k-s-u's expense, i mean.

I guess I'm just finding it fascinating how he seems reasonable for a bit, but then things reach a certain point and the wheels fall off.  Like, in contrast, FSD is just crap for brains from the get go, which does not interest me.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #877 on: October 21, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »
at k-s-u's expense, i mean.

I guess I'm just finding it fascinating how he seems reasonable for a bit, but then things reach a certain point and the wheels fall off.  Like, in contrast, FSD is just crap for brains from the get go, which does not interest me.

You don't know me, bro.  But you seem awfully stupid on the interwebs.  Navigator?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 21, 2013, 10:31:48 PM »

i agree, k-s-u is much more interesting than fsd.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 21, 2013, 11:08:11 PM »
I heard a report today that said more people have been forced off their plans in Florida and California as a result of obamacare than people who have signed up for obamacare in all 50 states, combined. . . by a multiple of 10.

I wonder what the resulting cost to the economy and healthcare system will be?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 22, 2013, 08:26:55 AM »
How does the AMA do this school limiting thing?

The AMA is incredibly powerful because stupid people (much of congress) believe anything and everything they say due to the fact that they are doctors.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 22, 2013, 08:29:42 AM »
"I heard..."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 22, 2013, 08:30:01 AM »
Having enough medical schools so that anyone can become a doctor might not be a good thing.  I would prefer that only the best get into doctor school and eventually cut me open.

You would still have to be able to pass your coursework and complete a residency. It's not like people would just show up to the medical school, collect a diploma, and start practicing. Even if you could, a system where we make malpractice result in immediate loss of licensure would weed out the bad doctors after they screw up only one person. "Pass 'em all and let Trim sort 'em out" would be a better system than we have now.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 22, 2013, 09:12:56 AM »
Good news everyone, healthcare.gov is back up and running again.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 22, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
Good news everyone, healthcare.gov is back up and running again.

He should have put "best viewed with Netscape Navigator "

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: October 22, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
Having enough medical schools so that anyone can become a doctor might not be a good thing.  I would prefer that only the best get into doctor school and eventually cut me open.

You would still have to be able to pass your coursework and complete a residency. It's not like people would just show up to the medical school, collect a diploma, and start practicing. Even if you could, a system where we make malpractice result in immediate loss of licensure would weed out the bad doctors after they screw up only one person. "Pass 'em all and let Trim sort 'em out" would be a better system than we have now.

vocal tone of the provider is actually a better indicator of malpractice claims than surgical outcomes.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 22, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »

vocal tone of the provider is actually a better indicator of malpractice claims than surgical outcomes.

Well, whatever works.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 22, 2013, 01:15:50 PM »
What happens when all the poors who sign up for insurance decide to stop paying their monthly premiums?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 22, 2013, 01:16:45 PM »
What happens when all the poors who sign up for insurance decide to stop paying their monthly premiums?

They lose their insurance.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 22, 2013, 03:42:22 PM »

They lose their insurance.

:dubious:

Allow me to rephrase:

What happens when all the millions of poors who sign up through healthcare.gov get tired of paying their premiums after a few months and decide to buy a new flat panel TV and extra large bags of Funyuns instead?

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 22, 2013, 03:43:41 PM »
Anybody here signed up yet?

a guy on another message board reported enrolling.  california, no tax credit.  cheaper than what my employer pays for me.  be nice if employers would offer a cash out option on their benefit and let employees buy on their own...

Today I enrolled my family of four for $671.86 per month.  This is for the Bronze 60 HSA PPO through Anthem.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 22, 2013, 03:44:04 PM »
hurr hurr poors

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 22, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »
hey brock landers, shut the eff up.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 22, 2013, 04:27:15 PM »
Anybody here signed up yet?

a guy on another message board reported enrolling.  california, no tax credit.  cheaper than what my employer pays for me.  be nice if employers would offer a cash out option on their benefit and let employees buy on their own...

Today I enrolled my family of four for $671.86 per month.  This is for the Bronze 60 HSA PPO through Anthem.

I checked those out the first day. The deductibles are really high on the bronze plans as well as the copays. I suppose for a young family it makes sense if you aren't the type to use a doctor for colds and stuff. I suppose the $60 copay will stop a lot of that.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 22, 2013, 04:37:05 PM »
my employer offers a really shitty high-deductible/hsa plan.  it's basically the same cost to me as for the plan that pays almost everything that we currently have.  otherwise i'd be just as happy switching to that as switching to a cheaper exchange plan and getting my benefit as salary.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 22, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
More confused insurers. Chum really needs to get on this. People are suffering.

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2013/October/21/cancellation-notices-health-insurance.aspx

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 22, 2013, 05:16:53 PM »
More confused insurers. Chum really needs to get on this. People are suffering.

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2013/October/21/cancellation-notices-health-insurance.aspx

Do you realize that you're linking the exact same story over and over?  Do you even have a point?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 22, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »
Sys, believe it or not, you could buy health insurance on the internet before obamacare, and in most cases it was cheaper than it is now.  So I'm not sure what your point here is, unless its that you were an ignorant rough ridin' rube.

I agree that you should be able to accept your health benefit as cash from your employer, however.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 22, 2013, 09:09:52 PM »
FSD is the best poster in this thread

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 22, 2013, 09:13:18 PM »

no, your entire post is dumb.